Meigs Coaching

TigerTrainer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno is a darn good football coach. He believes the game should be played with a "certain" amount of passion and pride, call it old school if you like, but I respect the heck out of it. He could coach my son anyday.

Gene is old school to the bone. Few players pick up on his intensity and have no idea how to play "old school"!!!!

Is he a possible defensive coordinator? The downfall of Meigs football was when Clint Baker lost interest in coaching and went into adminstration. Meigs has never recovered from this loss. Is there a chance he would come back to coaching?

I'm not 100% positive, but I was thinking a person couldn't be in an administrative position (Principal) and coach too? Anyone know the policy on this?

Gene Davis....Great MAN for our kids to have around..

No doubt about that!

I'm an Athens native and I recieve the DPA daily, Ive enjoyed reading about the Tigers for quit some time now. The thing that i have noticed from the years past to now is the points the tigers are giving up. Meigs is a small school that has always played with pride and passion and thats been shown by there defense. There seems to be none of that anymore, and from my experience once you lose pride and passion its hard to find again. I hope yall can turn it around..

I don't have the numbers and facts in front of me, but from memory I recall Meigs having some very stout defenses in the past. This is the first year I recall them even having a losing season in many years, and from what I personally saw and have heard it was mainly because their offense wasn't good, thus leaving their defense on the field for the majority of the game. Meigs' didn't have the talent and the quality depth this year, but I wouldn't count on them being down too long. Obviously they need the right people coaching and stability on their coaching staff. I don't know a lot about Coach Eller but have heard good things about him from those in the know.

Losing Gene Davis is a big loss to them in my opinion. With Gene's age, tenure, and marital status he may be looking at retiring in Tennessee and moving to Georgia to work under John Mullinax again?