If Munford beats HC...

HCTigerFanII

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right I've come out of my cougar cave and will speak on a few topics. Henry county is if not the best team in the state they are certainly the second best. That being said Munford will go out and play hard and do their best. The Munford coaches catch a lot of grief about not swapping film on this site but the truth is they've given Henry more film then they have any other team in the region and will continue to do so. My Brighton pick was based on how Brighton played Munford and how I expected Henry to play. It wasn't a knock to Brighton but a realistic prediction on how I felt the outcome would be. I think Munford is getting young people ready to play for the future. For those that think the demise of Munford has begun it hasn't. When Randall first came to Munford he had to change a mind set of losing. He did this by hard work and lost a great number of 10th graders. Those 10th graders are now seniors and they are few in numbers. If you know high school football most but not all successful teams are senior loaded. The last two Munford teams had a strong senior class and that with hard work contributed to their success. Now I know that some of you out there are gonna hollar what about the first year and the kids that moved in. I will say this and then drop the topic for it has been two years. Munford has and will always play by the rules. If a kid wants to attend and play football at Munford high school he will enroll and be within the rules set forth by tipton county board of education and the tssaa. There really isn't any more to be said on the topic or as Forrest Gump says "That's all I got to say bout that". I know the coaches have deep respect for coach Gaddis and his staff and all they have achieved. I don't care what kind of talent you've got it's tough to win week after week without playing down to a weaker team or having a let down. They have done an out standing job. Why is Munford down this year besides having few seniors? Some idiots want to take shots at coach Randall because they don't know any better. I've even heard it in the stands on friday nights. I've not made any comments for I don't want it to be misread as an excuse but I will relate facts as they are. Brighton lost their starting QB we're down to our third. First ACL in the spring and the second a broken thumb. Starting FB moved to California with family. Starting TB moved to Knoxville after his Grandmother died and is doing wonderful at Knoxville Farragot. I want go into all the injuries player by player but because we have so many that go both ways one down is really two. Out of 22 starting positions on offense and defense we've lost 17. It's hard for any team to be that deep and we are definately not. Munford will not make excuses but they will go out each and every friday night and play hard for today and continue to build for the future. That is our goal to ourselves. We have looked good at times and bad at times but our future will be bright. By the way I think you'll get Kingsbury in the first round with Gabriel Hunter and yes he is that good. Good luck with your season and have a safe trip to Munford. By the way bring all of Paris we want the gate.

From an outsider but, a fan and friend of the Patriots, and High school football I wanted to tell you I enjoyed reading your post. Many teams in the state that step up and become great teams, and are able to repeat because of more supportive administrations.

Henry Co. Is one of these places they love there football as you do there in Munford. I think we are fortunate in Tennessee to get the kind of high school football teams we do here. It's disheartening when parents and fans cause confusion during a season. It just makes it that much harder for all involved in the real game.

As to this team here in Paris, I feel this team here is special I seen them in their last playoff game last year with Maplewood a game that slipped by them at the end of regulation. With two OT's to end it, and one of best football games I have seen in this state.

When you take it all in to consideration about this team last year knocking on the door and not getting through and most of these players being a part of it. And several D1 prospects on this team as well.

Well it was not hard for me to pick them knowing they have head coach that knows how to get to where they need to be. That said in 4A football these are the BIG DOGS in Tennessee. And why I picked them to be the State Champions in December.

Friday night should have shown that to rest of the state. This Big Red machine is for real that's a given now. Good luck to you there in Munford. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

HC will more than likely have a running clock on Munford and when it is all said and done - I for one will tip my hat to a Munford team that will find a way to shut down some portion of the HC game. The outcome will not be any different than the Brighton - HC game, but Munford will do much better than expected and will be able to hold their heads high. HC messageboarders will boast and the miniscule pony will laugh.

HC messageboarders will boast and the miniscule pony will laugh.

Ha ha! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But hey...cougarmike....very well put up there in that long post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There is only one reason that Munford is so bad this year....because they didn't recruit players from the memphis area like they did two years ago when they won the region. Thats the truth

I'm so glad you are here to point that out to us. I don't think that I've ever heard that before. You must live in Munford for your knowledge of our team and the insight of this years problems are unbelievable. I bow at your enlightenment. It's a shame that with the earned success and respect that Henry County has that idiots like you continue to search for a reason why you lost a game two years ago. But hey don't let me or facts get in the way of your point. Continue to explain why Munford is down this year. For you are so wise. I hope your not paying for that Rhodes education but if you are check about getting your money back. Your being cheated.