District 13AA

GCPioneer

I'm feel very sorry for you D-burg rumor starters. You people bring this crap up every year. Dyersburg is so jelious of Newbern's sports programs it is laughable. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I wish ya'll would get a good team and quit starting rumors about our basketball program. Coach McCord runs a top notch program, and is not going to do anything wrong. He has the utmost class and knows the rules. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just to set the record straight..... I speak on behalf of myself and many many other alumni and supporters of DHS athletics.... none of us are envious or as you so eloquently put it jealous (this is how it is acutally spelled) of DC.... or anything you have to offer in the form of athletics, academics, parent/teacher ratio, student ACT Testing performances or any other viable entity you have to offer. I never get on here even doing football season bragging about the Trojans...... I support them and love them but I know that the team nor it coach is a God...... I refuse to allow myself to become so consume by anything. There are far more important things in life then athletics so don't always assume that DHS is out to get YOU....... except for the 1% that post on here the rest of us wish you well and really don't care. I post on here from time to time and think very highly of several of your supporters (adsmom in particular) yes she does get a little rough at times BUT it is all in fun.

I come to some of your games other then the rivalry but please don't include a remark that "Dyersburs is so Jealous (again that is how I think it is spelled) of Newbern's sports programs it is laughable because 99.9% of Dyersburg fans wish you all the best of luck and as to how you got your players or whatever......I can say this some of the rumors are fact but that is your business I really could care less my concern is DHS sports. I hope that I did not lose any friends by this post but if I did then they were never friends to start with.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you're saying about going to any school but if that happened a school could really load up..Say for instance Humboldt has all those tall players and they needed a point guard and C.J. would be allowed to go there!

I was just told that there is supposedely someone from the T.S.S.A.A. at Dyer Co at this moment..Headr that 3 schools had filed a complaint that Cedric has been getting a ride from Halls to

Dyer Co for school or some of the games..May be checking that he has a legimate address in Newbern..I was told the schools were Ripley,Halls and Gibson Co..Could just be a rumour but heard this from a sister of one of the Dyer Co players!

Attention .... ADSMOM AND BEAVO5..........NOTICE the statement below per the words of User Mrbigster dated Feb 13, 2009........

QUOTE....I was told the schools were Ripley,Halls and Gibson Co..Could just be a rumour but heard this from a sister of one of the Dyer Co players!

The only time I hear DHS name mention is when some of you bring it up..... We don't care.... we are over it and for Cedric and his mother's sake I hope it is not true.... so maybe you can focus on the real source of your problems ........it is not us... we have more important things to deal with the DC Sports.

Attention .... ADSMOM AND BEAVO5..........NOTICE the statement below per the words of User Mrbigster dated Feb 13, 2009........

QUOTE....I was told the schools were Ripley,Halls and Gibson Co..Could just be a rumour but heard this from a sister of one of the Dyer Co players!

The only time I hear DHS name mention is when some of you bring it up..... We don't care.... we are over it and for Cedric and his mother's sake I hope it is not true.... so maybe you can focus on the real source of your problems ........it is not us... we have more important things to deal with the DC Sports.

Go back like a hundred pages and find the person that started talking about this!! You could make yourself look ludicrous!

US DYER COUNTY PEOPLE KNOW FANCY WORDS TOO I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT ONE OF THEM THERE DICTIONARIES HOW YOU SPELL THAT!

Go back like a hundred pages and find the person that started talking about this!! You could make yourself look ludicrous!

US DYER COUNTY PEOPLE KNOW FANCY WORDS TOO I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT ONE OF THEM THERE DICTIONARIES HOW YOU SPELL THAT!

beavo....I hate to bust your bubble but the rumors started flying as soon as people found out that Janes and Hudson were coming to play for the Choctaws back in the summer....Actually there was a rumor that Janes was going to go to Union City...He has family that lives in Union City and he is the brother (I think) of former Union City star Marcus Williams....There were rumors about Hudson even while he was in junior high....There were questions as to how the Choctaws (playing as the Suns,I believe) were getting to compete in the Mid-Summer Classic at Murray State during the month of July,which is clearly in the state's dead period....They were the only Tennessee squad there..The folks at MSU are actually having to move their event to June so Tennessee teams can come back and play in it...For that reason and the fact Kentucky, of all states, is implementing a dead period for July as well...There is a perception out there that believes DC has been, let's just say a little under the table, with some of their business....I have always looked at it like this...They had to go through the proper channels to get these kids on the team..They had to report to the T.$.$.A.A. to have them on their team....They have been in trouble before and would have to be very careful about how they handle their business...To some people it is hard to believe that a team could go from what 3 wins the year before McCord got their to 30 wins the next and a state tournament appearance without doing something under-handed...I'm sure they have been reported probably before the school year started..Halls and Gibson County being the alleged two teams doesn't surprise me at all and shouldn't surprise anyone else....I'd be willing to bet the five other schools in the district (13AA) have had their concerns as well and maybe one or even two or more have reported the Choctaws...It really doesn't have anything to do with their success either...It has to do with what is right and what is wrong....If they are cheating they need to be caught and dealt with...If they have done nothing wrong they need to be left alone.....Every team should be playing on a level playing field...It's hard enough to go out and compete and try to win with everything equal than to have top compete with programs that do it the wrong way....

