Cheatham County at Spring Hill

Are you thinking of Jonathan Walker??????? If it's not McCaster then it has to be him??????

Matt Dunn played on the same team that McCaster & Smith played on (2005: 0-10 & 2006: 7-5).

Here is what McCaster is doing. Great Job Ned! This is one reason to stay positive about SH.

Osterman and McCaster receive SCAC weekly honors

Centre College sophomore Ned McCaster (Spring Hill, Tenn.) and freshman Tyler Osterman (Monroe, Ohio) have been selected as Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Football Players of the Week for games played Saturday, Oct. 4. More

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what McCaster is doing. Great Job Ned! This is one reason to stay positive about SH.

Osterman and McCaster receive SCAC weekly honors

Centre College sophomore Ned McCaster (Spring Hill, Tenn.) and freshman Tyler Osterman (Monroe, Ohio) have been selected as Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Football Players of the Week for games played Saturday, Oct. 4. More

Also heard Magwan Smith caught his first collegiate TD pass this past weekend. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's awsome Im happy for both of them. Those two work very hard.

Hey Osk24... what is wrong with the Spring Hill administration and why are the football, basketball, softball and baseball programs not successful.... why do the admin not hiring the top notch coaches.... I always thought Spring Hill... as big as it is... would have a very successful athletic program...some folks tell me it is bec the admin does not want a successful athletic program.... I have attended several football, basketball, baseball and softball games and do not see anywhere near the kind of coaching that should be what is needed here at Spring Hill... what is the problem....

Hey Osk24... what is wrong with the Spring Hill administration and why are the football, basketball, softball and baseball programs not successful.... why do the admin not hiring the top notch coaches.... I always thought Spring Hill... as big as it is... would have a very successful athletic program...some folks tell me it is bec the admin does not want a successful athletic program.... I have attended several football, basketball, baseball and softball games and do not see anywhere near the kind of coaching that should be what is needed here at Spring Hill... what is the problem....

I really cant tell you much about the admin up there, if you attended all of those games then you have seen more than what I have. My younger brother plays football and my youngest sister plays soccer. I have only been to one game against LC and none of the soccer games. As far as I know Coach Young(Basketball) is doing a fine job I always joked around with him and asked him when is he gonna take the gridiron path. He would work the heck out of you. So I really cant say much about basketball. Baseball, I know coach Lamb, and I coached with him at EA Cox middle a few years ago, as far as I know the baseball team is improving and coach Lamb has the intensity and attitude to get it right. Softball well there was a sore spot with coach a few years back but that wont help a program that much. Like I said if you have been to several games you have seen more than what I have seen. As far as Spring Hill being big Ill be honest my thought, the arrival of Independence didnt help much I think the kids especially football players would want to push that way since they played in the Clinic Bowl last year.

The feeder system needs work.

EA Cox Middle- They need to have a steady program in athletics. I was the Head Football Coach in 07 and I had almost givin up my career to start coaching again till I saw all of the Bull they went through at that school. I was lied to by the Principle and the AD. Im sure its happened more than once. So the feeder program is screwed up. They cant find a steady coach. I suggest they build another middle school or fire the principle and AD. I dont even think they have PE. Rex Slatton would be a great AD and he also be fair in every sport.

Anyways the group I coached were a great group of kids I think that they would help that program.

Coach Scharsh- I think he has a great game plan I have alway been a fan of the I formation. I did read doogie37 post earlier he was kinda blunt about it. I actually think Furtaw should line up at NG on the center on the snap arm side and mess things up. The D needs some work. Oline needs to drive their man.

I think Spring Hill will have a great season next year but the need to finish strong this year. Coach Scharsh has a good plan the boys just need to execute the basics.

To be honest with the new Z-Plan

Instead of scheduling Alcoa, they need to schedule Independence, Columbia Central, Mt. Pleasant, Franklin, Centential heck even Columbia Academy. They need to start some rivalry games to make some money and put it

into their program.

Does anyone know what region Spring Hill will be in.

Fast Pitch Im sure I didnt answer your question. The kids just gotta want it. But I agree admin support is a good thing. Callahan is a great Principle.

I wonder if any of the coaches called to tell them great job?

Maybe they should have come an eat dinner with the team on fall break.

