Pay for Parking?

Breakem23

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't all fundraising events involving schools have to be approved by the principal then presented and approved by the Board of Ed? I find it hard to believe that Columbia Central isn't gaining.

A local civic organization handles the parking. Columbia plays their home games at an off campus site. Not sure if they have any say so in parking issues at Maury County Park.

I doubt Columbia Central gets much, if any, of the money collected for parking.

Columbia gets the money from their parking. They are adopted by the local civic organization. The organization collects the money and gives it to the school.

Spring Hills parking for the central game last year was a disaster. A private company was used this year to handle the large volume of cars at that game. All money collected for that event went back to the school.

I really don't have a problem paying to park. We normally carpool to away games, so if they charge $2/car then it's like .50 cents a person.

I would like to know where the money is going and I always ask.

If it's going to help the kids/students then no problem. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like you went to watch a game at Notre Dame. Private Schools

All schools under TSSAA rule should be forced to use the same By-Laws.

All teams and or schools should have to follow the same set of By-Laws

but that is not the way it is. Private schools can charge to park but

public can not all they can do is ask. But yet public and private are is the same region so

we are forced to pay. Fairness you say, but such is life, all we can do is deal with it.

IN THE CHATTANOOGA AREA THEY MAKE YOU PAY. WE HAVE ASKED AND THEY SAY YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. AT LEAST AT THE MEIGS COUNTY GAMES THEY TELL YOU IT IS A DONATION AND GIVE YOU A CHOICE. ANY TIME WE PLAY NOTRE DAME IT IS $3-$5!!!! NOT COUNTING THE PRICE OF YOUR TICKETS, THAT ARE NOW $6!!

• 2 weeks later...

IN THE CHATTANOOGA AREA THEY MAKE YOU PAY. WE HAVE ASKED AND THEY SAY YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE. AT LEAST AT THE MEIGS COUNTY GAMES THEY TELL YOU IT IS A DONATION AND GIVE YOU A CHOICE. ANY TIME WE PLAY NOTRE DAME IT IS $3-$5!!!! NOT COUNTING THE PRICE OF YOUR TICKETS, THAT ARE NOW $6!!

That brings up another question that I don't think has been addressed yet. Why is it that some schools charge $5 at the gate and others $6 (and yes, plus parking-that means if you go alone you are paying between $8 and $11 to get into a game). I thought TSSAA at least regulated the gate charge. And this happened at a school in the same region and division as the visiting team. Does anyone know?