Harpeth at East Hickman

eaglepride

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richland did play Lewis Co. to a 21-0 game. They are 3-3 on the year. I'll say this:

Playoff Teams

1.) Lewis Co.

2.) Hickman Co.

3.) Fairview

4.) Richland "wild card"

I think the 4 seed out of this region is going to be a hard sell for a playoff spot. I don't see more than 3 making it out. Hope I'm wrong though.

Hey Catfish, will you show Harpeth some love if I make you a Cheatham County Champions sign to hang on your pressbox? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think the 4 seed out of this region is going to be a hard sell for a playoff spot. I don't see more than 3 making it out. Hope I'm wrong though.

Hey Catfish, will you show Harpeth some love if I make you a Cheatham County Champions sign to hang on your pressbox? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nah because you and I both know that we should be playing one another PERIOD!!! That game belongs on the schedule end of story.

All Richland has to do is beat Harpeth & Loretto and they will be at 5-5 and that will land them a "wild card" spot in all likelihood.

Harpeth could get one too. They have to beat East Hickman & Richland certainly. They'd also have to beat Fairview (which is this happened they would be #3) or Sycamore (which hasn't been done since 2000). Their climb is much more challenging that Richland's do you not agree?????

Richland's 3 wins are against teams with 1, 0 and 1 wins. Loretto and Montgomery Central were the victims. So Richland beat a team that beat Montgomery Central 9-6 or another team that beat Loretto? I agree that the same could be said for Harpeth's wins, but I don't think Richland will wind up 5-5.

Right now the bottom half of this region Harpeth, Richland, East Hickman and Loretto have 5 wins between them after 6 games. Those 5 wins are against teams that have a combined 4 wins. Not the kind of power rating that is going to get you in the wild card spot and conversely, Hickman County and Lewis County will go into the playoff untested for the most part.

Don't forget that the 7-6 Hickman Co. vs Fairview, the 21-0 Lewis County vs Richland and the 35-14 Harpeth vs Loretto games were in the mud on Sept 5. You have to be careful comparing scores when the conditions are so different. Lewis County scores more than 21 on a dry track.

Here's the PF-PA stats for the region:

Lewis County PF-32.00 ppg, PA- 9.33 ppg

Hickman County PF- 27.83 ppg, PA- 14.00 ppg

Fairview PF- 21.14 ppg, PA- 19.14 ppg (played LC and HC)

Harpeth PF- 17.33 ppg, PA- 23.17 ppg (played LC and HC)

Richland PF- 6.5 ppg, PA- 11.83 ppg (played LC)

East Hickman PF- 12.3 ppg, PA- 39.17 ppg

Loretto PF- 7.0 ppg, PA- 34.83 ppg (played HC)

Fairview played East Hickman last week. East Hickman showed a lot of heart. It is very hard to get a program up and running. Harpeth should come out on top, but East Hickman earned my respect. Good luck to both teams.

I hope the Eagles get their first win this Friday, but win or lose, one thing for certain is that Coach Jones and his program will show more class than their middle school. I try to pull for the Eagles as long as they're not playing HC, but after watching EHMS run the score up on HCMS with less than two minutes to go and a 43-14 lead, it's becoming harder to do. Running a trick play and throwing a long touchdown pass late in the game when all you have to do is take a knee makes your whole program look back, not just your school. Kudos to Coach Jones, regardless of record, for showing his players how to play the game with class. And shame on you Coach Harris for ruining a stellar performance by your team by resorting to a bush league play like that to end the game.

Richland's 3 wins are against teams with 1, 0 and 1 wins. Loretto and Montgomery Central were the victims. So Richland beat a team that beat Montgomery Central 9-6 or another team that beat Loretto? I agree that the same could be said for Harpeth's wins, but I don't think Richland will wind up 5-5.

Right now the bottom half of this region Harpeth, Richland, East Hickman and Loretto have 5 wins between them after 6 games. Those 5 wins are against teams that have a combined 4 wins. Not the kind of power rating that is going to get you in the wild card spot and conversely, Hickman County and Lewis County will go into the playoff untested for the most part.

Don't forget that the 7-6 Hickman Co. vs Fairview, the 21-0 Lewis County vs Richland and the 35-14 Harpeth vs Loretto games were in the mud on Sept 5. You have to be careful comparing scores when the conditions are so different. Lewis County scores more than 21 on a dry track.

