CAK @ Webb

Govolsknox

Is CAK gonna just walk to this game?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's gotta be strange bein so close!!! Anywho....i say...

Webb-20

CAK-24

In a close one!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not sure if CAK is going to walk to the game, but if they play like they did last year I think coach should consider making them walk back! ha. I walked to classes at UT that were farther away than these two schools are.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what you are going to get from Webb offensively, wing T dives, misdirection, and buck sweeps, with a few TE dumps sprinkled in there. They will be disciplined, minimize mistakes, and control the clock. They're not going to beat themselves, they are going to make you beat them. Great formula for success.

CAK's D-line needs penetration to disrupt all those pulling guards and make a human traffic jam in the middle, the LB's can't get caught looking into the backfield, OL and CB must contain and pinch everything down, and we MUST start making tackles at the point of contact rather than allowing the RB to break the tackle or drag us 5 yards downfield. I would like to see the Warriors throw a 5 man front at Webb, but I doubt that will happen.

Offensively CAK just needs to execute. Coach Bradley has plenty of schemes to get receivers open, we just need to make the throws and catches. We need a big night out of Kolinsky on the ground. And we must eliminate turnovers, they are killers. All-in-all CAK needs a complete game to be competitive and to put themselves in a position to win this game. Webb is solid, has been tested by some good football teams, but certainly beatable IMO.

Footballdad, It looked like we made it through the Wartburg game without any significant injuries unless I missed something. Do you have a feel for an injury report / status update?

Don't believe there were any new injuries to starters. The #28 (WR) aggravated a ham string injury and is doubtful for Friday, hope he is ready for the JV game Monday, he is really improving. #18 is back from the MCL sprain, #88 was back conditioning yesterday but I think they will wait til Alcoa to let him play, #81 is still in a sling but has started therapy and hopes to be ready by Alcoa, but most likely not until Oliver Springs, #9 seems to be rested and ready to go (big news on him coming in early October, tell you later), #42 is still nursing an injury but will be able to play, #20, #24 and #2 are practicing and will play, but still dinged up, I believe most of the linemen are healthy other than typical cuts and bruises.

I'm going to see about getting TOC to sponsor my weekly injury report, and maybe we can get BackYard Burgers to throw in some food as well for all the promotion we give them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't believe there were any new injuries to starters. The #28 (WR) aggravated a ham string injury and is doubtful for Friday, hope he is ready for the JV game Monday, he is really improving. #18 is back from the MCL sprain, #88 was back conditioning yesterday but I think they will wait til Alcoa to let him play, #81 is still in a sling but has started therapy and hopes to be ready by Alcoa, but most likely not until Oliver Springs, #9 seems to be rested and ready to go (big news on him coming in early October, tell you later), #42 is still nursing an injury but will be able to play, #20, #24 and #2 are practicing and will play, but still dinged up, I believe most of the linemen are healthy other than typical cuts and bruises.

I'm going to see about getting TOC to sponsor my weekly injury report, and maybe we can get BackYard Burgers to throw in some food as well for all the promotion we give them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks for the injury report, soon to be sponsored by Back Yard Burger. I am glad to hear that we didn't have any new players injured with the exception of #28. Hope he gets back to work soon. I'm wondering, given that 9 should be back barring further injury for the work on offense which should free up 24, what do you think the chances are of seeing 23, 24, and 29 on the field at the same time this week?

I had a chance to get my hands on a bootleg copy of a JV game recently. It was very impressive. #18 looked extremely good at QB and I was also glad to see him get some PT at FB for current varsity reasons. There is no question that even with my untrained eye you can pick out some really skilled players. I'm not the most knowledgeable on line play, but several numbers that jumped out at me were 18, 22, 27, 4, 11, 8 & 19. I know I'm leaving out a bunch, but these are some that come to mind that were easy to spot. I hope that I'm able to catch some more film later on in the season.

Thanks for the injury report, soon to be sponsored by Back Yard Burger. I am glad to hear that we didn't have any new players injured with the exception of #28. Hope he gets back to work soon. I'm wondering, given that 9 should be back barring further injury for the work on offense which should free up 24, what do you think the chances are of seeing 23, 24, and 29 on the field at the same time this week?

I had a chance to get my hands on a bootleg copy of a JV game recently. It was very impressive. #18 looked extremely good at QB and I was also glad to see him get some PT at FB for current varsity reasons. There is no question that even with my untrained eye you can pick out some really skilled players. I'm not the most knowledgeable on line play, but several numbers that jumped out at me were 18, 22, 27, 4, 11, 8 & 19. I know I'm leaving out a bunch, but these are some that come to mind that were easy to spot. I hope that I'm able to catch some more film later on in the season.

Not sure about the 23,24, 29 trio on the field at the same time, but I believe they are all healthy enough now for that to happen, we'll see. This should be an interesting game on Friday.

The JV's play @Webb Monday. All those players you mentioned are improving and should see Varsity playing time next year. The #3 also has shown he can catch the ball. I don't know all the numbers but a couple of the linemen are stepping up as well.

Game day, hope the rain holds off!

Any change in player availability? I picked up that there may be a player unavailable that was previously thought to be playing.

I had a chance to catch a very good MS game last night between CAK and Grace. Grace has really come a long way and the game was closer than the score. There are definitely some players on the CAK MS team. It's good to see the program making progress.

Game day, hope the rain holds off!

Any change in player availability? I picked up that there may be a player unavailable that was previously thought to be playing.

I had a chance to catch a very good MS game last night between CAK and Grace. Grace has really come a long way and the game was closer than the score. There are definitely some players on the CAK MS team. It's good to see the program making progress.

Is Tredway still the ms coach? if so ya"ll got a good one.

I'm pulling for CAK tonight but it will be tuff. Go region 2

Yes he is still the coach, and yes I think he is a fantastic coach. He gets middle school players to do things that I don't see many other places. He has some good athletes to work with, but my take is that much / most of what you see is athletes who are being "coached up."

I agree, tonight will be tough. Webb has a great program. Thanks for the well wishes!