Page at Marshall Co.

HesterBeSeeinULater

I see the Quarterback from Page leading them to victory in this one. I believe Marshall is a lesser Defense this year and I think Page will load up on Braden and make Marshall County beat them throwing the ball. I like a couple players Page has on their defense also I think the linebackers run well and the kicker is a pretty solid defensive tackle.

Page 28

Marshall 20

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catfish.......I see the obvious pick! It should be Marshall Co....hands down. Home field advantage, more size, more speed! Page might have an edge on experience...whatever that will mean

Outside of last year when Page was obviously overmatched, you can throw the book out the window in this rivalry/region game. I have seen some strange things happen and strange play calling.

I wonder if that guy still wanders the sidelines for WAXO radio and still "sends" signals to the coaching staff......I don't know how...but you never knew if that was possible. Is that the same radio guy who got two unsportsmanlike penalties against him /Marshall Co in a playoff game? I got used to seeing the same officiating crew that came from the Alabama stateline....those guys needed walkers to get out there and each one had a raspy voice from too much smoking and drinking Jack Daniels. AHHHH ....those were the good ol' days

I think Middle Tennessee is a little mixed up. The matchups for this game may be favored on one side or the other...but the KICKING edge goes to Rion of Page. A 52 yd field goal already this year. In a close 4th quarter, I see him being the difference.

Everyone thought Marshall would have a killer defense this year and Page would pass for a zillion yards.....so far that has not materialized either way

I would say to the Page fans that post on here, please do not mention or go into any detail the changes that have taken place for this week's game. We do not need to tip our hand.

This game will require that the top players step up and do well. However, I predict a player without much recognition will produce a game changing play. The team with least turnovers/penalties will have the upper edge. Page must have control of the game clock to win. I know what I am talking about with Marshall, we got ahead 28-0 once and barely held on to win.

Bulldog69 said: hey govols....as long as we are brought up in your other threads...it won't go unnoticed. Let's see...you won and you are still complaining about our fans...get over it!

Bulldog,

In your last post on the CAK vs. Page thread, you emphatically asked me to leave you alone. Surely you know by now that I could have taken each point you made and make a counterpoint. The only, I repeat only reason I didn't is that it was obvious that you were sincerely upset and you asked me to leave you alone. So I did. Had you not chosen to engage me, I would not have bothered you or made statements on your teams' thread. I made it clear that I speak for myself and only myself. If you looked at the CAK vs. Wartburg thread, you saw that the only reason Page came up was a couple of Page fans chose to post there first and other fans responded. My only comment on that thread about Page was that "I had my say about the Page game on the other thread." and I was moving on to the current thread. Once again, you look to blame people for things they have no control over. I'm not the CAK AD, the Page AD, a player, a referee, and I didn't complain about your fans on the other thread. I expressed my opinion about your endless whining about the refs, publics playing privates, Page playing twice in Knoxville, etc., etc. very clearly on the Page vs. CAK thread. I think my position was crystal clear, but if not it is still there for you to read.

I also plainly said that if one of the players was deliberately rough, that he should be punished and suggested the Page coaching staff inform the CAK staff. Whether that happened or not I don't know, but apparently the young man confessed and was disciplined. I don't speak for the school, the players, or the other fans. I made my distaste for any deliberate attempt at injury very plain. The only one who can apologize for what that player did is that player. It is an embarassment to me as well as the other CAK fans, and was obviously a valid concern on the part of your players and fans. Having said that, it doesn't change the other issues. It is obvious that it's your style or personality to complain about all the things I mentioned before. If we played again and CAK won, you would have a multitude of complaints just like you did the last 2 years. I don't believe your opinion can be changed, and it doesn't matter how much your arguments are shot down. You would ignore that they are shot down, and still have the same opinion. So, once again, it is my (and only my) opinion that I hope our respective teams elect to find another opponent for the future.

Sincerely,

Govolsknox

I see the Quarterback from Page leading them to victory in this one. I believe Marshall is a lesser Defense this year and I think Page will load up on Braden and make Marshall County beat them throwing the ball. I like a couple players Page has on their defense also I think the linebackers run well and the kicker is a pretty solid defensive tackle.

Page 28

Marshall 20

IF page is able to stop Braden, which very few teams have been able to do over the last 3 years, then they better have their secondary ready because Morris can really sling the ball around as he is in the top 10 passing leaders in the state! Marshall County's offense is very dangerous so to a defence its just pick your poison; stop the run and let Morris and that group of fine recievers beat you through the air or load up on the pass and let Braden get in the open field. I don't see them being able to do that. If Marshall's defence doesn't tighten up then i see this one being a barn-burner.

Bulldog69 said: hey govols....as long as we are brought up in your other threads...it won't go unnoticed. Let's see...you won and you are still complaining about our fans...get over it!

