TSSAA Clock Rule for spikes

darook70

I read your topics and things you have written. It sure is funny that a West fan would know the back judge well enough to have this information. Would the officials have been from Morristown or that area as some have suggested? That would fit right into the NET officials normal behavior.

Okay, let me take these one at a time. Yes, I have posted things under the East/West post. I started it. Because I am a fan of that rivalry. I am also a fan of Alcoa/Maryville games. I like the rivalry. I also enjoy a great many games in the Knoxville area. Sorry. Guilty as charged.

I am not a relative, friend, or even aquaintence of any of the officials at the game on Friday night. I am not the said official from Friday night. I am not a "West fan" as you like to paint me. Heck, I'm not even from Hamblen County.

Ah..conspiracy theories. Everybody's got one. In this case its very unfounded. There was no biased intent or malice tilted towards Daniel Boone by the officials. They just flat out stunk. I saw them make bad call after bad call against both sides on Friday night.

You seem to have all the information pertent to the game yourself. See how ridiculous you sound? Accusing me of being an inside source, of being the official "out to screw Boone." I can say the very same about you. How do YOU know the clock operator? Hm? How do YOU know all the events that happened on Friday night? Are you a Boone coach? Hm? Maybe YOU are the clock operator or the said back judge trying to cover his mistake! Hm?? Perhaps?? Maybe???

To further my point about the absurdity of your accusations...you say you read my posts, yet, I never once mentioned a back judge referring to the final events of this game.

It is apparent that my esteemed colleague on this board is grasping at straws. Perhaps instead of groaning about spilt milk and whining up conspiracy theories....let's take a look at the overall picture. Boone had ample opportunities to put the game away before the final 1:51. They had 4 downs in OT to tie the score and force another OT.

If it had been West High on the other end....things would be reversed. Its football.

My story is straight. And clear. Perhaps it is you, who owes everyone an explanation, Mr. Clock Operator.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let me take these one at a time. Yes, I have posted things under the East/West post. I started it. Because I am a fan of that rivalry. I am also a fan of Alcoa/Maryville games. I like the rivalry. I also enjoy a great many games in the Knoxville area. Sorry. Guilty as charged.

I am not a relative, friend, or even aquaintence of any of the officials at the game on Friday night. I am not the said official from Friday night. I am not a "West fan" as you like to paint me. Heck, I'm not even from Hamblen County.

Ah..conspiracy theories. Everybody's got one. In this case its very unfounded. There was no biased intent or malice tilted towards Daniel Boone by the officials. They just flat out stunk. I saw them make bad call after bad call against both sides on Friday night.

You seem to have all the information pertent to the game yourself. See how ridiculous you sound? Accusing me of being an inside source, of being the official "out to screw Boone." I can say the very same about you. How do YOU know the clock operator? Hm? How do YOU know all the events that happened on Friday night? Are you a Boone coach? Hm? Maybe YOU are the clock operator or the said back judge trying to cover his mistake! Hm?? Perhaps?? Maybe???

To further my point about the absurdity of your accusations...you say you read my posts, yet, I never once mentioned a back judge referring to the final events of this game.

It is apparent that my esteemed colleague on this board is grasping at straws. Perhaps instead of groaning about spilt milk and whining up conspiracy theories....let's take a look at the overall picture. Boone had ample opportunities to put the game away before the final 1:51. They had 4 downs in OT to tie the score and force another OT.

If it had been West High on the other end....things would be reversed. Its football.

My story is straight. And clear. Perhaps it is you, who owes everyone an explanation, Mr. Clock Operator.

The fact is the referee came to the school and got the film of the game. He brought it back the next day and apologized to Boone coaches. The kicker was not touched on the roughing the kicker call.

Hopefully, the TSSAA will monitor these referees the rest of the year. They made bazaar calls on both sides. I feel sorry for the teams getting this crew tomorrow.

The fact is the referee came to the school and got the film of the game. He brought it back the next day and apologized to Boone coaches. The kicker was not touched on the roughing the kicker call.

Hopefully, the TSSAA will monitor these referees the rest of the year. They made bazaar calls on both sides. I feel sorry for the teams getting this crew tomorrow.

I have watched the film and the kicker was run into, but I do not know if I would say it was enough for a roughing the kicker call. However, the kicker did as he should and sold the hit.

Also, the officiating was horrible throughout the game. Boone had illegal formations on 8 plays in the game and 2 players moving on an additional 3 plays that were not flagged. West had at least 2 blocks in the back and 3 holds that were not flagged. Overall the officiating was horrible. However, I cannot bash the refs. I have never officiated football and believe it would be difficult on the best days. And of course, we as fans cannot be pleased. If the officiating crew calls everything they see -- we tell them to let the kids play. If they are not making the calls for our team -- we tell them they stink and to start making the calls. So, it seems like a no win situation for them.

I am also not going to defend them. They are being paid to ensure the fairness of the game -- to make sure both teams are following the rules. If we can see the penalties, then why can't these seasoned "professionals" see them? I realize it is hard to see everything, but there is no excuse for some things not being seen.

And to Boone, I feel your pain (at the East game we felt certain our receiver in the end zone was pushed down so that the defensive back could make an interception -- the officials did not agree and East was able to run out the clock). I am glad for the West win, but know that Boone played well enough to get the win. As I stated in an earlier post, Boone's coaches had a fantastic game plan and the team did a great job making the plays to make the game plan work. Unfortunately, they did not put West away and that is what came back to haunt them more than anything else.

The argument over the time is moot due to the fact that the officials felt there was time.