Sweetwater Football... A New Low ?

catsfan84

From a proud program to an also ran ?? Is that what we are witnessing ?? I have followed Wildcat football for ages (And still support the program !!) but after 4 games i see the team getting worse each and every week. This I know for a fact, the players, the parents, and the fans have lost faith in the coaching staff. All you had to do was be there at the games and listen to know that. Head Coach David Staff is a good man, and is not an idiot, but at the same time how does he get that faith back ? Or is it time for somebody else to step in and lead this program ? Folks we still have 6 games to play, and where do we go from here ???? Whatever you think of the coaching, or lack there of, dont give up on these kids. They have never given up in any game, they played hard to the last whistle. Give the kids a chance and your support for the rest of this season and then we can talk about what needs to be done with the coaching situation. Go Wildcats !!

I don't think the Sweetwater program is at a new low. If anything they're just not sure of their potential. I think that Coach Staff and his assistants have to sit down and determine, with what atheletes they are given, their strengths and weakness' are. I think they have several good atheletes on the field each week. I will state this: I didn't like, that against Loudon, they had Tyler Richesin on the defense. He's been the offensive machine this year and it'd make sense to keep him that way. I could tell by the end of the second quarter that he'd expelled most of his energy. I know the Loudon coaches had spent lots of effort within their game plan to stop his timing on throws and his runs. My hats off to Loudon coaches in knowing what to do to eliminate any potential threats. I think that if the coaches would key in on what the Wildcat capabilities are, and utilize them to their FULL potential, they'd be okay. I know as the young men and personnel change from year to year it's hard to put it all together. Let's just hope the coaches mature together and find out what they can and can't do. I'm not giving up on them and think the kids are playing with lots of heart. I do think some of the younger members need to mature and "step it up". Coach Staff and Wilcat fans do not need to give up. I look forward to Polk Co and some more good football from these young men and the Wildcat coaching staff.

I dont know whats going on across the ridge, but as far as I can see, they play in one of the toughest regions and their non regional games are also pretty solid. I think Coach Staff is doing a good job and with next years realignment, well I think Sweetwater is doing just fine. The youth program is doing a great job and if I remember correctly, they do have a couple of classes coming thru who didnt fare so well in the youth league but good times are on the way. Hang in there Sweet H20 fans! GO CHIEFS!!!