District 4AA

QSouth89

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we be fined for comments made on CoachT regarding officiating?

Didn't want to mention that as an excuse....it is what it is and you learn pretty quickly how it's going to be. Nothing worse than having a player pick up his 5th personal foul on a technical sitting on the bench. When the coach asked what he said the reply was he didn't say anything, just didn't like the way he was looking at me. Or the second assistant picking up a technical for remaining seated and holding up both arms when a call was made without saying a word. I've heard of rabbit ears for officials, some just see better than they hear. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I also think the size of the gym and background are factors in shooting. Crowd not much of a factor. So Hmm...you pretty much nailed reason #1.

I could not agree more. I have never been to Stone, but have heard that everything there is one-sided. I don't understand how schools like that manage to get away with that stuff, but it obviously happens. Whenever those people come down out of the mountains and mingle with the civilized folks we always treat them nicely.

those officials were good! no joke.

everyone is sayin things about the "stone refs" but if i remember correctly stone played just as good on the road as at home last year?? so how is it got anything to do with the refs?? and also if i remember correctly stone had AC beat in that classic 4 ot game but they let white get away with stepping over the line and counted it as a three to send it to ot... so yes they are bad but were are they not bad?? and how can people say they are "one sided"

everyone is sayin things about the "stone refs" but if i remember correctly stone played just as good on the road as at home last year?? so how is it got anything to do with the refs?? and also if i remember correctly stone had AC beat in that classic 4 ot game but they let white get away with stepping over the line and counted it as a three to send it to ot... so yes they are bad but were are they not bad?? and how can people say they are "one sided"

See note from ScottA11....."Last year when Catholic went to Stone they called 3 techs on the bench and ejected the head coach for a player looking at a ref, a coach holding his arms up and another coach laughing".

Now that must have interesting.....wonder how many techs Stone had? Just seems in Knoxville and immediate surrounding area, officials are less inclined to get caught up in home crowd, who's playing etc. Get out in the hinterlands and it can sure get interesting for visiting teams especially those "big city schools"!!

I just think its funny that everyone says how much stone's fans whine and then turn around and do the same thing...everyone gets calls on there home court..thats just the way it is

I've never addressed whining. I never said they were biased towards Stone. They are just bad officials. The visiting teams get no breaks but then again bad calls are made against Stone also. I don't see a Knoxville bias when these teams are playing here but we also get the second tier officials. The better officials usually get the AAA games.

I've never addressed whining. I never said they were biased towards Stone. They are just bad officials. The visiting teams get no breaks but then again bad calls are made against Stone also. I don't see a Knoxville bias when these teams are playing here but we also get the second tier officials. The better officials usually get the AAA games.

I know u didnt Irish..but the majority of people do...the catholic game last year was bad more towards catholic than stone but that happens everywhere

I believe that AC will hold on and win the regular season. They have a good chance of winning the tourney also. Catholic has no chance and they should give up. The only threat that AC really has is Stone.

Spoken like a true blue AC fan. I'll tell Coach Hutchens and the Irish to forfeit Fridays game and pass on to the rest of the district not to bother showing up for the district tournament. We'll play one game next Friday between AC and Stone. How about AC and Stone play all of the region tournament games. They could probably play themselves.