Sunbright Coach?

OleTiger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Coach Davis go back again after being done this way back a few years ago. I think someone said they have a HOF Game on the 18th then in Pickett Co Thanksgiving classic.

Exactly right! Why would Davis want to go back and step into this mess. It is so obvious the athletic department at Sunbright has no idea what they are doing. If it is true they are not practicing this is a very bad sign. They are missing valuable practice time.

If you read this entire thread everyone commenting is in support of Davis. I have yet to see one of the players who walked out, or any of the cowardly parents say a thing in defense of this. Could it be there is no defense for this incredibly "stupid" move by the player/parents.

Is there an athletic director at sunbright, and if so what is he/she saying about this?

Is there any truth to the rumors that one or more girls have all ready or will possibly transfer to Wartburg?

I heard that at least one has moved to Wartburg.

Yes a SO. girl moved to Wartburg and played as a Freshman last year and started a few games, maybe 3 will transfer by end of the week don't know if its going to Wartburg. I guess Coach J. Davis is calling and waiting with open armes.

News i here out of sunbright is they have hired a coach and she will be at practice tommrow.

Yes, I hear the same thing. A real "nobody". no coaching experience at any level! And this person is to come in and lead a high school basketball program? Good Luck on that one! This district has some real heavy weights, Oliver Springs, Coalfield, Oneida, not to mention a Wartburg team that went to the state a year ago!

Do you think this is what the parent and players had in mind? A new coach with no experience whatsoever stepping in and leading your basketball program. I have one prediction to make......this will be a very, very, very, long season for Sunbright!

Yes, I hear the same thing. A real "nobody". no coaching experience at any level! And this person is to come in and lead a high school basketball program? Good Luck on that one! This district has some real heavy weights, Oliver Springs, Coalfield, Oneida, not to mention a Wartburg team that went to the state a year ago!

Do you think this is what the parent and players had in mind? A new coach with no experience whatsoever stepping in and leading your basketball program. I have one prediction to make......this will be a very, very, very, long season for Sunbright!

This is the coach that the parent of the player that is in the office at the school picked is what I hear coming from Oakdale and Sunbright.

I have talked to a few folks in sunbrght and this lady is not the one most of the parents wanted the person most of them wanted was a man that is in florida. I think that every one should give this lady a chance the boys coach that they have was a new name to everone and he was very sucessful last year with the boys middle school team. I hear this lady was highly recommended I guess we all will have to wait and see what happens.

This is my first post on CoachT however I read it from time to time....This topic about Sunbright caught my attention due to the fact I played for Coach Alan Davis in AAU for 2 or 3 summers about 15 years ago, I was not from Sunbright nor any Morgan County Teams he work very hard with us 2 nights a week and play every weekend from Knoxville to Nashville even out of state. He when out of his way to help me and others from the team even my High School seen the improvement. We had players of course from Sunbright, Coalfield, Wartburg, Campbell Co., Scott Co. He also coached one summer his middle school team and he had a very good team. If these post are ture which I guess they are or they wouldn't be on here, Sunbright High School lost a very good COACH AND PERSON!!!!!!!!!!

I have talked to a few folks in sunbrght and this lady is not the one most of the parents wanted the person most of them wanted was a man that is in florida. I think that every one should give this lady a chance the boys coach that they have was a new name to everone and he was very sucessful last year with the boys middle school team. I hear this lady was highly recommended I guess we all will have to wait and see what happens.

Thats the problem with Sunbright now "NOT THE ONE MOST OF THE PARENTS WANTED THE PERSON MOST OF THEM WANTED WAS A MAN THAT IS IN FLORIDA" when does a shool have to get the approval from parents to hire a coach. I talked to a few folks myself from sunbright and they said the man in florida was interviewed this past summer, also Coach Davis was very sucessful in middle school last year and in the past. I was at the Area II championship game when his one of his best player (he had 5) was at the line he knew she was going to hit those foul shots. I couldn't believe the girl missed them myself. I think they would have won the state as well as the boys. So Coach Alan has done a great job at Sunbright.

First off --- You have no right to call the new coach a "nobody"!!!! Everyone is SOMEBODY!!! Imagine if this person were you!!! What would you think it you heard or read that you are being considered a nobody!! She deserves the same consideration you do. This person is a good teacher and will do a GREAT job with the girls basketball team in Sunbright!!!! GIVE HER THE SAME CHANCE YOU WOULD GIVE THE PAST COACH!!! If I heard right, they only won 2 games last year, so experience didn't help then. This person lives and breaths sports. She knows basketball, having played herself! Experience will get you only so far -- the girls have to do their part -- listen to her, follow her instructions and lead -- and play as a team, not individual players! Ask Coach Summit or Coach Pearl -- they are only as good as the girls/boys they coach. There is an old saying: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. The same goes for sports, you can give them the tools they need, but you can't make them use them.

GIVE THE NEW COACH THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. I KNOW SHE WILL DO A GREAT JOB!!!!!