District 6-A Basketball Predictions

taydizzle

I would probably agree with you on most of this, but time will tell. I heard that at tryouts yesterday CSAS had a couple of "surprises" with new guys trying out. They had a huge number at tryouts. What about other schools in 6-A and even 5-A. What were tryouts like? Has anyone heard anything?

what do you think about district 5? I think it goes something like this.

1. Temple: everybody back and the Andrews kid is healthy. Depth could be a problem.

2. Grace: I think probably better w/o Carter, but dont beat Temple.

3. Silverdale: Got good size and good rotation of players

4. Copper Basin: This is my surprise team this year. While they won't be close to the top three they have enough athletes and good coaching with David Brainerd coach moving over to beat the bottom two.

5. David Brainerd: Max Archey is the most consistant player they have. Couple that they have a new coach, their 3rd in 4 years, and they lost alot of talent when some players transferd. I think all that spells trouble.

6. 21st Century: one word, graduation. they literally have one player coming back, Jordan Stafford. While he is good he has no help.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think about district 5? I think it goes something like this.

1. Temple: everybody back and the Andrews kid is healthy. Depth could be a problem.

2. Grace: I think probably better w/o Carter, but dont beat Temple.

3. Silverdale: Got good size and good rotation of players

4. Copper Basin: This is my surprise team this year. While they won't be close to the top three they have enough athletes and good coaching with David Brainerd coach moving over to beat the bottom two.

5. David Brainerd: Max Archey is the most consistant player they have. Couple that they have a new coach, their 3rd in 4 years, and they lost alot of talent when some players transferd. I think all that spells trouble.

6. 21st Century: one word, graduation. they literally have one player coming back, Jordan Stafford. While he is good he has no help.

I agree that "depth" could be a serious issue for Temple....they are one injury away from being not that good. I have heard others say that Grace will be better without Carter but I don't buy that.....they will miss him especially when Shaunassy gets in foul trouble as he is prone to do. Silverdale.......what do the "recruits" look like? Will their coaches stay on the bench and within a mile of the coaching box this year? The rest I really don't know about or care about.

Tomorrow will mark a new era in CSAS basketball. They lost two 1,000 point scorers from last year's team (Dontay Hampton/UTC and Hasaan Cobb) as well as Brian Ball/Lee, Curtis Mc Koy, Michael Johnson, Luke Ziegler, and Warren Foster. They do however have some strong returning players in Terrell Townsend, Aaron Cousin, Tyler Johnson, and Nick Jackson. Take those four with a couple of juniors and a very talented sophomore and freshman class and this team will only get better and better every day!

A CSAS supporter told me that their middle school team the last two years was not good and not talented, so where did all the talent in the freshman and sophomore class come from? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

CSAS was very bad in middle school last year, and not one of those kids are playing this year. CSLA was very good and those kids went to CSAS, along with a few students who had been on the waiting list and there is your new additions. CSAS's sophomore class is very deep and talented, and their 8th grade year, they were pretty good finishing 3rd.

The Legend is right. The new additions come from an outstanding CSLA team last year (CSLA is the feeder school for CSAS) and from students who have been on the waiting list for years and just got in. Probably 75 percent of the team this year will be either 9th or 10th graders.....young but very talented. They will probably start slower than in years past but once they get going they will be tough!

1. CSAS

2. Signal MTN

3. Sale Creek

4.SP

5.RH

6.LV

7.Whitwell

Sale creek is at 3 because against SP they lost by 3 or so at SP and won by 10 at the creek.. Sale Creek only losing 2 starters, 1 being a point guard, and gaining a Howard transfer who will easily replace the PG loss.

Whitwell lost all starters and had no depth so i dont see them being a contender for anything. RH beating out LV for the 5 spot simply bc RH somehow finds a way to upset somebody somehow

1. CSAS

2. Signal MTN

3. Sale Creek

4.SP

5.RH

6.LV

7.Whitwell

Sale creek is at 3 because against SP they lost by 3 or so at SP and won by 10 at the creek.. Sale Creek only losing 2 starters, 1 being a point guard, and gaining a Howard transfer who will easily replace the PG loss.

Whitwell lost all starters and had no depth so i dont see them being a contender for anything. RH beating out LV for the 5 spot simply bc RH somehow finds a way to upset somebody somehow

What Howard transfer?

1. CSAS

2. Signal MTN

3. Sale Creek

4.SP

5.RH

6.LV

7.Whitwell

maybe not signal at number 2 i think sale creek could take that spot. they only lost those two starters but they also get there leading scorer and district 6-a player of the year back so they could be number two. I think Lv and Whitwell will change places tho

maybe not signal at number 2 i think sale creek could take that spot. they only lost those two starters but they also get there leading scorer and district 6-a player of the year back so they could be number two. I think Lv and Whitwell will change places tho

CSAS will win the district. SP athletiscism will allow them to compete with CSAS for the first half of games but the lack of discipline will let CSAS pull away in the end. No one in this district can stop Townsend from CSAS. He is bigger and stronger than everyone else in the district not to mention he has NBA shooting range. I like CSAS finishing 1st with everyone else in the district fighting to see who loses fastest in the region tourney.

CSAS will win the district. SP athletiscism will allow them to compete with CSAS for the first half of games but the lack of discipline will let CSAS pull away in the end. No one in this district can stop Townsend from CSAS. He is bigger and stronger than everyone else in the district not to mention he has NBA shooting range. I like CSAS finishing 1st with everyone else in the district fighting to see who loses fastest in the region tourney.

CSAS has a tradition of winning and confidence on its side as it heads in to this season. Four strong seniors will be counted on early with all the "baby patriots" maturing as the season progresses. A slower start is possible, but don't be fooled because there is a whole lot of talent on East Third Street!