DISTRICT 1 AAA 2008-2009

TommyMan37604

Here we go back to the middle school ranks. Who won? The game, not the fight. (How 'bout CH? After this summer who would have predicted early wins over Vance and Robinson? Coach must be good.)

SHHS 8 won the game by 16 or 18. The Col. Heights coach is very good, i have heard ytalk about her takn over the South Ladies. SHHS plays at Col. Heights tonite.

OT game with TN High and South proves either that TN High is not that good or South is not that bad. Or maybe the TN High coach plays too many girls. I'm afraid as others have posted that 1AAA is a little down and not that much better than 1AA if at all.

I think u hit all points there, South will be better than people thought and Tn High will be ok as season goes, gettn lots of kids playn time.

Will the real Central team please stand up. And since you are lurking WKK, what's up with SH? No one to replace Jasmine?

Central was suppose to be good, and yes SH misses Jasmine, Playn a lot of new girls, will be better after Christmas than right now.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go back to the middle school ranks. Who won? The game, not the fight. (How 'bout CH? After this summer who would have predicted early wins over Vance and Robinson? Coach must be good.)

OT game with TN High and South proves either that TN High is not that good or South is not that bad. Or maybe the TN High coach plays too many girls. I'm afraid as others have posted that 1AAA is a little down and not that much better than 1AA if at all.

Will the real Central team please stand up. And since you are lurking WKK, what's up with SH? No one to replace Jasmine?

I must be lost, I thought this was the volleyball forum. Not! I just had to respond to sshsvbdad09. I have always believed that the coach from CH was good. I think that South would benefit from her coaching. Any coach worth their salt would encourage each girl to become a team player instead of totally depending on a select few. I know that there will always be some players that are better than others, but it takes a 5 girls on the floor to make a team. A great coach is one who can take a group of girls with some talent and make them a winning team (example, Barbara Campbell, Brentwood). I do not think this has been the case at South. You do not keep saying that we can not replace so and so and expect the others to have much confidence. I have never liked a one or two girl team at the benefit of the rest of the team. South has some good players, they just need to be reminded of that (go get them GC and AJ). South also has some talented young players coming up the rank and we should be looking forward to some great teams in the years to come.

Tickled to death to see the Boone girls pulled off the win at South. The ladies from Gray gutted out a win over a Lady Rebel team that just took Tennessee High to the buzzer. Heard from many sources that those girls have been working extra hard, and I'm glad it paid off for them last night. They have had to step up a little earlier than expected, and looks to me like they are giving it everything they've got!

Congratulations girls! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bunch of good games over the weekend. Friday on the hill was bad, but I caught the Greenville and DB game. That was a good contest. Thought Greenville had some girls really step up. Looks like the IMAC is dominate this year. Has any Bug 9 beat an IMAC this year other than SHHS winning at the buzzer? With Boone beating South this miight open up the conference race. Still think DB is the team to beat but looks like THS might be second followed by Central South Boone then maybe SHHS. Man what is going on?

D-B is definitely the team to beat.

Tennessee High is most likely 2nd. They are still dangerous, but not as dangerous as they were last year.

Central is probably next, though a cold shooting night can hurt them occasionally.

Science Hill seems to be a team without focus right now. If anyone doubted the contribution of Jasmine Foster to their success last year, take notice of how they are faring now, without a solid force under the basket.

Not sure yet how good East or Boone can be. Either one could gel into a factor before it's over.

South will do fine, but they are easier to play without the two stars to focus on. Campbell is good, but easier to double-team.

Gonna get good in the next week or so..................................

Yea, I would agree about the focus thing. I also agree that they are really missing Foster inside. Do they not have any kids on the JV team that can step in? I have not seen their JV just the varsity. Seems like things just are not going their way this year. Hope they can turn it around. Where is the Sheffey girl from for Boone? She is really making a difference. Was Boone counting on her? DB and Central tonight. Should be a good one. Cant wait to watch!

Apparently, I was over estimating South and Crockett, as they both fell again last night. Looks like Central gave D-B a decent game, and the TN High win over Boone was expected, although they did it without Montgomery scoring a point, as she went down to injury in the 1st period. Hit her head and possibly hurt her shoulder. They can ill afford to lose her.

Good wins for East and Volunteer.

Apparently, I was over estimating South and Crockett, as they both fell again last night. Looks like Central gave D-B a decent game, and the TN High win over Boone was expected, although they did it without Montgomery scoring a point, as she went down to injury in the 1st period. Hit her head and possibly hurt her shoulder. They can ill afford to lose her.

Good wins for East and Volunteer.

I think you have Crockett and Volunteer transposed. Crockett won. I had high hopes for Volunteer but they have only beaten North. This should have been one of their best years with 3 - 4 seniors and a junior that has been on varisty for three years on floor at any given time. If you know basketball and watch games objectively I am afraid we are in for more of the same for a long time.

I think you have Crockett and Volunteer transposed. Crockett won. I had high hopes for Volunteer but they have only beaten North. This should have been one of their best years with 3 - 4 seniors and a junior that has been on varisty for three years on floor at any given time. If you know basketball and watch games objectively I am afraid we are in for more of the same for a long time.

Unfortunately, turning around programs take a little time. Give Coach Myers a little time to get his system in and things will come around...the season is still young.

WOW, good games last night. Can not believe South lost but it has been a crazy year so far. Should be a good game Friday night with South and SHHS. The Hill looked like a different team last night. The Hill girl played very well last night. I also thought some of those new kids played well. Looks like things are on the up swing for now. Maybe everyone can beat each other every night. Might have some teams battling for spots 3,4,5 with like 4 or 5 teams eyeing them.