Covington @ Haywood

SWO

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood will roll in this one and pick up a big homecoming win. On the other hand i took a look at the state polls and im askin myself the question..Why do the tomcats not get any respect? Dyersburg is number 10 - We beat them, Crockett County received twelve votes - We KILLED them. Yes haywood has lost two games but to two teams in larger classes that NO ONE in 7 3A could beat. I hope the coaches use this just to fire the team up even more. It may get ugly on friday night for the chargers.

Haywood is back on top of region 7 3A. and i dont see them losing it.

Haywood 28

covington 10

btw, i looked at rankings today and couldnt believe that Dyersburg and Crockett County were above Haywood. the Tomcats beat both of those teams and are undefeated in 3A action. whaaaa..taaa... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

the AP poll is a joke.

Haywood has had two big wins over Dyersburg & CC however it's homecoming. A coach's night mare. Although Covington is down from years past, their still no homecoming team. Covington is slowly but surely getting better. Look for the Chargers to keep this one close with an opportunity to win it late.

Seems like everybody "missed the spread" a bit on this one ! Does anyone have details ? I followed it on the scoreboard only as there was no webcast (radio or other wise). /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Haywood won in DOUBLE OVERTIME....42-35 I believe......Can't take ANYBODY FOR GRANTED...

Haywood won in DOUBLE OVERTIME....42-35 I believe......Can't take ANYBODY FOR GRANTED...

I think many had given up on Haywood late in regulation & the "rumor got out that Covington won. I kept up with it on the "scoreboard" & some of our locals got the report from a source that I would rather not reveal (but you might guess partner) that Covington had won it ! It must have been a "barn burner" to say the least !

Special teams play killed the tomcats and the chargers took advantage..im sure all of the homecoming festivities got into the players head a little bit but haywood still got the W. it wasnt pretty and the chargers came to play but were still sittin at the top and thats all that matters.