Soddy Daisy @ Farragut, Oct 14

chasanooga

Soddy Daisy (13-1) will travel to Farragut (13-3-1) Oct 14. Soddy Daisy has a swarming defense and a very good offense. Farragut has a potent offense and a very good defense. Farragut has given up 1 goal in the last 10 games and Soddy Daisy has given 0 goals in the last 10 games. This should be a classic matchup.

I'll predict, Soddy Daisy 1 Farragut 1

Farragut 1

Soddy Daisy 0

blueclearsky, you never pick Soddy Daisy, even against CCS you stated that SD has not been tested on the road, well they passed that test with flying colors, just wanted to know what your reasoning was this time? or is it just plain ole personal that you don't like SD. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....Oh ye of little faith.

What a great test for both teams right before post season starts. Farragut is having their usual great year with a quality win against O.Ridge last week. And Soddy having an unusually great year with wins over teams that they normally can't beat (CCS and ND). Over the past years this match up has not been close with Farragut spanking SD each time. But I have faith in my Trojans this year and with wearing my super secret Blue and Gold predicting glasses /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I've got Soddy 3 Farragut 1.

Good Luck to both teams.

I have seen both teams play this year and I give the edge to the strong short game that Soddy has used to blow through defenses this year. Both teams have striking power and great back lines, but in my opinion Soddy has the upper hand on taking chances that pay off in front of the goal. I also think that the 2 keepers Soddy has had this year have great instincts and will be able to handle Farragut's more deliberate approach style.

All in all this will be a good game with a goal differential of no more than 1.

SD 1

Farragut 0

blueclearsky, you never pick Soddy Daisy, even against CCS you stated that SD has not been tested on the road, well they passed that test with flying colors, just wanted to know what your reasoning was this time? or is it just plain ole personal that you don't like SD. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....Oh ye of little faith.

MVM - First let me say that I have lived in West Knoxville for many years. Bearden is to my east and Farragut to the west. So, I hear a lot about the two schools up here, as well as Oak Ridge and others, and will admit to a bit of home town bias.

Looking at the games played so far by both Farragut and SDHS, I noted that the opponents in Farragut's 13 wins have won 41 more games than they have lost. Soddy's 13 wins have come against teams that have lost 5 more than they have won. (Disclaimer - This is based on records reported on Eurosport.) I conclude that Farragut has had the tougher schedule week in and week out. That and Farragut's recent win over Oak Ridge influenced my pick.

As far as passing the road test, I did not see the game but, as I read the articles in your local press (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008 ... utout-ccs/), CCS was missing 2 starting defenders and Logan Mays left with an injury early in the game. I wonder how the game would have turned out if Soddy Daisy was the team missing 3 starters. Maybe, it would have not changed the final out come but I do wonder.

Now, I may be wrong but I don't recall picking against SDHS any time other than the CCS game. So, I do not feel there is a personal bias. In fact, you should be pleased that I picked Farragut since I am almost always wrong when I make a pick. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MVM - First let me say that I have lived in West Knoxville for many years. Bearden is to my east and Farragut to the west. So, I hear a lot about the two schools up here, as well as Oak Ridge and others, and will admit to a bit of home town bias.

Looking at the games played so far by both Farragut and SDHS, I noted that the opponents in Farragut's 13 wins have won 41 more games than they have lost. Soddy's 13 wins have come against teams that have lost 5 more than they have won. (Disclaimer - This is based on records reported on Eurosport.) I conclude that Farragut has had the tougher schedule week in and week out. That and Farragut's recent win over Oak Ridge influenced my pick.

As far as passing the road test, I did not see the game but, as I read the articles in your local press (http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008 ... utout-ccs/), CCS was missing 2 starting defenders and Logan Mays left with an injury early in the game. I wonder how the game would have turned out if Soddy Daisy was the team missing 3 starters. Maybe, it would have not changed the final out come but I do wonder.

Now, I may be wrong but I don't recall picking against SDHS any time other than the CCS game. So, I do not feel there is a personal bias. In fact, you should be pleased that I picked Farragut since I am almost always wrong when I make a pick. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said and fair enough /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I agree it will be an uphill battle for my team, but I hope SD can pull this one out. Good luck to the team that you pull for. Hope, maybe to see you there it should be a great game either way.

MVM--I detect the anxiety. Don't worry, your girls will do fine. The Farragut girls are a good bunch this year. They play hard and fast, but they show good sportsmanship. Hopefully you will get a good center ref that will promote open play and the skills and athleticism of the girls. The only bad thing about playing at Farragut is that the field is a little narrow for a soccer field becuase they play on the HS football field. If both teams play to their abilities, should be a very good game. I wish I could go.