SECOND ROUND

patriot04

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, Farragut would wipe the floor with Whitehaven this year. Whitehaven had one good game against Melrose, but have looked shoddy against inferior opponents. For instance, they barely squeeked by Fairley and let White Station and Collierville hang with them. White Station and Collierville are both 2-3 right now. Meanwhile, Farragut is taking care of business like they are supposed to. They have blown out everyone they have faced thus far. So, yes, I think Farragut could put up 45 on your boys. Look, when basketball season starts you can talk all you want, but during football season let East and Middle Tennessee do the talking. Just let MUS carry the football banner this year for Memphis. They truly are the class of West Tennessee.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let's see here ... Farragut has beaten Knox West (3-4A; 2-3 on the year), Knox Central (3-4A; 2-3 on the year), Heratige (2-5A; 1-4 on the year), Bearden (1-5A; 2-4 on the year), and last but not least McMinn Co. (3-3A; 2-3 on the year).

You know nothing of West Tennessee football but what you hear through the grapevine and what you read on here or some other website. Records are deceiveing. Farragut has played lousy teams and has put up points against weak defenses. Your boys would be lucky to sniff 7 (if you can be outlandish, so can I) against Whitehaven. I could care less how many points they average against shoddy competition. MUS can carry the banner for MUS ... 8-5A is the toughest region in the state in football ... bar none!

45 points on Whitehaven!!!! ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... the fantasy life ... LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

I'm done with you!

Ok ppl its time for round number 2. I hope there are more ppl to post in this round than the first one. There are some interesting games in this round. Here you go.

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS

2.BA vs 3.Oakland

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro

Make your picks for who you would think will win. Not your favorite. Explain why you think each team will win.

MBA

Oakland

Franklin

MUS

Ensworth

Henry Co.

Farragut

Alcoa

Now here's some interesting picks: Oakland to beat BA, Ensworth to beat Maryville, but Alcoa to beat Hillsboro. Just a gut feeling on these picks?

Educated guess on Oakland/BA (saw the film from the summer scrimmage where Oakland won and I think Coach Mac can outcoach anyone in the state)

Ensworth/Maryville...well I guess partial DII bias lol and I think Ricky Bowers is one of the few coaches in the state that can come close to matching up with Quarles. And they've got alot of speed. And I've gotta have an upset pick lol.

I got to see Hillsboro on TV against Franklin and Stratford, and it just felt that they got by on pure talent rather than fundamentals/etc. And I haven't seen Alcoa this year, but I saw plenty of Rankin coached Riverdale teams and they were like a machine, and they almost broke Maryville's streak so.

Educated guess on Oakland/BA (saw the film from the summer scrimmage where Oakland won and I think Coach Mac can outcoach anyone in the state)

Ensworth/Maryville...well I guess partial DII bias lol and I think Ricky Bowers is one of the few coaches in the state that can come close to matching up with Quarles. And they've got alot of speed. And I've gotta have an upset pick lol.

I got to see Hillsboro on TV against Franklin and Stratford, and it just felt that they got by on pure talent rather than fundamentals/etc. And I haven't seen Alcoa this year, but I saw plenty of Rankin coached Riverdale teams and they were like a machine, and they almost broke Maryville's streak so.

I have also heard good things about Oakland this year. After watching HHS scrimmage BA though, I have a hard time believing anyone can run the ball over and over with much success against BA, which is supposedly what Oakland prefers to do.

Well, I saw HHS scrimmage Ensworth, so I think it would be a very hard fought game between Ensworth and Maryville, but I just don't see any reason to bet against George Quarles despite the fact that Ensworth would be much bigger on the line.

Yeah, HHS has good talent this year (not as much as we once had at the Burro though), but I can guarantee you that they aren't winning games on talent alone. They have a very good coaching staff at HHS this year....I would readily put it up against any others in the state of TN. The challenge is getting those superior athletes to play disciplined like you mentioned....you're right HHS didn't play very disciplined against Franklin (which is a big reason why they lost) and Stratford, but that is a longer and more frustrating process than some people might think. Imagine what it will be like at HHS when it finally happens though....Wow, scary thought when I consider the talent that HHS had from 2000-2003.

Yeah, HHS has good talent this year (not as much as we once had at the Burro though), but I can guarantee you that they aren't winning games on talent alone. They have a very good coaching staff at HHS this year....I would readily put it up against any others in the state of TN. The challenge is getting those superior athletes to play disciplined like you mentioned....you're right HHS didn't play very disciplined against Franklin (which is a big reason why they lost) and Stratford, but that is a longer and more frustrating process than some people might think. Imagine what it will be like at HHS when it finally happens though....Wow, scary thought when I consider the talent that HHS had from 2000-2003.

I completely agree. I know Blade is a good coach(won state championships in CA so). And I always though that HHS should have won more state titles than they have. Hopefully Blade will stick around and it'll pay off. It'd benefit Metro/Mid Tenn football a ton.

I completely agree. I know Blade is a good coach(won state championships in CA so). And I always though that HHS should have won more state titles than they have. Hopefully Blade will stick around and it'll pay off. It'd benefit Metro/Mid Tenn football a ton.

Well that team named Maryville and their top notch coaching staff have three 4A State Championships in their trophy case at the expense of Hillsboro and I'll be honest, if Morristown West hadn't upset them in OT in the 2003 semifinals they very well would probably have 4. I mean based strictly on talent HHS probably should have 4-5 State Championships, but unfortunately for HHS talent doesn't win football games when you aren't disciplined, unified and buy into what your coaches are telling you as well. Anyways, here's to the future and hoping that Blade and his staff are able to bring some State Championships to HHS and Metro-Nashville Public Schools! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

... some guy picked Farragut to beat Whitehaven ... and not only beat them ... but to put 45 points on them. All I could do is chuckle when I read it.

Absolutely, Farragut would wipe the floor with Whitehaven this year. Whitehaven had one good game against Melrose, but have looked shoddy against inferior opponents. For instance, they barely squeeked by Fairley and let White Station and Collierville hang with them. White Station and Collierville are both 2-3 right now. Meanwhile, Farragut is taking care of business like they are supposed to. They have blown out everyone they have faced thus far. So, yes, I think Farragut could put up 45 on your boys. Look, when basketball season starts you can talk all you want, but during football season let East and Middle Tennessee do the talking. Just let MUS carry the football banner this year for Memphis. They truly are the class of West Tennessee.

You're seriously not comparing Coffee County to Ravenwood are you?

You Sir Have No Clue... Farragut would be lucky to hit 21 on whitehaven... There D is stout. By the way im being generous by giving them 21 points.

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS MBA by 10

2.BA vs 3.Oakland BA, but not by much

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high Franklin by 10-14

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett MUS by 10

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth Maryville by 14

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah Henry Co. by 17

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven Whitehaven by 3 - Their D is stingy as it gets

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro Alcoa by 7