Twans new quote

fanman

Twan...your new quote really brings back memories. Why it was just yesterday it seems(several years ago really)that we were listening to the Gordansville-Smithville football game on the way back from our game when that quote was made by the Smithville radio folks.(By the way I sure miss those guys...nobody fired up our team like those dudes did.) Anywho..they had Tyrone Owens and had just defeated G-ville...which I might also add is always a great feeling...and they were counting their victories for the year...not the past ones...the ones to come...and they got to Smith Co...which they quickly put in their win column...why?? Because this year "we got speed". Well...come game time..Twan was listening to the Smithville radio guys instead of ours. If you never heard them announce...you missed it. Smithville had the ball and handed off to Owens. He ran a sweep and broke in the clear. Twan said their radio guys said "hes gone". Appox 15 yards later no fewer than 3 of our guys ran him down. An even more famous quote then was aired by the dynamic duo..."Hey...they got speed too". We blew them out once again. It was a great nite. Again..I sure miss those guys. And thanks Twan for bringing them to the forefront.

Fan(ahhh the memories)

[Edited by fanman on 8-6-02 7:40P]

[Edited by fanman on 8-6-02 7:42P]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by fanman:

Twan...your new quote really brings back memories. Why it was just yesterday it seems(several years ago really)that we were listening to the Gordansville-Smithville football game on the way back from our game when that quote was made by the Smithville radio folks.(By the way I sure miss those guys...nobody fired up our team like those dudes did.) Anywho..they had Tyrone Owens and had just defeated G-ville...which I might also add is always a great feeling...and they were counting their victories for the year...not the past ones...the ones to come...and they got to Smith Co...which they quickly put in their win column...why?? Because this year "we got speed". Well...come game time..Twan was listening to the Smithville radio guys instead of ours. If you never heard them announce...you missed it. Smithville had the ball and handed off to Owens. He ran a sweep and broke in the clear. Twan said their radio guys said "hes gone". Appox 15 yards later no fewer than 3 of our guys ran him down. An even more famous quote then was aired by the dynamic duo..."Hey...they got speed too". We blew them out once again. It was a great nite. Again..I sure miss those guys. And thanks Twan for bringing them to the forefront.

Fan(ahhh the memories)

You're right fan, we used to have some great games with Dekalb back in those years. Their radio guys were the most confident bunch I have ever heard. We would always tell our football team what they had said before the game. It was better than any bulletin board material anyone could come up with. :rolleyes:

Guest beavis

I would like to know who has the power to completely erase posts that are made. If someone disagrees with an opinion, they should reply to that opinion instead of completely erasing it. The post that was erased contained no obscenity. It just stated the opinion of myself and many others who read these threads regarding the intelligence level of the authors of the first two posts of this thread. If they want to continue to post such nonsense and drivel that's fine, but they should be big enough boys to accept some criticism when it comes their way. I still stand by my opinion that was erased although I will not repeat it for fear of being censored again. :o

Hate I missed it. But I have no such power. And could care less how intelligent you think I am. I didnt realise this was a site in which your judged on how smart you are.If that were the case dude Im sure you would be left out. Just reliving some past moments. If you didnt like it how come you are reading it? Just past it by...like I do your post.

Fan :o

Posted by fanman:

Hate I missed it. But I have no such power. And could care less how intelligent you think I am. I didnt realise this was a site in which your judged on how smart you are.If that were the case dude Im sure you would be left out. Just reliving some past moments. If you didnt like it how come you are reading it? Just past it by...like I do your post.

Fan :o

Fan, beavis and butthead live in Gordansville. Who would have thunk that? :confused: :D

Posted by beavis:

And Carthage is the home of Dumb and Dumber. That still doesn't answer the question of why the earlier post was deleted.

Why don't you just post under your former name, DanTheMan. We know who you are. Nobody else over there is as obnoxious. :o

[Edited by Antwan on 8-7-02 9:43A]

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by beavis:

And Carthage is the home of Dumb and Dumber. That still doesn't answer the question of why the earlier post was deleted.

Why don't you just post under your former name, DanTheMan. We know who you are. Nobody else over there is as obnoxious. :o

Twan, I'm late to the party... what is your new quote. And I'm not from G'ville, I'm still Swamp from Kingston.

Posted by swamp:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by beavis:

Twan, I'm late to the party... what is your new quote. And I'm not from G'ville, I'm still Swamp from Kingston.

swampy, check your private messages for an explanation.

Posted by Antwan:
Posted by fanman:

Fan(ahhh the memories)

You're right fan, we used to have some great games with Dekalb back in those years. Their radio guys were the most confident bunch I have ever heard. We would always tell our football team what they had said before the game. It was better than any bulletin board material anyone could come up with. :o

Hey, twan, I can't imagine any radio announcers more confident than Rockwood's. They were even confident after losses back in the day when TankTalk was part of their team!

Tank on air: We really moved the ball on Kingston.

Caller: You lost 33-0.

Tank: Yeah, but we really moved the ball.

Last year (post-Tank): This is Rockwood's year. Kingston is down. Rockwood should win by 3 touchdowns.

Final Score: Kingston 24, Rockwood 3.

I knew DanTheVandyFan had changed his name...but to beavis?? That really fits. And I also knew he wouldnt be able to resist trash talking us. He just cant help it. But why change your name?? An obnoxious dude like you will always be easy to pick from the crowd. But I am glad your back...we needed some spice. GET READY FOR YOUR WHOOPING!!! The season cant start quick enough for me.

Fan(beavis...really fits Dan, really fits)