Grundy County vs Sequoyah

dumdum

It will not die until everyone is willing to let it go. A post was made a few weeks ago that Mr. Williams and Mr. Lowry were to thank for the season. That was either before or after the Notre Dame game, can't remember when for sure. This was his shot back. It will continue to go back and forth until EVERYONE is willing to let it go. Its funny though, nothing was said (like this) about the aforementioned post.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, as I'm sure many others on here do. But the sad reality is that people like to hold grudges and some people like to keep fires burning so they poke at the embers every once in awhile.

Kind of changing subjects; these guys have really impressed and amazed me this year how they have come together and rebounded from this unfortunate incident and are putting together one fine season. #37 & #15 look like the leaders of the offense, but I have been impressed with the leadership and aggressive play of #57 on defense.

I also have been impressed with these young men. I think you have to look at these Seniors & Juniors and give them alot of credit. With all they have been through in having 3 different head coaches and then the complete let down in the unfortunate events of this Summer. Which might I add in both cases have been caused by what are suppose to be adults! These kids have rised up above all this junk and pushed their way through these muddied waters. These kids come out every Friday night and give there best even though the deck has been stacked against them. Some of these Seniors who have been put down around and about and on these threads continue to go out and give everything that they have got. Well I say I tip my hat to you guys. What a fine example you are for my kids and for this area. Alot of us adults around here could learn some much needed lessions from these young men! I would also like to thank Coach S. for his comment in Sundays paper about these Seniors and what kind of leaders they have been for this team.

As for the team I also agree the Offense is starting to come around. The coaches have done a real good job the last couple of games in their play calling. Coach S. stated in Sundays paper even though he would like to throw the ball, but when the horse is running stay with the horse. This offense gives these kids their best chance. Also since we are on certain kids. I think #21 & #44 have also been playing well. #21 pound for pound may be the hardest hitting player on this team. Watching him during games on both sides of the ball he is always flying around looking to lay a block or big hit on someone. Both these kids seem to give Max effort all the time. Also the Defense has steadly improved all season.

Go out Friday night and play hard Chiefs! Sequoyah 35 - 7

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have been impressed with these young men. I think you have to look at these Seniors & Juniors and give them alot of credit. With all they have been through in having 3 different head coaches and then the complete let down in the unfortunate events of this Summer. Which might I add in both cases have been caused by what are suppose to be adults! These kids have rised up above all this junk and pushed their way through these muddied waters. These kids come out every Friday night and give there best even though the deck has been stacked against them. Some of these Seniors who have been put down around and about and on these threads continue to go out and give everything that they have got. Well I say I tip my hat to you guys. What a fine example you are for my kids and for this area. Alot of us adults around here could learn some much needed lessions from these young men! I would also like to thank Coach S. for his comment in Sundays paper about these Seniors and what kind of leaders they have been for this team.

As for the team I also agree the Offense is starting to come around. The coaches have done a real good job the last couple of games in their play calling. Coach S. stated in Sundays paper even though he would like to throw the ball, but when the horse is running stay with the horse. This offense gives these kids their best chance. Also since we are on certain kids. I think #21 & #44 have also been playing well. #21 pound for pound may be the hardest hitting player on this team. Watching him during games on both sides of the ball he is always flying around looking to lay a block or big hit on someone. Both these kids seem to give Max effort all the time. Also the Defense has steadly improved all season.

Go out Friday night and play hard Chiefs! Sequoyah 35 - 7

Great post. I agree totally. Not saying you are accusing me of this, but, I wasn't purposely singleing out one or two players, in case some people may have took it that way. I agree with what you said about #21 and #44 and there are many more that contribute greatly to this team. Every week you could highlight a different kid on both sides of the ball.

Friday night I was on the sidelines helping with stats for the paper. Funny story from the game, I was standing next to Nick Carson when Sequoyah was on defense. Joe Fritts was playing safety. Tellico came to the line and Nick started hollering at Joe to move out of the middle of the field and towards Sequoyah's sideline. Joe moved over, almost lining him up directly behind the DE. I was thinking, "Nick sees something". Sure enough, Tellico passes, Joe moves maybe three steps, and intercepts the ball. I told Nick he needed to tell Joe that he owed him a coke for that. LOL! That just goes to show that these guys are using what they see on game films and recognize it on the field.

I think it is the way they match up. I think that Seq. strength is stopping the run. This is Polk strength. I think that it will be hard for Polk to score more that 2 TD's against Seq. I think Seq can eek it out. Just an opinion.

I would like to see us beat Polk as well, but that will be a very difficult task especially down there. However if this team continues to play strong and likes that winning feeling they could very well win out.

Listen folks,the past is over and done with. The only thing that matters is today and the rest of our days as they are granted to us. I will admit I was and have been as upset as anyone,and that has gotten me nowhere. I'm very proud of the boys and the way they have responded this season, I'm rooting just as hard as ever for them to win every game they play, and I already consider them to be very successful. They are the ones who matter. Enjoy the effort and pride they play the game with (and skill) and let the rest go. If I have been the cause of anyone being offended, I publicly apologize right now and humbly ask your forgiveness. I miss my son playing,but my boys are still there,I love them every one and to them I say......GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Can anyone tell us what to watch for from Grundy, type offense/defense, key players? I understand that this is a rebuilding year and they may not have all the tallent they should have out on the field. But at the same time would like to say that the Grundy players should be proud for everything they have and can accomplish this season, just putting the pads back on and taking that first step onto the field in honor of their coach. Good Luck the rest of the season and GO CHIEFS!

TEAM

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

team ??“noun 1. a number of persons forming one of the sides in a game or contest: example: a football team.

just wanted to make sure everyone knows what a team is. the definition does not say a single person but a group of persons.

without every member on this team from headcoach to waterboy we would not have a team. They all work together everyday to get better

Excellent post. It would do us all some good from time to time to remember this. Good luck Friday Chiefs.

Can anyone tell us what to watch for from Grundy, type offense/defense, key players? I understand that this is a rebuilding year and they may not have all the tallent they should have out on the field. But at the same time would like to say that the Grundy players should be proud for everything they have and can accomplish this season, just putting the pads back on and taking that first step onto the field in honor of their coach. Good Luck the rest of the season and GO CHIEFS!

they run the veer and a fifty front so I am told

Hey Nick, Congrats on the interception for a TD in Saturday's win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DL.

ha, Thanks!!

This Friday night the boys put it all together, great all around game at Seqouyah, I see them slapping it on like the Mountain boys they are and smacking some kids in the mouth.....

Get those Nolan boys the ball, Everyone of them is tough as nails they should set the pace for em this weekend, hold on to that football... great game from the guys upfront, Mansfield, Graham you boys need to get those guys in gear!!!!!!

Grundy in the upset 16-15