Upperman @ DeKalb

volsrule #1

DC is really impressive this year, exp. the QB. 91-165 doesn't look too good but his yds per completion is 17.6 and his yds per attempt is 9.7. I'd say Upperman is going to run a fire zone package and Poteete won't throw as much but will kill them on the ground. I don't think DC will score too much since they'll be running more and the clock will keep running. The prediction...DC 42 UHS 6 (2 field goals) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC is really impressive this year, exp. the QB. 91-165 doesn't look too good but his yds per completion is 17.6 and his yds per attempt is 9.7. I'd say Upperman is going to run a fire zone package and Poteete won't throw as much but will kill them on the ground. I don't think DC will score too much since they'll be running more and the clock will keep running. The prediction...DC 42 UHS 6 (2 field goals) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What is a fire zone? like a cover 4?

Dekalb will roll.

It's good to see these kids have success.

My stepsons played Jr. High and Jr. Pro with most of the kids on DC's team.

I knew they were good if they'd just get the coaching.

For what it's worth, Trapp also coached some of these kids in Jr. Pro.

Who knows?

They probably got it off of Madden.

A fire zone is a zone secondary coverage with a lineman dropping to cover a short pass and the LB takes his place in a blitz. It confuses linemen and the idea is the LB comes through untouched. And you call yourselves football fans /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dekalb County rolls big in this one Ty Feilds wishes he was Hunter Poteet at night. He dreams one day of being able to throw a ball as good he does. Any of the Dekalb recievers are better than J.T. Burgess because they actually have some speed. I hope this is a good game because I will probably go watch it, but the closest it will be is when they kick off. Good luck Dekalb you guys deserve some respect. Dekalb gets two picks and has at least 4 sacks in the game. The U's o-line is horrible. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey youthpastor,

things have changed since you left your attempt to coach at upperman. foster is no longer the d coordinator much less on staff. their defense is very simple and basic. no more madden playbook. for real you guys it used to be plays out of madden '05 playbook.

HAHAAHA

Bees win after being embarrassed last year.

38-35, a two point conversion or two cause upperman's kicker is horrible.

Ty and company good luck. GO BEES>>!

I haven't seen DC play but if they can defend a pass....they will win. Upperman does not run the ball very well. I really don't understand that either. Upperman usually has kids that are good size and look very athletic. But I have never seen them run the ball to amount to anything. I also noticed that Upperman's D line dives at the offenses line feet, a lot. The offense line steps back, put a hand on their head then go block the linebackers........ The last 2-3 years I thought that Upperman would be a very dangerous team in 4-2A....but........

Well your right about every thing except maybe they upperman cant run because they have been running alot of trap's and counters with Fields that have been pretty sucessful

and idk what nunnford is thinking??? upperman is only averaging 26 points a game and thats playing jackon Co, Bledso Co. and Montery so i think Dekalb wins BIG!

Hey youthpastor,

things have changed since you left your attempt to coach at upperman. foster is no longer the d coordinator much less on staff. their defense is very simple and basic. no more madden playbook. for real you guys it used to be plays out of madden '05 playbook.

HAHAAHA

Bees win after being embarrassed last year.

38-35, a two point conversion or two cause upperman's kicker is horrible.

Ty and company good luck. GO BEES>>!

If they are going to try to play straight up D against DC it's going to be a loooong night. After Upperman I went to DC. I was there at UHS a couple years ago and they were supposed to and should have been amazing this year (4 yr qb, 4 yr wr, a rb running a 4.4 40, etc), but they haven't gotten anywhere. The reason they ran Madden plays last year was because the sorry 5-3 defense (that Foster was forced to run) wasn't working at all and Foster had to come up with something, anything, and it cost him. DC is now where UHS should have been last year. Good kids at UHS but bad decisions by the staff. They could be dominating, but look at the record. I'd stay with my prediction of 42-6 unless the Bees run a straight basic defense, then I'd give DC a 56-6 adv. could be ugly and mercy rule might come in to play like it did against Cannon.