GPS vs Baylor

ndsoccer88

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor girls will not and should not need the motivation of a football game anymore than the GPS girls would be motivated by the fact that the McCallie boys soccer team lost the region again to the Baylor boy's soccer team. It's Baylor vs GPS and that is motivation for both teams alone.

Baylor 2

GPS 0

As GPS is the 'sister' school to McCallie, will the results of the football game last friday (McCallie 24 - Baylor 3) provide any additional motivation to the Baylor squad?

In any case: Baylor 4 - GPS 0

I agree chattasoccer. These teams never need "additional" motivation for this game. See you at the game.

Baylor girls will not and should not need the motivation of a football game anymore than the GPS girls would be motivated by the fact that the McCallie boys soccer team lost the region again to the Baylor boy's soccer team. It's Baylor vs GPS and that is motivation for both teams alone.

Baylor 2

GPS 0

I don't know who she is , but she is awesome! Which club team does she play for?

Her name is Simone Busby and she is a Freshman. I have been told that basketball is her primary sport so my guess is she does not play club ball. Certainly she a tremendous future as a keeper if she chooses to pursue soccer as her main sport.

Final

Baylor 1 - GPS 0

Congratulations to both teams. GPS, you must have played Baylor tough. You showed well tonight. Baylor, it's tough to come out every time likely to face your opponent's best game and still consistently come away with wins. GPS is no pushover, for sure, and you ended up on the winning end of the score again.

I agree. Like most posters said on this thread....you expect a close game when it is your biggest rivarly game. Not surprised at the score at all. But it really did not matter if it was 1-0 or 4-0....it is a great win for Baylor over their main rival. Again, Baylor got it done against a quality opponent. Congratulations to GPS also.....great effort and game.

Congratulations to both teams. GPS, you must have played Baylor tough. You showed well tonight. Baylor, it's tough to come out every time likely to face your opponent's best game and still consistently come away with wins. GPS is no pushover, for sure, and you ended up on the winning end of the score again.

Baylor dominated play and had alot of shots...but the GPS keeper did a great job in the first half....whole game for that fact. Some shots we just missed on our on. But in this big of a game for both teams...both played their hearts out. The lone goal was an unassisted goal by Baylor freshman McKenzie Stokes. Had alot of other opportunities but sometimes they just don't go in....and their goalie did a great job. It was not Baylor's best game but the goal was all that was needed and put's them in the driver's seat for home field advantage.

details? Big Red?

Very good write up on chattanoogan.com about the game. Very good game between two classy teams. We are proud of the 1-0 score as it could have been worse. Our defense did a great job as Baylor keep the pressure on with alot of shots. I understand the young lady that scored is a freshman and our goalie is a freshman....so that could they will be players for the future of this rivarly. Exciting game as always between these two rivals.