Sycamore at Macon County

In 2005 Macon Co. won and went to the playoffs. In 2006 Sycamore won and went to the playoffs.

If Sycamore wins then they are playoff bound.

If Macon Co. wins + beats Greenbrier in their next game then they are playoff bound.

The Prize?????? The TSSAA State Playoffs (likely opponent being McMinn Central).

WHO WINS THIS REGION 4-3A BATTLE OF PLAYOFF HOPEFULS???????????

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the game that determines whether we'll be home in a couple of weeks or still on the field. I've got to give the nod right now to Sycamore. The big win over Greenbrier will give the War Eagles the momentum they need to finish off the deal. Macon comes off a shutout loss to Station Camp where they continue to struggle to put up points on offense, averaging less than 6 points a game. In my opinion, Macon's best weapon is Grace's legs and needs to be as an equal and often part of the run game. He is very quick and slippery when he runs with a purpose. Max and the tailbacks are running hard and are having some success, but could be even more effective with another threat out of the backfield. Defense and special teams are playing well enough to win games. It's on offense where Macon struggles. We need all the offensive weapons we can get in the toolbox, ready to be used if we're going to play later in November.

Agreed.

Looks like you had the same chance as macon to get in the playoffs,but you lost.So all you can do is be a playoff spoiler,if macon wins .SONGWRITER i was at the game friday,your number 25,you talk about not touching the ball enough gave very little effort in my opinion.For macon to win he must have a good game and play hard,is he a senior?Macon D played a good second half,they must put a whole game together to beat Sycamore.good luck tigers.TC1

GREENBRIER STILL HAS A VERY SLIGHT CHANCE.............VERY SLIGHT /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Their lone mathematical playoff hopes rest on winning out, Sycamore winning out, and White House losing out. If this occurred then:

1.) Station Camp (6-0)

2.) Sycamore (4-2)

3.) DeKalb (3-3): would own tiebreakers over Greenbrier & White House

4.) Greenbrier (3-3)

5.) White House (3-3)

Under that scenario White House would be OUT because they & GHS would be 3-3 in the region and GHS would hold the head-to-head win.

Greenbrier is rooting for DeKalb Co. & Sycamore this week, Station Camp & Sycamore next week, and in the final week they need a win.

LOOK THAT ONE UP GREENBRIERCAT2!!!!!

GREENBRIER STILL HAS A VERY SLIGHT CHANCE.............VERY SLIGHT /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Their lone mathematical playoff hopes rest on winning out, Sycamore winning out, and White House losing out. If this occurred then:

1.) Station Camp (6-0)

2.) Sycamore (4-2)

4.) Greenbrier (3-3)

5.) White House (3-3)

Under that scenario White House would be OUT because they & GHS would be 3-3 in the region and GHS would hold the head-to-head win.

Greenbrier is rooting for DeKalb Co. & Sycamore this week, Station Camp & Sycamore next week, and in the final week they need a win.

You seem to know alot about football,but you,i,and the Greenbrier faithfull know this WILL NOT happen.White House,Station Camp will be 1 and 2

You seem to know alot about football,but you,i,and the Greenbrier faiyhfull know this WILL NOT happen.White House,Station Camp will be 1 and 2

I never said it would happen. If it does then every Greenbrier fan should become a believer in miracles /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1.) Station Camp (6-0)

2.) Sycamore (4-2)

4.) Greenbrier (3-3)

5.) White House (3-3)

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> See how little you know. As a matter of odds, I would never root for your alma mater. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looks like you had the same chance as macon to get in the playoffs,but you lost.So all you can do is be a playoff spoiler,if macon wins .SONGWRITER i was at the game friday,your number 25,you talk about not touching the ball enough gave very little effort in my opinion.For macon to win he must have a good game and play hard,is he a senior?Macon D played a good second half,they must put a whole game together to beat Sycamore.good luck tigers.TC1

Look man, I'd just love to see them put him in the backfield so the OTHER team won't have a clue as to which way the play is going when they hand him the ball!!!!. Plus, they won't "let" him catch a punt!!...He's totally wasted split out so far at the sidelines...the other teams have figured out that if you shade him on the inside shoulder then he can't get to that little slant and if he goes deep then it's hard for Grace to have enough time to get him the ball....there....i've never coached football at any level but I can pick up on that much!!!!!!....Also, I've said it NUMEROUSE times...give up on that play where he runs from one sideline to the other....seems like the other teams have figured that out!!!

I also hear thru the grapevine that he was "blamed" for the lose last week!!..he dropped one pass but the score was what 40 something to 6....I hope that's not the truth cause he's a great kid and he doesn't deserve that....

My hat goes off to him for remaining on the team...I think we did lose one starter this week....

Go Tigers!!!!!.we only need 2 wins and...we can still play in the post season!!!