Cheatham County Cubs Basketball

In just a little more than a month the Cheatham Co. Cubs Boys Basketball Team is going to run out onto the newly rennovated floor at Pat Head Summitt Gymnasium to play Goodpasture. It will be the first game for many and it will also be the first game of the "Chris Dawson Era" at CCCHS. In my opinion the excitement is at an all-time high. Usually when that word is used in the winter months it is for the Cheatham Co. Lady Cubs (who will be coached by Phil Carr & Jimmy Harden for the 20th season this winter).

The Cubs aren't going to be predicted to be great. They aren't NBA or even NCAA standouts by any means. What Coach Dawson & Coach Stuart are going to have them be is a bunch of hard working young men. Football players Garrett Potts, Zach Wilson, Levi Wilson, Zack Bush, Tanner Owen, Joe Rinehart, Tyler Adkisson, and Reece Hunter will join Drew Smart & Chad Martin on a team that has the makings of getting good by the end of the year.

I really do not know that the year will bring when March comes and goes. Harpeth is going to be a force again. Sycamore is going to be very good again. Creek Wood has an outstanding team that was one game away from the Boro last year. Waverly Central is going to be a gritty tough team that does things correctly. District 11-AA as a whole is VERY VERY tough. What I do know is that I can not wait to see how the Cubs fare against each one of these teams. There are some guys that are proven winners on the gridiron that I hope can bring that tough "winning edge" to the hardwood this winter.

In just a little more than a month the Cheatham Co. Cubs Boys Basketball Team is going to run out onto the newly rennovated floor at Pat Head Summitt Gymnasium to play Goodpasture. It will be the first game for many and it will also be the first game of the "Chris Dawson Era" at CCCHS. In my opinion the excitement is at an all-time high. Usually when that word is used in the winter months it is for the Cheatham Co. Lady Cubs (who will be coached by Phil Carr & Jimmy Harden for the 20th season this winter).

The Cubs aren't going to be predicted to be great. They aren't NBA or even NCAA standouts by any means. What Coach Dawson & Coach Stuart are going to have them be is a bunch of hard working young men. Football players Garrett Potts, Zach Wilson, Levi Wilson, Zack Bush, Tanner Owen, Joe Rinehart, Tyler Adkisson, and Reece Hunter will join Drew Smart & Chad Martin on a team that has the makings of getting good by the end of the year.

I really do not know that the year will bring when March comes and goes. Harpeth is going to be a force again. Sycamore is going to be very good again. Creek Wood has an outstanding team that was one game away from the Boro last year. Waverly Central is going to be a gritty tough team that does things correctly. District 11-AA as a whole is VERY VERY tough. What I do know is that I can not wait to see how the Cubs fare against each one of these teams. There are some guys that are proven winners on the gridiron that I hope can bring that tough "winning edge" to the hardwood this winter.

been a long time since anyone got excited over cubs basketball. is your new coach a former player? good luck to them and to young jamie wilson at harpeth.

1.) Harpeth

2.) Sycamore

3.) Creek Wood

4.) Waverly Central

5.) Fairview

6.) Cheatham Co.

7.) Stewart Co.

8.) Montgomery Central

THESE ARE NOT MY PICKS BUT I AM GUESSING THESE ARE HOW THE DISTRICT WILL BE PICKED PRIOR TO TIP OFF THIS YEAR /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />