Bledsoe vs Grace

warrior4ever

Bledsoe isn't that bad of a team they just need some direction. I am not bad mouthing the coach either, just think they need week or two to get back on track. They played really hard against Seq. but I think Grace will win this game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope your wrong. Come on boys play hard like you did last week leave it all on the feild

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me the eternal optimist, but I am going to pick the "Big Blue" by 2 touchdowns. I have not seen Grace, but I have heard they have a pretty good athlete playing QB, but I just have that feeling that our boys will get things going tonight and get the win by a couple of scores. I can't be there tonight, have to speak in Franklin Co. at an event, but will be there in thought. Hit 'em in the mouth every play and stay tough for 4 quarters and the ride home will be a lot shorter and the soreness tomorrow will be much easier to take.

Call me the eternal optimist, but I am going to pick the "Big Blue" by 2 touchdowns. I have not seen Grace, but I have heard they have a pretty good athlete playing QB, but I just have that feeling that our boys will get things going tonight and get the win by a couple of scores. I can't be there tonight, have to speak in Franklin Co. at an event, but will be there in thought. Hit 'em in the mouth every play and stay tough for 4 quarters and the ride home will be a lot shorter and the soreness tomorrow will be much easier to take.

I sure hope you are right Eric, but you're probably not. I am going to make the trip tonight and I sure would like to see a Warrior win. If the QB for Grace can throw the ball like folks say he can, we will have a hard time. The only thing we seem to do on defense is stunt the inside linebacker and people get all excited because sometimes he makes a big play. I watched last week, and on defense there were stunts and blitzes all night long. You don't win by guessing and hoping. At some point there has to be a defensive scheme put in place that forces players to play their position, do their assignment, and really stop people. I have not seen that happen all year, nor did that happen a single time last year. If someone would sit and watch the defensive signals on the sideline, they are using the same signal for their main stunt as last year. Stunts and gimmicks make for a big play or 2 and can put a player in position for a big hit or 2, but that does not win football games over teams that are well coached and are disciplined in their assignments.

Free Press box. Good start for Bledsoe but too much Blake, no running game for Bledsoe. Grace wins despite 140 yards in penalties.

Grace Academy 54, Bledsoe County 22

Bledsoe 14 0 8 0 — 22

Grace 13 27 7 7 — 54

First Quarter

G — Josh Blake 14 run (kick failed), 9:20

B — Chase Brown 15 run (Brandon Smith pass from Tyler Harvey), 5:23

B — Harvey 1 run (pass failed), 3:50

G — Blake 15 run (Jefferson Walker kick), 1:03

Second Quarter

G — Matt Rebush 33 pass from Blake (Walker kick), 11:40

G — Blake 60 run (kick failed), 6:45

G — Fuquan Harper 36 pass from Blake (Walker kick), 2:37

G — Taylor Wilson 10 pass from Blake (Walker kick), 0:26

Third Quarter

G — Cody Cross 2 run (Walker kick), 7:54

B — Matt Ridley 44 pass from Dylan Blaylock (Brandon Smith run), 3:21

Fourth Quarter

G — Caleb Rogers 10 run (Walker kick), 10:03

———

B G

First downs 8 27

Rushes-Yards 29-50 35-277

Passing 99 175

Total yards 149 452

Comp-Att-Int 7-13-0 11-14-1

Punts-Avg. 4-28 1-29

Fumbles-Lost 3-2 1-0

Penalties-Yards 6-50 17-140

———

HIGHLIGHTS

Rushing: Blake 10-142, Cross 12-88 (G); Brown 9-30 B. Passing: Blake 8-11-1, 135 (G). Receiving: Harper 3-77 (G). Other standouts: Nathan Rector sack, fumble recovery (G). Record: Grace Academy 3-2.