CAK off week

HSfootball54

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the CAK Warriors are off this week. Who will benefit from the open week. I know Epperly had turf tough, several of the players were a little beaten up. Will this week get any big time playmakers back for the Warriors?

The week of rest should help a number of players continue to recover from injury. One of the receivers will not be back until after the Alcoa game. Hopefully the players will also come back more focused and mentally prepared to play hard and try to win the remaining games this year. It should help the coaches as well. This has been a tough season for the Warriors so far. While injuries have played a key role, IMO that is not the root of the teams inability to score points or to stop the opponent from scoring.

Football can be as complicated as you want it to be, or as simple. Basically it comes down to blocking, tackling, ball security, and minimizing mistakes and penalties. In my humble opinion, CAK has not done an adequate job in any of these areas this year to be as successful as most of us would like. However; getting some of the injured players healthy will certainly help.

Basically it comes down to blocking, tackling, ball security, and minimizing mistakes and penalties.

Maybe Coach B will take some of these things out of his "magic lockbox" before coming The F5 rolls into west Knoxville.

If he hasn't lost the keys.

I love Coach B! Although many in Alcoa don't care for his "gamesmanship"

What "gamemanship" are you speaking of?

The way he works officials, his cockiness with the media and not swapping game films.

I am all for the first two, it's part of the game. But, not swapping film is somthing that will always come back to get ya.

He gets all he can out of his kids and for that I will always like him.

The way he works officials, his cockiness with the media and not swapping game films.

I am all for the first two, it's part of the game. But, not swapping film is somthing that will always come back to get ya.

He gets all he can out of his kids and for that I will always like him.

Thanks for the explanation. I like to know how others perceive things. Hate to hear Coach B doesn't swap film, not sure why he wouldn't. Not real sure why you would want any film on us anyway? ha. Maybe to help secure another pizza party (OS posts). Now I'm thinking about opeing a pizza parlor in Alcoa. If we don't beat you in football at least I could get some of your money, ha. Happy to hear coach works the officials, we need any advantage we can get! I certainly have not seen any cockiness out of him, but I would love for our team to improve to the point that we could actually have a little of that, within reason of course. Coach B certainly does get all he can out of the players he has, we just need to get more!!

I envy (thats a sin I think) Alcoa's football success. My son had a nice invite to come join the Tornadoes but logistics were certainly a problem. Hopefully CAK will get to the point some day to aleviate Alcoa's bordom with the regional competition, but I'm afraid that may take awhile.

Wonder if this is the dad we saw walk up to coach after a game. His son had a CAK shirt on, but I don't think it was a CAK game. Getting old, memory's going....

We watched a dad & son walk up to coach (really seemed to go out of his way to talk to him). I can imagine coach telling him "we'd love to have him". Wish I had a dollar for everytime I can imagine he's said that to a parent!

I was wondering how we had an extra scholarship left over this year.

I believe Rankin is adding that scholarship to the fund dedicated to out-of-state players. Hopefully he will have such a surplus he can give Coach B a low interest loan to fund our recruiting efforts. Alcoa can just offer championships, we can offer immediate playing time, ha.

You Alcoa guys use some pretty cool graphics, but surely you can find a tornado instead of a hurricanel

Wonder if this is the dad we saw walk up to coach after a game. His son had a CAK shirt on, but I don't think it was a CAK game. Getting old, memory's going....

We watched a dad & son walk up to coach (really seemed to go out of his way to talk to him). I can imagine coach telling him "we'd love to have him". Wish I had a dollar for everytime I can imagine he's said that to a parent!

Nope, wasn't me. I do like to get to know other coaches and fans though. Thats one of the fun things about the summer football camps. Never met Coach R. The invite mentioned was casual and came from a "close booster" we met through D1 while training. You know the saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer".