Notre Dame vs CCS

chasanooga

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame traveled to CCS for the district matchup between the top two teams from district 6. Notre Dame came out and controlled the pace of play for the vast majority of the first half. ND was keeping the ball down on CCS's end but was unable to capitalize on their opportunities. Leah Wilson was up to the task on all shots that came her way. With a minute to go in the half ND got a ball in close in the box and Hope Mongiello headed a nice ball over to Christinia Pagnani who did a nice job of sending the ball into the net. They go into half with ND up 1-0. In the second half CCS made a couple of mini runs on the Irish defense only to lose possesion as they got in closer to the goal. CCS was certainly playing a defensive minded game as they had by my count up to 8 players back on defense at times. This made it difficult for the Irish forwards to weave their way through CCS's defense. With 21 minutes left in the game Carey Leiper sent a beautiful cross over to Kris Cambron who settled the ball and drilled a shot (from the 20) so hard that when it went into the net it caught the support post and bounced back out in the field (some folks were not sure if it went in our not). Anyway beautiful shot and ND goes up 2-0. ND had many more runs and shots on goal but Leah did a nice job of keeping the Irish at bay. ND's defense and mid field did a very nice job of limiting CCS's runs at goal. They were pretty much looking to counter atttack when they could and were limited to just a few serious runs.This game was not as close as the score might indicate but there was never any quit in the CCS team. They contested every ball and played with great enthusiasm but ND controlled the pace of play for the entire evening. It would not surprise me if we see CCS again come tourney time.

40 shots to 5? Surprised the score was not more than 2-0. Closer game than I thought.....just like Baylor's score over GPS was close. Rivalry games are like that no doubt.

I would guess that ND controlled the ball 80/20 or higher. As far as shots go, I would guess that ND outshot CCS 40-5 or so.

The 40 is generous. The 5 is extremely generous.

The 5 were counting your shots at halftime, maybe? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (weren't you predicting something about scoring some goals during halftime break?!) I'll bet you shot and missed... (hair probably got in the way!)

CCS has come a long way this season. That is a respectable score against a quality opponent.

The 5 were counting your shots at halftime, maybe? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> (weren't you predicting something about scoring some goals during halftime break?!) I'll bet you shot and missed... (hair probably got in the way!)

CCS has come a long way this season. That is a respectable score against a quality opponent.

I had 3 goals thanks. And my hair was back, not even close to in my way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />