Lewis County @ Loretto

My heart goes out to Coach Busby. It??™s hard enough turning a program around with all the natural problems that he has, much less having to deal will added tribulations. Changing a mind set of young teenager boys is a huge challenge. Fact is losing promote losing and it??™s hard to break the cycle. You must have a plan and stay the course as Coach Sharp did. In the early years many people second guessed him and became part of the problem. Everyone knows that if you??™re not part of the solution you are part of the problem. You must take your successes in small bits. In Coach Sharps' first year it was beating Hickman Co. then in the second year it was HC, Giles and Page. The 3rd year is when it truly turned around with victories over those same 3 teams plus Marshall Co. Now what will be Loretto??™s first success? Let??™s hope that it??™s not the Panthers from Lewis Co. that helps Busby get the ship sailing! Good Luck Coach and I hope that you get it turned around, just not this week.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk if its true but i think it is cause i have heard from 3 different people.. but they could be just suspended 1st drive or something idk

It is definately true, I heard from a friend in Loretto, that there were 8 or 9 players suspended for disciplinary reasons. This is bad news for the Mustangs, but the Panthers still don't need to take anything for granted. If the Panthers stay focused and make sure they don't look ahead to next week, they should take care of this one fairly easily.

It is definately true, I heard from a friend in Loretto, that there were 8 or 9 players suspended for disciplinary reasons. This is bad news for the Mustangs, but the Panthers still don't need to take anything for granted. If the Panthers stay focused and make sure they don't look ahead to next week, they should take care of this one fairly easily.

True,plus this adds alot more than what coach busby already has to deal with.

i think that they panthers of lewis county will take this one without any trouble.......i also they the 2nd string will play alot this game,the reason i think this is because they have hickman next week and i think they will keep the starters in the best shape they can......even if the 2nd team does get in i think they can hold there own...they played against harpeths 1st string the whole time they were in,and they went down and put it in....im looking forward to seeing all the players get some playing time this week.. go panthers....ill see everyone at the game...drive safe

A very overmatched game. This was pretty much the same loretto team that beat our Freshmen on Monday. The only difference was it wasn't 9th graders tonight. LC score after the opening kickoff in 3 plays. After a 3 and out LC scored on it's first play and then once again in the 1st qrt. to make it 20-0. Loretto did get a first down in the 2nd qrt. and it went to half 33-0. The B-Team started the 2nd half for LC and score one TD making it 40-0 in the 3rd. LC threaten a couple of other times before giving away to the Freshmen who played even the rest of the way. I'm not sure a game like this did anything to make the Panthers a better team. In the last 3 games the varsity have played 6 qrts. I guess if you look at the bright side our starters should be fresh for next weeks' showdown with HC and everyone is healthy.