Greeneville @ MoWest

barb

I can't believe it's Tuesday and we aren't talkin' about this one yet. Shoot...East/Volunteer has a whole page already.

Let's get goin'guys /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GHS wins pulling away late, 35-21. The big one will be the next week vs. East. I witnessed the East/West game and East has a great secondary. It will be interesting to see how the Devils passing game fares against the Canes D. East is also the most physical hard hitting team I have seen in the IMAC since the late 80's and early 90's when GHS and Jeff were both loaded with head hunters.

GHS wins pulling away late, 35-21. The big one will be the next week vs. East. I witnessed the East/West game and East has a great secondary. It will be interesting to see how the Devils passing game fares against the Canes D. East is also the most physical hard hitting team I have seen in the IMAC since the late 80's and early 90's when GHS and Jeff were both loaded with head hunters.

I wouldn't go puttin the cart before the horse if I were you. Yes Greeneville finally had a complete game...they looked great for 4 quarters of football but you must understand Cherokee quit functioning after 8 minutes. I thought Greenway was awesome Friday but the Chiefs just were unable to defend ANY of Greeneville receivers.What I was especially pleased with was the way the Devil defense played. Cherokee could not mount any kind of offense whatsoever.

I am not worried about the MoEast secondary this week...We are going to Morristown to play the Trojans. Thats always dangerous territory. We need the D to step up again big time and give Greenway and company a chance to do their job. I like Greeneville... in a close one.

I really think this game comes down to penalties. When I say penalties I do not mean the ones that really happen but the ones that the officials call. I have seen east at home set a school record for penalties (15)and then the next week on the road set a school record(no penalties). We did not improve that much in a week. I guess what I am saying is this: All it will take is for one guy on the crew to change this game with a few flags. I have seen better officiating on the road this year @ Cherokee,Fulton,Crockett than any game at home.

I don't care how bad you can beat another team, all it takes is a couple of big plays to be negated by a flag and it tightens the score. I am not saying that the refs are biased, they are just bad.

I really think this game comes down to penalties. When I say penalties I do not mean the ones that really happen but the ones that the officials call. I have seen east at home set a school record for penalties (15)and then the next week on the road set a school record(no penalties). We did not improve that much in a week. I guess what I am saying is this: All it will take is for one guy on the crew to change this game with a few flags. I have seen better officiating on the road this year @ Cherokee,Fulton,Crockett than any game at home.

I don't care how bad you can beat another team, all it takes is a couple of big plays to be negated by a flag and it tightens the score. I am not saying that the refs are biased, they are just bad.

We have had some of the most inept officials at Burley I have seen in......well...... ever. Every flag thrown on Friday required a 3+ minute conference and for some reason they still can't manage the clock. They seem to have become overly sensitive to the players language as there seems to be twice as many personal fouls called as there used to be. Games are taking longer to complete while these bozos sort out who said what and why and we don't even want to get into the no-calls. I can understand missing some holds and incidental facemask calls but these officials missed a blatant horse-collar of Trevon Hall by a Cherokee defender close to the Chief sideline that the entire Greeneville stands could see. Now lets see....talking trash across the line is pretty much harmless and should require a certain amount of hanky restraint but the use of the penalty flag in controlling hazardous tackles and blocks should be top priority.