Creek Wood vs. Dickson County

ISTHATRIGHT

When will the day come that CW and DC square off in a varsity football game? I can only think of positives for these 2 in county teams to face each other in a varsity football game. You can shut down the county like you did during the state championship in 88, the gate money for both schools will be enormous, the kids from both schools are dying for it to happen. This could be one of the biggest in county rivalries in the state because of the rich football tradition. And it sure can't be because one team is more dominant right now since they only have 1 victory between them. Everyone involved in making this happen needs to sit back a think about how good this could be for both schools and get the chips off their shoulders and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they should play... it would be great... I always try to suggest McEwen play Waverly every year... for some reason or another it doesn't happen...probably due to the consolidation issues and politics... It would be cool if DC played CW and the winner got to bring home a some type of trophy for which team won... I have wanted the McEwen/Waverly thing for a while with the winner bring home a trophy with a big railroad spike in it... be as the railroad had alot to do with the development of the towns... Sorry for bringing my tribulations into it but I agree with you and just wanted you to know it's the exact same one county over... I know both DC and CW aren't doing so well this year... but I heard the freshman at both schools were really good... hopefully 3 years from now you can get something good going...

As long as there's not a boundary in Dickson County and the 2 schools are competing for students and athletes, I can see why there would be issues with playing one another. Particularly if there's a difference in classification.

It doesn't seem like it ought to be all that hard to draw a line and put White Bluff, Charlotte and Van Leer in Creekwood's zone and Burns and Dickson in Dickson County's zone. Wonder why that's never been done?

Everybody else does it. East Hickman and Hickman County have a boundary. There's a boundary between the 3 schools in Cheatham County. Montgomery County schools all have boundaries and they don't all play each other either. In my opinion it's the open zone that's causing the problem and will continue to cause problems.

As long as there's not a boundary in Dickson County and the 2 schools are competing for students and athletes, I can see why there would be issues with playing one another. Particularly if there's a difference in classification.

It doesn't seem like it ought to be all that hard to draw a line and put White Bluff, Charlotte and Van Leer in Creekwood's zone and Burns and Dickson in Dickson County's zone. Wonder why that's never been done?

Everybody else does it. East Hickman and Hickman County have a boundary. There's a boundary between the 3 schools in Cheatham County. Montgomery County schools all have boundaries and they don't all play each other either. In my opinion it's the open zone that's causing the problem and will continue to cause problems.

I just don't see where that has anything to do with the 2 schools playing each other. The only people that seem to have a problem are the people on the south side of the county.

What, the school that's lost a bunch of it's baseball team to the school on the north side of the county? Hasn't there been a softball stand out switch from one to the other?

If I'm the school in the higher classification in an older building, I'm not playing the smaller school in the brand new building if they paid me to do it. I don't blame Dickson County one bit for not playing Creekwood in anything. That's just good business.

What's the real problem with drawing that boundary line?

From my understanding, there is a boundary. The buses only transport kids to their respective schools in that particular zone. A dickson kid is not going to be bused over to Creekwood, vice versa. Of course, some kids can provide their own transportation to each school, but that is a very small %, I would guess. Looking at the enrollment figures, DC has over 1400 kids and Creekwood has under 1000. Not really that big of a difference when you consider athletics. It seems like a short bus ride on a given Friday nite to make this happen. If there is such animosity between the two schools, settle it on the field, court, or diamond. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. They have to play.

I agree they should play... it would be great... I always try to suggest McEwen play Waverly every year... for some reason or another it doesn't happen...probably due to the consolidation issues and politics... It would be cool if DC played CW and the winner got to bring home a some type of trophy for which team won... I have wanted the McEwen/Waverly thing for a while with the winner bring home a trophy with a big railroad spike in it... be as the railroad had alot to do with the development of the towns... Sorry for bringing my tribulations into it but I agree with you and just wanted you to know it's the exact same one county over... I know both DC and CW aren't doing so well this year... but I heard the freshman at both schools were really good... hopefully 3 years from now you can get something good going...

Been saying the same thing for years mtown, It used to happen when I went to school and it was a great gate for both schools. but for some reason, and consolidation started it, the powers to be wouldn't allow it to happen. They play baseball against each other and they scrimmage in basketball. Waverly has a lot smaller enrollment now than what it did when I went there (1976). I had 220 in my graduating class. My son's class in 05 had 139 I think and my daughters last year had around 160. It would be great for both as the kids from both schools seem to get along really well in town I'm told.

It would be great for DC and CW too.

the two teams talk about it every year, but it never happens. why??? i dont know it must have somethin to do with the upper guys cause everyone i talk to wants it to happen. CW and DC baseball used to play each other every year CW had been a school and for some reason last year DC pulled out???? it might be because of their record against the red hawks lol. i just want to see the football teams go at it.

and about the whole DC students comin to CW, there is a boundary and in order to want to go from DC to CW or vice versa, you have to be approved by the school board and possibly the principal??? correct me if im wrong...

What I've heard is that Creekwood would like to stay around 1000 students and stay in the classification they are currently in.

Boobie, how many CW athletes played at Dickson Middle? I think that's where the rub is with Dickson County folks. That's the rumor anyway. A feeder system from middle school to high school is ideal.

Having a bus boundary and a set in stone school zone are two different things. I think if you had the set in stone boundary, you'd have games between the two schools.