PLAY-OFFS & CHAMPIONSHIP

Don't know about 5A, could be that Farragut is in the running, but don't they mess it up in the playoffs for some reason?

As far as 4A, I fully expect Maryville to be in there. They won't get there by blowouts, but GQ & staff know what to do to win a game. At the beginning of the season, I didn't think they'd be able to bring home #5 this year, but they've progressed through the season and think they can do it.

Well I think Maryville will win 4A. This year Maryville is very "Blue Collar", but they are getting more dominate every week. They will have some challenges in the playoffs, but they will get it done.

5A, I hope it is Farragut, but I don't know for sure. Last year I was for sure that they would win it after they beat WB, but it didn't work out for them.

The only one that is a shoe in is in 2A, Alcoa!! They would win 3A if they were in it, and would more than likely make to the third round and have a shot at moving on in 4A.

Also I would like to see Greenback win 1A. I watched this group of seniors play when they 8 and 9 years old and they were a great team then as well as now.

Well I think Maryville will win 4A. This year Maryville is very "Blue Collar", but they are getting more dominate every week. They will have some challenges in the playoffs, but they will get it done.

5A, I hope it is Farragut, but I don't know for sure. Last year I was for sure that they would win it after they beat WB, but it didn't work out for them.

The only one that is a shoe in is in 2A, Alcoa!! They would win 3A if they were in it, and would more than likely make to the third round and have a shot at moving on in 4A.

Also I would like to see Greenback win 1A. I watched this group of seniors play when they 8 and 9 years old and they were a great team then as well as now.

Maryville might win but I believe Sullivan South and Henry co. will give them all that they want. Does anyone know which regions host the quarterfinals and semifinals this year? The TSSAA hasn't posted the brackets yet. Thanks.

Maryville might win but I believe Sullivan South and Henry co. will give them all that they want. Does anyone know which regions host the quarterfinals and semifinals this year? The TSSAA hasn't posted the brackets yet. Thanks.

I'm from henry co. I don't know about east tn but I have heard if we win out and the number 1 seed from memphis region wins out we will be goin to memphis for quarters and then away in the semis. Tough road. That's most likely at melrose and at hillsboro. Good luck to maryville. I hope we both take care of business so we can give the state a heck of a show.

I have been a farragut fan for a long time and I will have to agree with you on the commit you made, but this years team is probalby the best balanced football team I have seen. They throw the ball well to several receivers and they can run the ball well to coach Sweetland has done a very good job this year. The last few years we were mainly a running team with Sterling kid and teams would put nine in the box and shut him down and make us pass. This year you can not do that because the Browning kid can throw the football so well plus like I said he has several good receivers (David Allen, Dane Winborne, Derek Harper, Brady Evans, Nathan Gibson, Alex Encarnaction, Austin Bolen). The Purty kid looks great at running back along with Chris Bass, Trevoris Bogan under coach Brad Watts. The offense of line has been the big up beat for this team. They have done a great job this year and give credit to coach Rusty Partin for this (JT Doucette, Will Jackson, Matt Oglesby, Andy Koonce, Jacob Gilliam). The defense is not a usual big Farragut team but they are strong and fast to the footbll. D-line is strong and fast to the football Derek Harper, Daniel Vest, Gabe White, Greg Grieco), The LB are strong and good and get to the football very fast (Austin Bolen, Alex Encarnacion, Terry Wheatly, Brooks Harper, Talyor Fry), the defense backs already have 14 INTS this year. they get to the ball very fast and well. ( Jonathan Moskal, Dane Winborne, Nathan Gibson, Trevoris Bogan). Farragut usually has a very good defense but this year they are more balanced defense of unit. Coach Courtney, Trace Pate, Tom Doucette, Kyle Harris have done a great job this year with this guys. Specail teams has been a BIG plus this year under coach Ryan Shoup he has done a great job in this area. They still have Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, and Oak Ridge left to play plus the platoffs. I don't know this could be there year but there is alot of good football teams left to play if they keep doing what they are doing now they have a good shot at it.