For the record, I'm not accusing the Dyer County Choctaws of any wrong-doing...The post is just my personal opinion....I have always believed that you are innocent until proven guilty not the other way around....

Hey IAM4DHS.....I actually stood and talked to one of the D-burg posters last night at Target... for quite awhile. I have no problem with any of the kids from DHS and am in fact friends with quite a few fans from there. My digs...if you will were at a few extremely rude posters...and yes we have them too /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />.....that decide to post on this subject and this subject alone. Just found it odd that a few who haven't bothered to put alot of effort in encouraging their own team on the boards decide to jump in on the gossip and crucify DC's coach and program from the present time to even going back a few years. I only have an issue with around 1% on these boards. Didn't say D-burg caused this...what I said was 3 D-burg posters brought this issue up.....and best better believe if 3 DC posters brought this up about D-burg.....fingers would be flying across the keypads....don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise....people would fly out of the woodwork and probably jam up the boards trying to get a word in. Innocent until proven guilty. Congrats on the new fball coach at DHS by the way.

I'm feel very sorry for you D-burg rumor starters. You people bring this crap up every year. Dyersburg is so jelious of Newbern's sports programs it is laughable. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I wish ya'll would get a good team and quit starting rumors about our basketball program. Coach McCord runs a top notch program, and is not going to do anything wrong. He has the utmost class and knows the rules. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not jealous of Dyer County's basketball program . . . or anything else for that matter. Why would I be???????

DC has won 7 straight games IN ONE SPORT . . . and they still are losing the all-time series by 10.

DC has only defeated DHS in girls basketball 3 times . . . EVER! DHS has won 10 of last 11

DC has only defeated DHS in baseball 5 times . . . EVER!

DC has only defeated DHS in softball 2 times . . . EVER!

Since 2001, DC has won 2 football games against Dyersburg (close games)

I don't like making these posts that show comparisons, and I only do it when people post something like you did. Yankees, I'm sure you will have something to say about how I shouldn't down a school, but I fell that I have the right to defend my school when someone says that "Dyersburg is so jealous of Newbern's sports programs."

As for the "rumor" . . . THIS IS A SPORTS BOARD!!! Hellooo! what do you expect people to say on here???? You and codeyh make DC look bad, SaintKnute and Kojak make DHS look bad . . . ohh and GOOD LUCK in the district tournament!

Adsmom it was a pleasure meeting you last night at Target . . . We talked until the store's lights turned off . . . they nearly had to kick us out! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Adsmom it was a pleasure meeting you last night at Target . . . We talked until the store's lights turned off . . . they nearly had to kick us out! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You too Matt.....just got word about the DC situation and there was NOTHING TO IT.

Don't worry adsmom anytime the situation with Coach Hopkins comes up this guy posts the same story about how he approached Butch and told him to stay away from the DMS players. He should have told Brian Brown to stop playin' his son's over better kids and maybe D-burg would have had the good players stay there.

As usual, another redneck with his head in the sand up to his belt buckle. Did I say someething bad(but aabsolutely factual) about your DaDa---Buuuuwaaaah!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well, Well, Well......

I've said it all along. I didn't figure Gibson Co. would be the one to turn them in, but I guess when you get a future D1 player out of our feeder schools..... don't expect a happy coach on our end.

Can I ask a question? Is Coach McCord aware of what DC has already been through with these types of allegations? Does he know DC has already been punished for this? Was it all worth it now? Best of luck to DC on this one!!!

As for the "rumor" . . . THIS IS A SPORTS BOARD!!! Hellooo! what do you expect people to say on here???? You and codeyh make DC look bad, SaintKnute and Kojak make DHS look bad . . . ohh and GOOD LUCK in the district tournament!

I make DC look bad? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Oh brother, that's hilarious.

And honestly, anyone from Dyersburg calling someone else a redneck? uh, hello.. you all live in Dyer County.. having a wal-mart and a McDonald's doesn't make you rise above the masses.

Just to set the record straight..... I speak on behalf of myself and many many other alumni and supporters of DHS athletics.... none of us are envious or as you so eloquently put it jealous (this is how it is acutally spelled) of DC.... or anything you have to offer in the form of athletics, academics, parent/teacher ratio, student ACT Testing performances or any other viable entity you have to offer. I never get on here even doing football season bragging about the Trojans...... I support them and love them but I know that the team nor it coach is a God...... I refuse to allow myself to become so consume by anything. There are far more important things in life then athletics so don't always assume that DHS is out to get YOU....... except for the 1% that post on here the rest of us wish you well and really don't care. I post on here from time to time and think very highly of several of your supporters (adsmom in particular) yes she does get a little rough at times BUT it is all in fun.

I come to some of your games other then the rivalry but please don't include a remark that "Dyersburs is so Jealous (again that is how I think it is spelled) of Newbern's sports programs it is laughable because 99.9% of Dyersburg fans wish you all the best of luck and as to how you got your players or whatever......I can say this some of the rumors are fact but that is your business I really could care less my concern is DHS sports. I hope that I did not lose any friends by this post but if I did then they were never friends to start with.

Nor it coach....wow who are you to say anything about someone else.....spelling, grammer...??????

Announcements