AC @ Kingston

acmav53

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No suprises here. AC-Kingston is always a tough, hard fought football game. AC always seems to bring out the best in kingston. Kingston outplayed AC for most of the game, except when it mattered most. My hat goes off to both teams, AC could have folded in the first overtime, but scored on 4th and long, after their first three plays went nowhere. Kingston played a tremendous defensive football game against what has been until tonight a pretty explosive AC offense. AC didn't click tonight, but give credit to Vic and his team. Proud of the Mavs, they fought and didn't fold like a quarter.

There was a couple of offsides at the end of OT that didn't get called but regardless Kingston shouldve still won they had the ball 1st and gaol on the 4 and had to settle for a FG with about 40 seconds to go in regulations to make it 10-10 instead of 14-10. Kingston played with alot of heart tonight. Best game by far this year. Go Jackets!

There was a couple of offsides at the end of OT that didn't get called but regardless Kingston shouldve still won they had the ball 1st and gaol on the 4 and had to settle for a FG with about 40 seconds to go in regulations to make it 10-10 instead of 14-10. Kingston played with alot of heart tonight. Best game by far this year. Go Jackets!

Maybe those couple offsides were to make up for a couple of pass interference calls a few years back. But regardless of mistakes by officials these two teams go after each other every time they play. AC had a field earlier when they had the ball down extremly close, it could've or should've been 14-7 AC at that time if you are an AC fan. Arguments can be made that AC should have won the game in regulation. Who played the best for the most minutes? Kingston. Who put more points on the score board? AC. Kingston is a very good football team, so is AC. Let's not take away from a great, great football game by implying the officials cost one team or the other.

I'd say the biggest play was the 88-yard punt return by AC.

I would say the biggest play was after KINGSTON scored on the first play in OT on a pass to SAMS and AC had the ball on the 9 yard line on 4th down & goal most fans thought it was over.But LONGMIRE threw the pass high in the air and CHAD COLEMAN made a perfect catch for a TD to give ANDERSON COUNTY LIFE. I wish both teams goodluck & GODBLESS EM and maybe all the fans will get to see another great game @ AC in the PLAYOFFS.One thing I love about HS FOOTBALL is for 6 bucks you almost always get your moneys worth you cant say that about many things this day&time .

this game tonight was one of the best and hardest games i've ever played in.....hats off to kingston on a great game....That was the first time i've ever play in an overtime game.....and it was nerve wracking!!

GREAT GAME #53 you and #10 2.#56. and #11 PLAYED YOUR BUTTS OFF IT WAS THE BEST 6 BUCKS I HAVE EVER SPENT.

What heart!!!!!

I'll take Kingston in this one. There isn't a team that has ever came to Kingston and hasn't been intimidated. Last year they lost to Catholic by one score and the only team to get within twenty points. And AE won by two after a field goal that hit the bottom post. Kingston has one of the most intimidating stadium and fans in 3A football so thats why I think Kingston takes this one. If the game was in AC then I would take AC but those Kingston students get wild and loud.

You know Volz, some people have criticized you for your statements here...but I've got to say to a certain extent I must agree with you. The OT's played out at Kingston's end of the field and your student section (along with your band...I'm a sucker for a good band,and Kingston has a good band!!!) followed their team up and down the sideline all game long. Their intensity was awesome. Besides AC's fans and student section and "Crazies" Kingston ranks as one of the top in the region. There was THUNDER. Congratulations to both teams and coaches for a hard fought game and for never quitting.

You know Volz, some people have criticized you for your statements here...but I've got to say to a certain extent I must agree with you. The OT's played out at Kingston's end of the field and your student section (along with your band...I'm a sucker for a good band,and Kingston has a good band!!!) followed their team up and down the sideline all game long. Their intensity was awesome. Besides AC's fans and student section and "Crazies" Kingston ranks as one of the top in the region. There was THUNDER. Contratulations to both teams and coaches for a hard fought game and for never quitting.

I'm glad to see there are some AC fans and players with some class. AC has done nothing but trash talk and send nasty text messages to Kingston fans and players. Last year they even went so far as to throw urine on the Kingston cheerleaders. Rivalry is great and school spirit is great, but sinking that low in the gutter is not what school spirit is all about. It takes carrying yourselves with class and dignity to make a great team, win or lose. AC seems to be falling short in that area.

I'm glad to see there are some AC fans and players with some class. AC has done nothing but trash talk and send nasty text messages to Kingston fans and players. Last year they even went so far as to throw urine on the Kingston cheerleaders. Rivalry is great and school spirit is great, but sinking that low in the gutter is not what school spirit is all about. It takes carrying yourselves with class and dignity to make a great team, win or lose. AC seems to be falling short in that area.

Most of the fans who support AC teams are first class people. And I emphasize most. Unfortunately all schools have fans who show themselves. I can remember a few years back when the students at Kingston basketball games were not exactly on their best behavior. As a matter of fact, and I emphasize fact because I was there, one of the finest young men to come out of AC was attacked by some students from Kingston. But I don't call the people of Kingston or their fans classless. I have deep respect for people like Jody McCloud, Vic King and others that I have gotten to know over the years. The AC people I know are all about class and I know alot of them.

You know Volz, some people have criticized you for your statements here...but I've got to say to a certain extent I must agree with you. The OT's played out at Kingston's end of the field and your student section (along with your band...I'm a sucker for a good band,and Kingston has a good band!!!) followed their team up and down the sideline all game long. Their intensity was awesome. Besides AC's fans and student section and "Crazies" Kingston ranks as one of the top in the region. There was THUNDER. Contratulations to both teams and coaches for a hard fought game and for never quitting.

Yeah its not easy to win in Kingston we are proud of our little town and school. Yeah people have come in here a really beat us but last year at home we only lost two and they were really really close against the powerhouse AE and Catholic. But the "Kingston Krazies" gotta get ready for the Tornado to come through next year I believe. Next years Kingston team is GOOD.