Bledsoe County Football

SPLITBACK

I know this topic was started to ask why Bledsoe has never made it to the state and someone said we never had the talent to get there. I don't know if we have very many times or not, but the '83 team had that kind of talent. They lost in the round of 8 to Loudon and had a fumble with less than 2 min. to go inside the 6 going in. That was also the very first year Bledsoe played AA ball, they were A all years before that. If that team had stayed A, they would have walked through the state championsip and were literally 1 step away from going to the next round anyway. Just because we have not been there YET, does not mean we don't have the talent or that we won't in the future. Many things can have an impact on programs that I will not discuss, but to say that we basically are just not good enough, I don't think is true. But hey, that is just my opinion. And yes, I am prejudice toward the '83 team just like I am toward the '86 team (second best team ever at BCHS), and the '90 team (best 1-9 team in history). Can't help it, I bleed blue, always have and always will.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize that you do not have even close to the talent level it takes to compete for state championships. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it is true. I have a question for you, If I am a coach looking for my own program, why would I want to come to Bled. Co. when I could go somewhere where they don't trash the coaches on a daily basis???????? You are making it impossible to get someone from outside the program, because nobody wants to come in to this hornets nest. You are quite simply creating your own problem.

True....nice post.

Polecat

Playoff History for Bledsoe County

A Sweetwater L 15-0 Quarterfinal

A Meigs County L 10-9 Early Round

AA York Institute W 24-22 Early Round

AA Loudon L 14-7 Quarterfinal

AA York Institute W 20-0 Early Round

AA Chattanooga Central L 14-6 Early Round

AA Meigs County L 46-15 Early Round

AA Sequatchie County L 7-0 Early Round

AA Notre Dame W 20-14 Early Round

thanks SB....

AA Alcoa L 38-6 Early Round

AA Notre Dame L 34-0 Early Round

AA Smith County W 13-7 Early Round

AA David Lipscomb L 21-0 Early Round

AA Smith County L 35-12 Early Round

AA Smith County L 49-7 Early Round

AA DCA L 19-8 Early Round

thanks SB...

From what I can tell lack of unity, commitment,direction,hardwork. Please dont take this as bashing anyone ,it takes all of this from everyone in the county.In my opinion and my opinion only a football program is more than a coach and players. It takes parents and a community to make any program successful.

From what I can tell lack of unity, commitment,direction,hardwork. Please dont take this as bashing anyone ,it takes all of this from everyone in the county.In my opinion and my opinion only a football program is more than a coach and players. It takes parents and a community to make any program successful.

tell me something Warrior74.....were does all this start........?

AMEN!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think it needs to start at home with parents. I know we all like to think our children are good on the field but lets face it one kid is not going to win the ballgame.

so you think everything with our program is set and good to go....and all we need to do is get things straight at home...ok.....try this.....if you were hired as AD at the high school today...what would be the first things you would do to turn our program around?