SC

SCBaller

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie Co. will be district 6-AA Champs again this year! There may be some ugly things going down outside the court with this team but we're here to play. See ya in November.

I don't understand. They have college prospects on the roster, a good bench, and a good headcoach.

Assistant coaches are questionable, but otherwise, they look fine /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Del you must know something the rest of us don't.....because you try to tone the SC folks down very fast....as long as no names are being posted......they should be able to speak there mind.....and if they post a name ....just delete the post.....don't close the whole topic.

Not worth talking about too much. Tough choices had to be made by several. Regardless of what anyone thinks it has changed the dynamics of the team. It doesn't mean they will be a bad team, just will be harder for them without doubt. Things aren't always what they seem. I think there's an old Indian proverb that said until you have walked a mile in a man's moccasins we should not judge. Pretty much holds true here.

Del you must know something the rest of us don't.....because you try to tone the SC folks down very fast....as long as no names are being posted......they should be able to speak there mind.....and if they post a name ....just delete the post.....don't close the whole topic.

Lots of folks know that 3 starters have quit. I'm just not going to sit back and let it get stupid on this subject so I thought it best to warn ahead of time that I'm going to watch this close. If you let one side get out of hand then the other will follow. I don't intend to let either happen. I know my role as a mod and I'll handle it. If the topic needs closed I'll do it no matter who except CoachT thinks different.

Plain and simple I'm not going to let the players who have quit get bashed, the players still on the team get bashed or the coaches get bashed. Because the only people that know the whole story are those folks and I'm sure they know how to find each other to talk if they need to. It doesn't need to get blasted on the boards.

Discussing who's got to step up and fill roles and can the team do as well as predicted with those new folks in place is perfectly fine. The rest of the discussion should stay in house in Sequatchie County. It's their business and not everyone elses.

DL.

There has been issues on the team since this senior class has been in 8th grade. The problems came to a head at the beginning of the year when the administration took over. All together 5 girls quit but 3 were senior starters. There are 4 seniors left and they will have to step up. Also 2 freshmen may be in the running for their spots. It was all over an issue of bullying that could've been resolved with a hug and, "I'm sorry." So we gotta move on.

There has been issues on the team since this senior class has been in 8th grade. The problems came to a head at the beginning of the year when the administration took over. All together 5 girls quit but 3 were senior starters. There are 4 seniors left and they will have to step up. Also 2 freshmen may be in the running for their spots. It was all over an issue of bullying that could've been resolved with a hug and, "I'm sorry." So we gotta move on.

Actually, unless one has returned recently which very well could have happened, there have been six that have quit since this summer. Nine or ten have quit since last season began. Too much water under the bridge.

Hopefully things can settle down for the girls and they can focus on the season ahead. Upcoming freshmen will really have to fill the empty positions. They will get seasoned to high school ball soon I'm sure. Just unfortunate this all had to happen.