CCS beats GPS question

CHAMPDDS

Correct.

Seems a shame to then possibly have to coach your defenders, that as a last ditch effort, stick out a hand, especially in the last minutes of a game, since it at least gives us a chance for the offense to not score with a failed PK..and play down a player for a few final minutes won't hurt... although the reality of this being a common occurence is low, like MBRAYNT said, if you are on the missed PK end of the deal, when you had a for sure goal....it seems the ref should have the discretion to award a goal...

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a shame to then possibly have to coach your defenders, that as a last ditch effort, stick out a hand, especially in the last minutes of a game, since it at least gives us a chance for the offense to not score with a failed PK..and play down a player for a few final minutes won't hurt... although the reality of this being a common occurence is low, like MBRAYNT said, if you are on the missed PK end of the deal, when you had a for sure goal....it seems the ref should have the discretion to award a goal...

Lets not put that kind of a decision on a ref.. I know in close games when I'm refereeing I would rather see the outcome be determined by the play on the field, then by some correct call that I made.

I hope that no coach would teach such a tactic to win a game. However, the consequences are more severe than playing short for the remainder of the game. The player would also be suspended for the next two games. See this article: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/28/seeing-red/

I hope that no coach would teach such a tactic to win a game. However, the consequences are more severe than playing short for the remainder of the game. The player would also be suspended for the next two games. See this article: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/28/seeing-red/

Good Point...the twp game suspension for a non-aggression foul seems a little tough....HHHMMMM

Our girls say that the ball never actually hit the girl's hand, but her hip as her hand was down at her side. Apparently the linesman didn't have a great view but made the call he thought he saw. It was definitely not deliberate though.

But hey. That's life. If the result had been different its no excuse, anyway.

First time in a while we've beaten GPS. They are a good team. And really fought those last 7+ minutes.