SECOND ROUND

patriot04

Interesing that people are picking to BA to win so handily over Oakland considering Oakland beat them in a scrimmage 20-0............. I know its a scrimmage but its more of a comparison than most of these theoretical matchups present.

Didn't Seymour beat Maryville in a scrimmage? Now, do you really think Seymour would beat them in a real game?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Seymour beat Maryville in a scrimmage? Now, do you really think Seymour would beat them in a real game?

As I said, I know a scrimmage is to be held with a grain of salt, but most of theoretical matchups, no one has any clue how these teams would matchup, whereas in the case you have actual proof. If Oakland was 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, etc., that would be one thing, but Oakland has proved that they are indeed legit.

Ok ppl its time for round number 2. I hope there are more ppl to post in this round than the first one. There are some interesting games in this round. Here you go.

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS

2.BA vs 3.Oakland

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro

Make your picks for who you would think will win. Not your favorite. Explain why you think each team will win.

Ok ... round two ...

CBHS ... I think its a wash between these two ... on any given Friday ... I'll go with the Purple Wave

Oakland ... I know little about either ... it could have gone either way

Franklin ... I know nothing about either ... I'm going with the Franklin hype

MUS ... I know nothing about DB ... I KNOW MUS is for real

Maryville

Henry County ... Henry County has the studs

Whitehaven ... One of the toughest teams out of THE TOUGHEST REGION ... Period! ... regardless of classification.

Hillsboro ... no brainer

Side note:

Patriot04, look man ... I know you bleed red and whatever colors Henry County wears ... but brother ... you can't take it personal if someone picks them to lose. I know this is a special group over at HC ... but ... thats what the folk at Hillsboro think about Hillsboro's team ... its the same thing for what the folk at Alcoa think about Alcoa's team. These are all good teams ... its an opinion. For instance ... some guy picked Farragut to beat Whitehaven ... and not only beat them ... but to put 45 points on them. All I could do is chuckle when I read it. I'm a Memphian giving my opinion on teams I know nothing about. Everybody participating in this is just like me in that regard ... so ... relax ... enjoy ... have fun ... besides ... this was all your idea anyway. Kick back, have a coke and a smile ... and have a chuckle at some of these FANTASY picks.

Side not #2:

I feel that no one has to explain WHY they selected Maryville ... you see that I didn't; I selected them and went on to the next ... as if I knew what I was talking about! ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS theyre just too good

2.BA vs 3.Oakland close call, but oakland is looking good this year

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high franklin should win friday

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett MUS in a close one

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth this one doesnt need an explanation

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah HC will rolls

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven close call, saw the bearden game and they looked good

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro hillsboro is as good as they wanna be

Ok ... round two ...

CBHS ... I think its a wash between these two ... on any given Friday ... I'll go with the Purple Wave

Oakland ... I know little about either ... it could have gone either way

Franklin ... I know nothing about either ... I'm going with the Franklin hype

MUS ... I know nothing about DB ... I KNOW MUS is for real

Maryville

Henry County ... Henry County has the studs

Whitehaven ... One of the toughest teams out of THE TOUGHEST REGION ... Period! ... regardless of classification.

Hillsboro ... no brainer

Side note:

Patriot04, look man ... I know you bleed red and whatever colors Henry County wears ... but brother ... you can't take it personal if someone picks them to lose. I know this is a special group over at HC ... but ... thats what the folk at Hillsboro think about Hillsboro's team ... its the same thing for what the folk at Alcoa think about Alcoa's team. These are all good teams ... its an opinion. For instance ... some guy picked Farragut to beat Whitehaven ... and not only beat them ... but to put 45 points on them. All I could do is chuckle when I read it. I'm a Memphian giving my opinion on teams I know nothing about. Everybody participating in this is just like me in that regard ... so ... relax ... enjoy ... have fun ... besides ... this was all your idea anyway. Kick back, have a coke and a smile ... and have a chuckle at some of these FANTASY picks.

Side not #2:

I feel that no one has to explain WHY they selected Maryville ... you see that I didn't; I selected them and went on to the next ... as if I knew what I was talking about! ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know kwc. We are really excited up here in henry county. We really think we can win it all this year. I hope you get to make it up for a game. Hopefully there will be another henry county-melrose classic.

As I said, I know a scrimmage is to be held with a grain of salt, but most of theoretical matchups, no one has any clue how these teams would matchup, whereas in the case you have actual proof. If Oakland was 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, etc., that would be one thing, but Oakland has proved that they are indeed legit.

Well, let me explain then. Oakland hasn't beaten anybody of significance yet. They did beat Riverdale, but they are not that good this year. Then they turn around and barely beat Coffee County 9-7. So, yes, BA would handle them easily.

