Station Camp 6 Lavergne 1

CCS 4 Boyd Buchanan 2

Germantown 1 DCA 4

Cheatham Co 2 Davidson Aca 6

Montgomery Central 0 MLK 2

FCS 3 Sycamore 2

Portland v. Overton

Antioch 2 McGavock 3

My questions are leading up to this. I know that teams are limited to the number of total games they can schedule, and it is my understanding that a tournament be it 3 or even 4 games only counts as 2 for your game limit count. In the past, I've generally seen tournament games that ran Friday - Saturday or Sunday, or even Monday on a long weekend. This year, I've seen more of these distributed tournaments that start in mid-week, are scattered over several locations, and finish on the weekend. Is this pushing the definition of a tournament? I'm certainly not accusing anybody, just wondering. Somebody who knows the TSSAA rules better than me should be able to clarify.

A tournament counts as two games no matter how many you play. This tournament each team plays 3 games and a

possible finals game (depending on your points) being your 4th game. Per TSSAA rules you are allowed 4 scrimmages,

16 games,and 2 tournaments per season.Now If you have a jv team, your jv scrimmages can count towards your varsity if your jv team plays a scrimmage in the specified time frame that is designated for scrimmages by the TSSAA.So you do not want to play a jv scrimmage.The rule has more specifics but your jv does not need to play a scrimmage.Since it is just a building tool for the varsity (PROGRAM) anyway. However there is no limits to how many jv games you can schedule during season. You have playdates,scrimmages and schedule ,then post season. And rules

to define each one.

A tournament counts as two games no matter how many you play. This tournament each team plays 3 games and a

possible finals game (depending on your points) being your 4th game. Per TSSAA rules you are allowed 4 scrimmages,

16 games,and 2 tournaments per season.Now If you have a jv team, your jv scrimmages can count towards your varsity if your jv team plays a scrimmage in the specified time frame that is designated for scrimmages by the TSSAA.So you do not want to play a jv scrimmage.The rule has more specifics but your jv does not need to play a scrimmage.Since it is just a building tool for the varsity (PROGRAM) anyway. However there is no limits to how many jv games you can schedule during season. You have playdates,scrimmages and schedule ,then post season. And rules

to define each one.

What's to stop 8 teams from across the state in saying that over a 3-week period, we'll all play each other, and we do it as a "Tournament" All the games will be held at 4 different schools, with 10 different nights of games. Could I put this together under the guise of a "tournament", and only count the 8 games I played as 2 games per the tournament rule (that a tournament counts only as two games towards my 16 game limit)?

What's to stop 8 teams from across the state in saying that over a 3-week period, we'll all play each other, and we do it as a "Tournament" All the games will be held at 4 different schools, with 10 different nights of games. Could I put this together under the guise of a "tournament", and only count the 8 games I played as 2 games per the tournament rule (that a tournament counts only as two games towards my 16 game limit)?

Well in this case we have a 4 day period. All tournaments have to be submitted to the TSSAA for approval under TSSAA

guidelines.TSSAA has a website where you can get this info.

Well in this case we have a 4 day period. All tournaments have to be submitted to the TSSAA for approval under TSSAA

guidelines.TSSAA has a website where you can get this info.

4 seam very reasonable. I didn't know that TSSAA had to approve, so maybe that's the control. But if 4 days is ok, is 5? 6? 7? That's what I'm trying to determine. Is there an absolute limit, or is only limited by what the TSSAA will approve.

To be more specific without pulling out the TSSAA Rule Book, where there are many pages. Your team cannot play

any regular season games in between tournament games. So the three week theory is blown,especially with a ten week season

To be more specific without pulling out the TSSAA Rule Book, where there are many pages. Your team cannot play

any regular season games in between tournament games. So the three week theory is blown,especially with a ten week season