Bulldog,

In your last post on the CAK vs. Page thread, you emphatically asked me to leave you alone. Surely you know by now that I could have taken each point you made and make a counterpoint. The only, I repeat only reason I didn't is that it was obvious that you were sincerely upset and you asked me to leave you alone. So I did. Had you not chosen to engage me, I would not have bothered you or made statements on your teams' thread. I made it clear that I speak for myself and only myself. If you looked at the CAK vs. Wartburg thread, you saw that the only reason Page came up was a couple of Page fans chose to post there first and other fans responded. My only comment on that thread about Page was that "I had my say about the Page game on the other thread." and I was moving on to the current thread. Once again, you look to blame people for things they have no control over. I'm not the CAK AD, the Page AD, a player, a referee, and I didn't complain about your fans on the other thread. I expressed my opinion about your endless whining about the refs, publics playing privates, Page playing twice in Knoxville, etc., etc. very clearly on the Page vs. CAK thread. I think my position was crystal clear, but if not it is still there for you to read.

I also plainly said that if one of the players was deliberately rough, that he should be punished and suggested the Page coaching staff inform the CAK staff. Whether that happened or not I don't know, but apparently the young man confessed and was disciplined. I don't speak for the school, the players, or the other fans. I made my distaste for any deliberate attempt at injury very plain. The only one who can apologize for what that player did is that player. It is an embarassment to me as well as the other CAK fans, and was obviously a valid concern on the part of your players and fans. Having said that, it doesn't change the other issues. It is obvious that it's your style or personality to complain about all the things I mentioned before. If we played again and CAK won, you would have a multitude of complaints just like you did the last 2 years. I don't believe your opinion can be changed, and it doesn't matter how much your arguments are shot down. You would ignore that they are shot down, and still have the same opinion. So, once again, it is my (and only my) opinion that I hope our respective teams elect to find another opponent for the future.

Sincerely,

Govolsknox

YAAAWWWWNNNN!!!!!! SOS!!!!!!!!!!! I believe that I had zero arguments shot down nor will I change anything and Page will accept the apology for the deliberate attempt to hurt the player on our team.

Now on to the really important issue of this Region game. I think it can boil down to the ability to control the clock and minimize mistakes.

I haven't heard how healthy Marshall has been this year. Due to the previous years decline in enrollment, Page is just now getting their numbers up but like a lot of other 3a schools we are not deep. That is why I said previously that you should check back in week 5 to see where these region teams are and how healthy they are.

Page will be meeting a highly ranked 3a team once again. If you can't get up for this game, something is wrong with you

wow...where to start....

I consider myself to be a loyal page fan and i check the boards here normally. However after tonights game I had to register for an account and vent a little....

!) I DO NOT UNDERTSAND THE COACHING!!! This is our achilles heel. Im so tired of reading on here about how coach Daniels is a football "geniuis". Maybe at one point he was (brentwood/ravenwood) but im starting to think his magic is gone.... He is unable to adjust to the opposition. He goes into every game with the same one dimensional plan. He shows ZERO emotion on the sidelines. The man simply looks like he doesnt care.... STOP CALLING THE SAME 3 plays over and over again. (bubble screen, hb draw, qb keeper). Now i realize that this is 3A team and most 3A teams pass but come on! We run the spread offense with a QB that cant get enough protection and doesnt even look down field for the deep ball!!!!! We run up the middle with undersized O-linemen that try their best to block their oversized opponents. Im all for putting the ball in the hands of playmakers but I know for a FACT there are more playmakers on that team than #2 and #9 (no disrespect theyre great) but this is the most one dimensional offenses ive ever seen. All u have to do is watch tape and u know how to stop page. SHOW US SOMETHING NEW!!!! ADJUST YOUR DEFENSE AT HALF time.... EXAMPLE: obvious passing down 3rd and 14 and u send 3 rushers when we had been getting pressure all night!!!! FORCE A BAD THROW!!! IT WORKS!!! TRUST ME!!! RESULT: QB has 5 minutes to wait for a reciever to get open....1st down Marshall County!!!!! This happened like 5 times! EXAMPLE: Cornerbacks playing 10 yards off the recievers all night....RESULT: 5 yards here....7 yards there...picking appart the soft zone ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! Our corners are better athletes than Marshall Co's recievers. LET THEM PLAY UP A LITTLE!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN WHAT YOUR DOING ISINT WORKING!!!!!!!

2) TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS---too many. Plain and simple

3) OFFICIALS: anyone want to pass the hat and take up a collection for these poor blind souls? WORST BALL SPOTTING EVER!!!! IM ALSO PRETTY SURE THERE WERE MORE FLAGS THROWN THAN TOTAL POINTS SCORED IN THE GAME.....REDICULOUS!!! missed facemask calls....etc. Horrible officiating!!!!

In closing: Im sure alot of this may not make sense because im pist and needed to vent. but someone please give me an amen if u agree....i cant be the only one who see this.... It makes me so mad to see those boys hang their heads when the coaching is so bad!!