Here's the PF-PA stats for the region:

Lewis County PF-32.00 ppg, PA- 9.33 ppg

Hickman County PF- 27.83 ppg, PA- 14.00 ppg

Fairview PF- 21.14 ppg, PA- 19.14 ppg (played LC and HC)

Harpeth PF- 17.33 ppg, PA- 23.17 ppg (played LC and HC)

Richland PF- 6.5 ppg, PA- 11.83 ppg (played LC)

East Hickman PF- 12.3 ppg, PA- 39.17 ppg

Loretto PF- 7.0 ppg, PA- 34.83 ppg (played HC)

I know I have been quiet, but I can't let this one go. I have to make a prediction. We have all seen the #'s East is putting up (39.17 ppg). That is a joke!!! The TRIBE will put up 40 easy against that group. They have no answer for our play makers. Lewis Co. put it on us, but they are going to put it on everyone. This is a game we got in the bag. The East game opens up a 4 game run to the playoffs boys. Down goes East, next up is richland. GO TRIBE!!!!!

It may have rained hard when Lewis Co. put up 21 on Richland however they would have easily put 21 on Harpeth in that same kind of weather. The numbers from the stat line in last Saturday's Tennessean do not lie at all.

I didn't insinuate otherwise and it didn't rain last Friday night by the way, just pointing out that Lewis County and Hickman County both had low scoring nights in the rain. A dry track is worth something Catfish. I'll give Richland's defense their due, but I wonder what kind of passing attack they've seen. Harpeth scored 35 in the rain. Wonder what they might have done against Loretto in the dry? I noticed Cheatham had 12. Think they'd have had better luck on a dry track? At 6.5 ppg on offense, Richland is going to have to pitch a lot of shutouts. That's all I'm saying.

I didn't insinuate otherwise and it didn't rain last Friday night by the way, just pointing out that Lewis County and Hickman County both had low scoring nights in the rain. A dry track is worth something Catfish. I'll give Richland's defense their due, but I wonder what kind of passing attack they've seen. Harpeth scored 35 in the rain. Wonder what they might have done against Loretto in the dry? I noticed Cheatham had 12. Think they'd have had better luck on a dry track? At 6.5 ppg on offense, Richland is going to have to pitch a lot of shutouts. That's all I'm saying.

I get and respect your points. I have always had nothing but respect for you and your views.

Cheatham Co. has scored 12, 15, 7, 10, and last week they scored 21 in the first half (then did not score in the second half) against Marshall Co. I am a huge Cubs fan but right now this version of Cheatham Co. is not comparable to the other offensive teams in the past.

I wish we could play Harpeth. It would be a great thing for the county /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope the Eagles get their first win this Friday, but win or lose, one thing for certain is that Coach Jones and his program will show more class than their middle school. I try to pull for the Eagles as long as they're not playing HC, but after watching EHMS run the score up on HCMS with less than two minutes to go and a 43-14 lead, it's becoming harder to do. Running a trick play and throwing a long touchdown pass late in the game when all you have to do is take a knee makes your whole program look back, not just your school. Kudos to Coach Jones, regardless of record, for showing his players how to play the game with class. And shame on you Coach Harris for ruining a stellar performance by your team by resorting to a bush league play like that to end the game.

Hickmans Middle School coach caused that pounding, I heard his smack talk from his players as well as the coach when they started 2-0 and East started 0-2 , the JV scored that last trick touchdown, dont get your feelings hurt cause they scored, is the JV not supposed to score? I hate East as much as you guys do ,and we will pound them as bad as we can Saturday. But it is obvious what has been predicted 2 years ago, is coming true. Hickman will be in East's and Loretto's shoes next year with the High School and the Middle School has already went down, The high school coach is a good coach, but they just dont have any upcoming atheletes, The middle school coach is a previous alumni who dont have a clue. Enjoy this last year while it last.

Hickmans Middle School coach caused that pounding, I heard his smack talk from his players as well as the coach when they started 2-0 and East started 0-2 , the JV scored that last trick touchdown, dont get your feelings hurt cause they scored, is the JV not supposed to score? I hate East as much as you guys do ,and we will pound them as bad as we can Saturday. But it is obvious what has been predicted 2 years ago, is coming true. Hickman will be in East's and Loretto's shoes next year with the High School and the Middle School has already went down, The high school coach is a good coach, but they just dont have any upcoming atheletes, The middle school coach is a previous alumni who dont have a clue. Enjoy this last year while it last.

Wrong, it was still the varsity in the game for the last TD. I know all of those kids. And if the players were smack talking, well, they are middle school kids. I would hope the coaching staff is more mature than to resort to those kind of tactics. Play hard and beat them on the scoreboard, but don't resort to cheap play to tarnish a good performance by your team. And don't assume for a minute that middle school success always translates to high school success. Too many variables. Kids quitting, kids failing, kids getting jobs, etc. It will all have to play out before we really know how Hickman and East will be after this year.