Hickman County's season and future.....

4Horsemen

You need to go back and read your post on 9/30 @ 1:35 to FBCoach where you said "can you not get this through your thick heads".

Since you used "thick heads" (in the plural and I assume FBCoach only has one), then one could assume anyone who disagrees with you must have a "thick head".

It's Coach Patterson team. If he don't want the parents out there, then they shouldn't be out there. End of story.

I really don't understand why the parents think they need to go out there?

Me either. Team meetings are not for parents. Our baseball team goes to the middle of the outfield for their team meetings. The reasoning seems pretty obvious. They want to talk about things as a team that they don't want anyone else hearing. If a parent starts across the field it will usually be a senior that holds up his hand to stop them in their tracks. The basketball and football teams usually head straight for the locker room and the parents wait outside until they are turned loose. If the football team wants to meet on the field, then I think the parents should respectfully stay back until the meeting breaks up.

I still say 'what we have here is failure to communicate.'

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought i would stop coloring for just a moment to respond to you ddaddy....i appreciate your concern about my lack of reading ability....i dont think my major problem is being able to read as much as it is being able to understand something that is completely non-coherent....by the way, if you are paying attention, the only one i have accused of being backwards is you (not everyone).....BUT, i will agree with you on this.....we ARE lucky to have a great coach like coach Patterson....he seems to not only be a good coach but also a good teacher and a very moral and ethical person....our boys will be better people in the end because they played for Patterson and his fine staff.....sorry, this is the best response my short mind can come up with.....now....back to coloring Jane

P.S. still wondering who Maro is?

The Players' name was Mario Frazier and I think he may have even went back there to coach. I'm sorry that I didn't get his name correct the first time. I knew his last name, but didn't want to put it on the board. I believe that his dad is Curtis, who play for Lewis County in the mid 70's. He was a DB / RB for the Panthers under coach West. If you look closer you will find more of a connection then you thought between the two Counties. I believe that Coach Tarkington (sp?) and Coach Wright had a few relatives here as well. All this because of your asinine statement about no kinship between our two fine counties. I can understand the good folks from HC not wanting to claim you because of your adversary attitude toward most everyone from there, but you can't erase the fact that we are all connected. I hope that if I didn't get coachs' name exactly right that you don't get amnesia about him as well because he was a fine defensive coach back in the day!

You need to go back and read your post on 9/30 @ 1:35 to FBCoach where you said "can you not get this through your thick heads".

Since you used "thick heads" (in the plural and I assume FBCoach only has one), then one could assume anyone who disagrees with you must have a "thick head".

It's Coach Patterson team. If he don't want the parents out there, then they shouldn't be out there. End of story.

I really don't understand why the parents think they need to go out there?

NUMBER 1.....not sure that i exactly understand where you are going with your first paragraph....but I must say, again, that I agree with you and the others who believe that Coach Patt has the right to handle that situation anyway he pleases.... NUMBER 2 be careful who you chastise with regards to their use of the English language ("if he don't want the parents out there"?)....."if he do not want the parents out there".....I think you were looking for the word, doesn't....not don't NUMBER 3 I suppose the parents want to go out there because it's what they were allowed to do last year.....not saying that it's right or wrong either way....it's just the way it is

The Players' name was Mario Frazier and I think he may have even went back there to coach. I'm sorry that I didn't get his name correct the first time. I knew his last name, but didn't want to put it on the board. I believe that his dad is Curtis, who play for Lewis County in the mid 70's. He was a DB / RB for the Panthers under coach West. If you look closer you will find more of a connection then you thought between the two Counties. I believe that Coach Tarkington (sp?) and Coach Wright had a few relatives here as well. All this because of your asinine statement about no kinship between our two fine counties. I can understand the good folks from HC not wanting to claim you because of your adversary attitude toward most everyone from there, but you can't erase the fact that we are all connected. I hope that if I didn't get coachs' name exactly right that you don't get amnesia about him as well because he was a fine defensive coach back in the day!

listen ddaddy....i have no doubt you are a very fine person and i hope that you and all the others on this post realize that most everything that is said on here, at least by me, is said in jest and for fun....but I must be missing something here.....please help me recall any point where I made an "asinine" statement that had anything to do with the "connection and kinship between our two counties".....I think you have me mixed up with someone else....im sure i have made a few asinine statements on here, but that ain't one of them.....and by the way, since all the good folks of HC don't want to claim me, do you have a spare bedroom? I think we would get along fabulously!! P.S. i knew you were talking about Mario...I just wanted you to do your homework.....I'm sure he would be flattered that he has made the big time on Coach T!

Guys I have to tell you that a good friend of mine started this tread, the night after the game. i think after talking with him it has been misunderstood. It was not then or now about parents going onto the field it was about the non communication from the school admin. who was very rude in his reasonings. Every parent of a football player was sent home a letter explaining the situation and it makes since if this had been done prior this tread would have never been started. I do respect Coach P's time with his players I am not drinking the Kool aid though and know that this team just like every other has problems with parents complaing I myself complain I think our offense has taken a step backwards this year just look at the stats. But to all of the other teams Waverly, Lewis County and the rest ALL of Hickman County is united in Kicking your butts every chance we get with 4a players or 1a players we are just as good as all the Rest of our region. So we Hickman County Bulldog Fans can argue with ourselves but all others stay out of our business and worry about your own teams cause we are gunning for the carpet and will step on any team who gets in our way.

after that 4a talent is gone (Scot sowell) They will be the same as always stink stink stink

Scott Sowell is a great ball player and I am so glad he is on our team But remember last year Mr waverly wasnt it #5 Marcus Grimes who torched your team. So if Bubba wasnt here you still couldn't beat us Dont hate us cause you can't beat us.

listen ddaddy....i have no doubt you are a very fine person and i hope that you and all the others on this post realize that most everything that is said on here, at least by me, is said in jest and for fun....but I must be missing something here.....please help me recall any point where I made an "asinine" statement that had anything to do with the "connection and kinship between our two counties".....I think you have me mixed up with someone else....im sure i have made a few asinine statements on here, but that ain't one of them.....and by the way, since all the good folks of HC don't want to claim me, do you have a spare bedroom? I think we would get along fabulously!! P.S. i knew you were talking about Mario...I just wanted you to do your homework.....I'm sure he would be flattered that he has made the big time on Coach T!

I have a feeling that our word sparring has come to an end. I must be honest when I say that I have enjoyed it for the most part. Good Luck and I hope you all get to get on the field to celebrate victories with you team just not on the 17th!

I have a feeling that our word sparring has come to an end. I must be honest when I say that I have enjoyed it for the most part. Good Luck and I hope you all get to get on the field to celebrate victories with you team just not on the 17th!

you are a good dude ddaddy.....i honestly just enjoy being on here and stirring it up a bit....it is all in good fun and just gives me something to look forward to each evening! i would much rather debate high school football than mccain/obama.....looking forward to the 17th!!!! by the way, you can pick me out that night....i will be the one hollering and wearing black and red!!! good luck and GO DAWGS!!!!!