BruinBabe

This answers ALOT of questions about why the former coach was fired. For three years it has been talked about Nicole Smith playing for Brentwood. Each year the rumor is that she is coming. Is there ANY question that at least part of the motivation for the move was to make this mom the coach?

I do NOT like this move, and it shows why volunteer coaches can become such a problem. It is the job of the principal to hire and fire coaches, NOT parents and players. I also dislike a parent coaching there own child.

I was hesitant to say anything but this whole thing is bad. If the former coach broke the rules, then follow the rules. If you don't do what the boss says, then the boss fires you.

There is much more going on here then what is being posted. How many other schools are going to move a coach to let a mom or dad take over in order to keep a star player. The "STAR" treatment of a great athlete is NOT fair to the athlete or to the team. This is nothing more than a school bending over backwards to keep their best player (and mom) happy.

It happens in football and basketball all of the time, now it is in volleyball. Don't glorify this, call it what it is. Sports are to TEACH the appropriate way to things, this is not it. Letting a 16 year old and her mom call the shots is a bad lesson!

Announcements