District 1AA

coachh17

I believe it will be the same cast of characters. Elizabethton, South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Happy Valley are my top four. I do not know if any of the other district teams can make the region. I would like to see the Cyclones reclaim the regular season district crown. It should be another fun season to watch.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlander,

Elizabethton lost four quality seniors to graduation ( Fritz, Treadway, Culler, and Jones ). However, they return a healthy Mariah Pietrowski to anchor the middle. She could easily be the most dominant player in the league. Jasmine Jefferson and Erin Anderson give the Cyclones two more seasoned posts. Sophomore Kristen Powell should be the point guard and Kamra Fritz and Chelsea Bowling will man the wings. They need to develop some guard depth, but I like their chances. Unicoi Co. lost Mainer and Barnett to graduation. South Greene will be good again and Happy Valley has some talent.

Chambers is probably if not one of the best girls coaches in this area and kid's really respect him. I honestly dont think he will have any trouble finding a place to coach. I respect all he did for that girls program and how much better he made his girls each and every year it's just a sad way to let not only a good coach but a good man for those kids go..

But he is a very good coach and has all of my respect for all of the time he puts in for his kids and I hope the best of luck to him wherever he may end up at because they will be getting a good one /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Why wouldn't they be? Coach Fisher is one of the area's best, but he is getting close to retirement age. Coach Chambers has a good record at Unaka and might be a good fit if Coach Fisher hangs up his whistle.

Coachh17, In the event I don't see you during Thanksgiving Weekend, please know how very thankful I am for all you've done. You stood on principle in a most difficult time; not always the easy way to go. I'll leave it at that for now.

A lot more as we get closer to opening day, but for now I'm with you concerning the upcoming season.

Unicoi County lost the two great players - Barnett, Mainer - and of course, Kara Lynch, Amanda Vanhoy and others.

And, is it true that the Lady Blue Devils lost their prime post player, Jennifer Edwards to transfer? Might be too much to overcome to be top-tier.

Elizabethton might struggle early; but coaching will not be the reason. The Cyclones lost four very good players, which normally would appear to drop them down a couple spots. But last season's role players are very talented, and they saw lots of high-pressure minutes throughout the regular season, and during the tremendous tournament run. Most importantly, all of them are Team Oriented! The players you mentioned - Jasmine Jefferson, Chelsea Bowling, Kristen Powell, Erin Anderson - are seasoned and ready to step up. Mariah - - - Stay outta foul trouble!

Happy Valley lost a very good player - Hannah Banks. But the Lady Warriors have one of the premier players in the area - sophomore Kara Bowling, and several others who got better as last season progressed.

South Greene graduated Megan Clevenger. She was very good. But it's reasonable to expect the Lady Rebels to be a better team this season. Ansley Ricker is one of our our area's standout sophomore class that includes Kara and Chelsea Bowling, Taylor Byars, Chelsea Weddle, Chesnie Cox, Kristen Powell, Tayler Nidiffer and others. For now, the Lady Rebels are my pick to win the regular season title, but come tournament time, all bets are off.