Well, let me explain then. Oakland hasn't beaten anybody of significance yet. They did beat Riverdale, but they are not that good this year. Then they turn around and barely beat Coffee County 9-7. So, yes, BA would handle them easily.

Sounds like the same thing (Wilson Central, a very good team in their own right) siad 2 weeks ago, guess what, it wasnt pretty. This Oakland team is like the 2002 Ohio St team, there is nothing pretty or exciting about the way the play, but it wins ballgames. Oakland isnt playing MBA or Prattville, but their schedule is good enough. Im sure BA would have settled for a 9-7 win after their 22-21 loss to Ravenwood.

... some guy picked Farragut to beat Whitehaven ... and not only beat them ... but to put 45 points on them. All I could do is chuckle when I read it.

Absolutely, Farragut would wipe the floor with Whitehaven this year. Whitehaven had one good game against Melrose, but have looked shoddy against inferior opponents. For instance, they barely squeeked by Fairley and let White Station and Collierville hang with them. White Station and Collierville are both 2-3 right now. Meanwhile, Farragut is taking care of business like they are supposed to. They have blown out everyone they have faced thus far. So, yes, I think Farragut could put up 45 on your boys. Look, when basketball season starts you can talk all you want, but during football season let East and Middle Tennessee do the talking. Just let MUS carry the football banner this year for Memphis. They truly are the class of West Tennessee.

Sounds like the same thing (Wilson Central, a very good team in their own right) siad 2 weeks ago, guess what, it wasnt pretty. This Oakland team is like the 2002 Ohio St team, there is nothing pretty or exciting about the way the play, but it wins ballgames. Oakland isnt playing MBA or Prattville, but their schedule is good enough. Im sure BA would have settled for a 9-7 win after their 22-21 loss to Ravenwood.

You're seriously not comparing Coffee County to Ravenwood are you?

... some guy picked Farragut to beat Whitehaven ... and not only beat them ... but to put 45 points on them. All I could do is chuckle when I read it.

Absolutely, Farragut would wipe the floor with Whitehaven this year. Whitehaven had one good game against Melrose, but have looked shoddy against inferior opponents. For instance, they barely squeeked by Fairley and let White Station and Collierville hang with them. White Station and Collierville are both 2-3 right now. Meanwhile, Farragut is taking care of business like they are supposed to. They have blown out everyone they have faced thus far. So, yes, I think Farragut could put up 45 on your boys. Look, when basketball season starts you can talk all you want, but during football season let East and Middle Tennessee do the talking. Just let MUS carry the football banner this year for Memphis. They truly are the class of West Tennessee.

You're seriously not comparing Coffee County to Ravenwood are you?

Of course not. What I am saying is that im sure BA may be more entertaining/fun to watch, but im sure they would have taken a 9-7 win to a 22-21 loss

Of course not. What I am saying is that im sure BA may be more entertaining/fun to watch, but im sure they would have taken a 9-7 win to a 22-21 loss

I'm quite sure they would, too. The tougher competition that BA plays helps them when they play a team like Oakland, especially if that Oakland team hasn't played anyone. That is why I think BA would handle them, but, you're right, Oakland could definitely pull off an upset. That is why they play the games, isn't it? Of course, we won't actually know who would've won that game this year....

I'm quite sure they would, too. The tougher competition that BA plays helps them when they play a team like Oakland, especially if that Oakland team hasn't played anyone. That is why I think BA would handle them, but, you're right, Oakland could definitely pull off an upset. That is why they play the games, isn't it? Of course, we won't actually know who would've won that game this year....

Maybe we would have if BA wouldnt have benched everyone for the scrimmage. I still dispute the notion that Oakland hasnt played anyone.

1.MBA vs 4.CBHS MBA 21-3 That MBA D is solid

2.BA vs 3.Oakland BA 20-17 Oakland is good but Lincoln and Coffee arent exactly toughies

1.Franklin vs 4.Brentwood high Franklin 34-17 If healthy Franklin should finish the season with an unblemished record

2.MUS vs 3.Dobyns Bennett MUS 27-14 DB is always solid, but not spectacular...MUS is

1.Maryville vs 5.Ensworth Maryville 28-10 The Maryville coaches will have no problem figuring out a way to stop Ensworth

2.Henry Co. Vs 3.Ooltewah Henry County 17-7 3 best players in the state on the field at one time would be entertaining, but unfortunatly for ooltewah defense is only 1/3 of the equation, special teams and tos cost them this one

1.Farragut vs 4.Whitehaven Farragut27-24 ot Dont know much about whitehaven but farragut is the best team in knox co. doesnt say much this year though. the midstate will come away with the 5a crown

2.Alcoa vs 3.Hillsboro 41-35 alcoa Hillsboro is always a tough game, but tends to end up on the losing end in big games