Smyrna vs. LaVergne

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that it will be another back yard brawl. LaVergne will come into Smyrna ready to play. Smyrna needs this win to avoid having to win their last 2 games, which are Riverdale and WC.

If Smyrna can win 2 out of the last 3 game they should make it to the playoff. It would be nice, not to have to beat Riverdale and WC in back to back weeks to get in. Not saying that's not doable but it would be nice to have a little wiggle room.

In all honesty, I feel Smyrna is playing really good football now and has a shot to win the rest of their games but it will take some solid football and a ???focus on your next opponent??? attitude.

If Smyrna is looking ahead to Riverdale in this one, they could be in a little trouble. But I think this young staff and players will not fall into that trap and play well next Friday.

Smyrna still has their goal within reach and I hope this is being stress in the practices and preparation.

I will say that it will be another back yard brawl. LaVergne will come into Smyrna ready to play. Smyrna needs this win to avoid having to win their last 2 games, which are Riverdale and WC.

If Smyrna can win 2 out of the last 3 game they should make it to the playoff. It would be nice, not to have to beat Riverdale and WC in back to back weeks to get in. Not saying that's not doable but it would be nice to have a little wiggle room.

In all honesty, I feel Smyrna is playing really good football now and has a shot to win the rest of their games but it will take some solid football and a ???focus on your next opponent??? attitude.

If Smyrna is looking ahead to Riverdale in this one, they could be in a little trouble. But I think this young staff and players will not fall into that trap and play well next Friday.

Smyrna still has their goal within reach and I hope this is being stress in the practices and preparation.

tru-dat

Lavergne is a young team that is getting betetr every week. I think their QB is really going to be a future GREAT one in this region. He has the tools .....just needs more seasoning. Going to battle as a soph will only make him tougher. Hester will have a good gameplan going into this one. No doubt about that. However, I think their youth wil start to show around the 3rd Q and the final score will not reflect their overall effort. Smyrna has improved and if their O can keep Lavergne's D on the field and wear them down, I think Smyrna will cruise in the 2nd half. Good luck to both teams. Lavergne....keep your heads up. All the lumps you are taking this yr will pay off next yr.

Lavergne is a young team that is getting betetr every week. I think their QB is really going to be a future GREAT one in this region. He has the tools .....just needs more seasoning. Going to battle as a soph will only make him tougher. Hester will have a good gameplan going into this one. No doubt about that. However, I think their youth wil start to show around the 3rd Q and the final score will not reflect their overall effort. Smyrna has improved and if their O can keep Lavergne's D on the field and wear them down, I think Smyrna will cruise in the 2nd half. Good luck to both teams. Lavergne....keep your heads up. All the lumps you are taking this yr will pay off next yr.

I think your thread has a lot of good points. I would like to add: as you pointed out LaVergne's youth, I'll remind you that Smyrna too is very young. They have many Off. sets where the QB, FB and TB are all Soph.

Seems like two very young teams going at it this Friday

Well its game night and I??™m surprised that this thread is not very active. Well I??™ll say I believe Smyrna wins tonight. I say this with caution. Here??™s why: It a Back yard brawl. These teams don??™t like each other at all. I know Smyrna has won most of these battles in the resent past but anything can happen in these types of games.

Smyrna needs this win to help their cause in making the playoffs and try to defend their championships.

I think Smyrna D is just too good and will dominate this game. Smyrna needs to work on their O and needs to reduce the turnovers and penalties. I know Smyrna is young and has a bright future but I??™d like to see them play with some more discipline and put teams away when they have the opportunity to.

Good luck Bulldogs and I??™ll see you at the game.