I think all but two of the coaches are new.

But I think if Ned and Magwan had time they should come back to talk to the players and give them a pep talk and what it takes to play Football at the next level.

Trust me I wish I would have know what I was getting myself into.

Fastpitch do you have someone on the team that you know.

Also I meant Blue Cross Bowl not Clinic Bowl.

The feeder system needs work.

EA Cox Middle- They need to have a steady program in athletics. I was the Head Football Coach in 07 and I had almost givin up my career to start coaching again till I saw all of the Bull they went through at that school. I was lied to by the Principle and the AD. Im sure its happened more than once. So the feeder program is screwed up. They cant find a steady coach. I suggest they build another middle school or fire the principle and AD. I dont even think they have PE. Rex Slatton would be a great AD and he also be fair in every sport.

Hey Osk,

Couldn't agree more about this part.

Just to add something: many of the good athletes coming out of EA Cox are being granted "out of zone" status and are going to Columbia Central.

Even Rex's son is going to Columbia and I heard he had tried to convince other kids to go there. If that's true, I don't think he even needs to be at Cox.

I think all but two of the coaches are new.

But I think if Ned and Magwan had time they should come back to talk to the players and give them a pep talk and what it takes to play Football at the next level.

Trust me I wish I would have know what I was getting myself into.

Fastpitch do you have someone on the team that you know.

Also I meant Blue Cross Bowl not Clinic Bowl.

Ned and Magwan both showed up alot at practices/scrimmages this summer.

Coach Scharsch-1st year; Coach Godfrey-2nd year; Coach Brackney-3rd year; Coach White-1st year; Coach Miller-1st year; Coach Milan-1st year. Coach Fetner-1st year at EA Cox.

When Coach Scharsch was hired, he had to keep the staff in place for 1 year. He might make some changes and bring in his people next year?

Ned and Magwan both showed up alot at practices/scrimmages this summer.

Coach Scharsch-1st year; Coach Godfrey-2nd year; Coach Brackney-3rd year; Coach White-1st year; Coach Miller-1st year; Coach Milan-1st year. Coach Fetner-1st year at EA Cox.

When Coach Scharsch was hired, he had to keep the staff in place for 1 year. He might make some changes and bring in his people next year?

This is Brackney's 4th year. He came over when Coach McKnight was in Afghanistan./thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Stinks is watching them blow away a chance at the playoffs. Stinks referred to watching a team with so much potential not utilize it. Stinks is actually having pride in your school the 4 years you were there even when they went 0-10, 7-5, 1-9, and who knows about this year. Stinks wasn't bashing the team at all.

I have Lord knows how many friends on that team. I'm one of the few people at school who will tell you that we're good but we just haven't shown it yet.

66...why the heck do you constantly bring up baseball?? This is the football board, right? I come on here and support Spring Hill football just like you do, I just happen to say critical things. Yes, I am a baseball player and yes my number is 27...Look for me at the next game, I'll probably be wearing my jacket, but apparently you already know who I am. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I don't play football because I have no desire to play football and I see no problem with that. I was going to play my Junior year, but decided against it. Not because it was too hard, but because I have goals for myself and my team that I felt I needed to work for in baseball and playing football would have taken me away from that.

To add on to this...

The baseball player/football player little rivalry needs to stop. I don't/haven't understood it the whole time I've been at Spring Hill. The baseball players are probably the most active students at the pep rallies and such, and you see more football players at baseball games than any other sport...so why the hate amongst each other?

I agree with you, The baseball team may be one of the football teams biggest supports at the pep rallys, but on monday mornings the comments they hear from the baseball team is 'YOU GUYS stink'. what is with that. Do you think they dont know they stunk on friday night, but you just have to jab a little more. i have never seen a school where there is so much animosity between the two sports. You are supposed to be supported of each other, you know you can blame the football team for not winning, but for the last 4 years, they were not coached and that is a fact. They had no work ethic, or was never taught displine, so who is to blame the players???? I dont think so, think about it, if you didnt have a good baseball coach for the last 4 years, where would you be???. Would you like to hear everytime you lost, that you stunk!!!! I dont think so, nobody needs to be told that. WAKE UP, YOU BOTH WANT THE SAME THINGS.