....pistpatriot....out

wow...where to start....

I consider myself to be a loyal page fan and i check the boards here normally. However after tonights game I had to register for an account and vent a little....

!) I DO NOT UNDERTSAND THE COACHING!!! This is our achilles heel. Im so tired of reading on here about how coach Daniels is a football "geniuis". Maybe at one point he was (brentwood/ravenwood) but im starting to think his magic is gone.... He is unable to adjust to the opposition. He goes into every game with the same one dimensional plan. He shows ZERO emotion on the sidelines. The man simply looks like he doesnt care.... STOP CALLING THE SAME 3 plays over and over again. (bubble screen, hb draw, qb keeper). Now i realize that this is 3A team and most 3A teams pass but come on! We run the spread offense with a QB that cant get enough protection and doesnt even look down field for the deep ball!!!!! We run up the middle with undersized O-linemen that try their best to block their oversized opponents. Im all for putting the ball in the hands of playmakers but I know for a FACT there are more playmakers on that team than #2 and #9 (no disrespect theyre great) but this is the most one dimensional offenses ive ever seen. All u have to do is watch tape and u know how to stop page. SHOW US SOMETHING NEW!!!! ADJUST YOUR DEFENSE AT HALF time.... EXAMPLE: obvious passing down 3rd and 14 and u send 3 rushers when we had been getting pressure all night!!!! FORCE A BAD THROW!!! IT WORKS!!! TRUST ME!!! RESULT: QB has 5 minutes to wait for a reciever to get open....1st down Marshall County!!!!! This happened like 5 times! EXAMPLE: Cornerbacks playing 10 yards off the recievers all night....RESULT: 5 yards here....7 yards there...picking appart the soft zone ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! Our corners are better athletes than Marshall Co's recievers. LET THEM PLAY UP A LITTLE!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN WHAT YOUR DOING ISINT WORKING!!!!!!!

2) TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS---too many. Plain and simple

3) OFFICIALS: anyone want to pass the hat and take up a collection for these poor blind souls? WORST BALL SPOTTING EVER!!!! IM ALSO PRETTY SURE THERE WERE MORE FLAGS THROWN THAN TOTAL POINTS SCORED IN THE GAME.....REDICULOUS!!! missed facemask calls....etc. Horrible officiating!!!!

In closing: Im sure alot of this may not make sense because im pist and needed to vent. but someone please give me an amen if u agree....i cant be the only one who see this.... It makes me so mad to see those boys hang their heads when the coaching is so bad!!

....pistpatriot....out

Wow!

I can't give you an Amen on everything but we do agree on a few things. My son is on the team (#23) and we were at the game tonight. I can tell you our boys left their heart and souls on that field and I could not be prouder of my son and the rest of the Patriots! Tough loss but a great fight.

Officiating...hate to beat a dead horse but come on? Marshall County given credit for a TD when the kid was obviously on the ground and then stuck the ball over the line? Another "Phantom" block just as my son has the greatest run of his football career! (That one's gonna hurt for awhile!) We missed how many 1st downs by an inch??? Have you ever seen worse ball placement and such obvious skimming?? The clock mysteriously disappears late in the 4th Quarter? So on and so on, it was never ending. Too bad we don't have instant replay in high school but guess that's what makes it so exciting. Hate to sound like a sore loser but we did not get a fair shake again this week.

Coaching....I won't down Daniels but would like to see more emotion out of the whole coaching staff. I know that my son feeds off emotion and the madder he gets, the better he plays. Pump them up, Yell, do something. My husband yells at his 9/10 year team more. I don't understand some of the play calling, especially tonight. I kept asking my husband why we were playing so deep on defense, didn't make sense to me either. I agree that our corners are better than their receivers and couldn't understand why we were giving them yards.

Turnovers...Ouch, too many. (My son included)

Good to see Neel finally get a couple passing TDs. He's got the receivers, use them. Not taking anything away from him or Lankford, both incredible athletes but there is a ton of talent on the team...utilize what you have. Since we scored 2 passing tds, keep passing. I don't understand the need to keep calling the same plays if they are obviously not working, let's mix it up a little, throw something at them that they haven't seen on game tape yet. Our offense is too predictable.

I will give credit to #22 for Marshall County, that kid has one of the best stiff-arms I've ever seen and is a very talented player. Line also looked good, have to give credit to them. Hamburgers were great, fans seemed polite. Even though we walked away with a loss, it was an enjoyable game overall.

Oh, Kudos to the Page Band....you guys are awesome!

Officiating didn't win or lose this game. Page, failing to get a 1st down twice on 4th and inches was a big reason for the Patriots loss. I thought both teams looked fairly even in talent. Marshall County has had problems with the clock in every home game. Most of these same officials worked the Hillsboro-Franklin tv game and they did a good job. I thought overall that Marshall Co won the battle in the trenches. I was a neutral observer from out of town.