10AAA Poll

MIDTN

10AAA  

19 members have voted

1. 1. 10AAA

I think Clarksville suprise this district and this region. Best team they have had in years. Northeast will come close but no one else looks strong to me.

I agree that Clarksville will be a strong contender this year as well. I think its a toss up with Northeast. They have some very good returning players that don't get as much recognition as the Williams girl. Kenwood will be up there as well. There won't be too many blowouts this year I know that for sure. Just really good Games to the end.

Northeast styill has the best player in the district. Does she have her head on? I doubt it!!! I think Clarksville can be the best team in the district. A lot tells how quick that the freshman grow up playing with the upper classmen. I know middle school basketball is a big adjustment to highschool. The girls play a lot of good competition in the summer with AAU but still it is going to be a big difference for the girls. I think in the next 4 years maybe a state title for the Wildcats. Good Luck to all teams this season. The season is coming upon us fast.

Based on some of the results I read about from the summer camps the freshmen from CHS were able to hold thier own. It was a suprise to alot of people that they beat Wilson Central. So I don't really think the transition from middle school to high school is going to be too big of an issue. I'm looking forward to this season.

Before CHS fans get too excited, shouldn't someone check and make sure every one is eligible? After what happened with the football team, and the number of players that are coming in from other feeder schools, the administration better be sure all these girls are eligible or else there could be trouble. Would hate to see a program on the verge of a quality season get into trouble because of something like eligibility.

Based on some of the results I read about from the summer camps the freshmen from CHS were able to hold thier own. It was a suprise to alot of people that they beat Wilson Central. So I don't really think the transition from middle school to high school is going to be too big of an issue. I'm looking forward to this season.

Is this Clarksville team all freshman? I have heard rumors they played AAU together but have not seen them play. I support the Cougars of Dickson my daughter plays there I am not sure how good they are going to be this year.

• 4 weeks later...

HOw are things shaking out now that practice has started.

My predicted order of finish.

1. Henry County

2. NE

3. Clarksville

4. Dickson

5. Kenwood

6. Rossview

7. Springfield

8. NW

Henry county has size and quickness this year unlike years past, they appear to be an opposite from past HC teams, I think they may surprise some folks. Look for Jasmine Porter, Diamond Hamilton, Katie Van Dyke, Missy Levine to be led by Amanda Belew, with Tianna Porter, Sarah Hefner, and Jessica Reardon providing depth for the Lady Patriots. I hear that there is a strong freshmen class that may have an impact. Newcomer of the Year may be Diamond Hamilton, or Tianna Porter.

HOw are things shaking out now that practice has started.

My predicted order of finish.

1. Henry County

2. NE

3. Clarksville

4. Dickson

5. Kenwood

6. Rossview

7. Springfield

8. NW

Henry county has size and quickness this year unlike years past, they appear to be an opposite from past HC teams, I think they may surprise some folks. Look for Jasmine Porter, Diamond Hamilton, Katie Van Dyke, Missy Levine to be led by Amanda Belew, with Tianna Porter, Sarah Hefner, and Jessica Reardon providing depth for the Lady Patriots. I hear that there is a strong freshmen class that may have an impact. Newcomer of the Year may be Diamond Hamilton, or Tianna Porter.

Hello Prophet,

Kind of strange posting on Basketball already. HCHS has gotten better each year from those dismal times a few years ago. 2006-2007 they made good strides and last year they got close to 20 wins. With most of that team returning they could be looking at 20-23 win season. I am sure other teams in District will have something to say to say about that. But we will see. Didn't they finish 10-4 in District last year?

Hello Prophet,

Kind of strange posting on Basketball already. HCHS has gotten better each year from those dismal times a few years ago. 2006-2007 they made good strides and last year they got close to 20 wins. With most of that team returning they could be looking at 20-23 win season. I am sure other teams in District will have something to say to say about that. But we will see. Didn't they finish 10-4 in District last year?

yeah well, i get bored real fast, I dont remember what I saw last week, much less last season. I do hope for a strong season this year.

What School does Bashaara Graves and Chandler Cooper attend?

My comments are that Miss Graves is the real deal, she will be a force to be dealt with. Don't know how much help she may have on her team, but she can be a one player wrecking crew. Of course she still has somethings to improve on........but she will be a difference maker....don't let the freshmen tag mislead you.