JV Games

DonCChatt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Bearden vs ND JV game, the ND keeper was given a red card for touching the ball outside of the box. The ND keeper was coming out hard to beat the forward to the ball and she slid out of the box in the process. Now I went and stood behind the goal and with the sun setting you could not see any lines at all. Now with the sun at your back you could see the lines. Anyway the referee determined that it was a intentional hand ball because she was the last person in the line of the defense. She had to leave the game with ND playing with 10 players and Bearden was awarded a free kick (they did not score). I am not questioning the call but does anyone know what the rules say regarding this young lady? Does she have to sit out 1 game?, 2 games? Does this carry over to varsity games or does it just count on JV games? By the way Olivia played a heck of a game! Bearden has a heck of a team. If I understand correctly this is the first tie (no losses) that Bearden JV team has had over the last 2 years.

In the Bearden vs ND JV game, the ND keeper was given a red card for touching the ball outside of the box. The ND keeper was coming out hard to beat the forward to the ball and she slid out of the box in the process. Now I went and stood behind the goal and with the sun setting you could not see any lines at all. Now with the sun at your back you could see the lines. Anyway the referee determined that it was a intentional hand ball because she was the last person in the line of the defense. She had to leave the game with ND playing with 10 players and Bearden was awarded a free kick (they did not score). I am not questioning the call but does anyone know what the rules say regarding this young lady? Does she have to sit out 1 game?, 2 games? Does this carry over to varsity games or does it just count on JV games? By the way she played a heck of a game! Bearden has a heck of a team. If I understand correctly this is the first tie (no losses) that Bearden JV team has had over the last 2 years.

that's a difficult situation. i found it very difficult to see the lines even after the sun had set, let alone before. but yes, olivia played amazing! she was all over the ball