Greeneville @ MoWest

barb

Are you Joking? Greenville over West?

Greenvilee has 2 threats...thats it.

Greenway and Hall. who else?

Im gonna give it to West on this one, if they come out and produce a good, effective running game, it will open up some great plays in the passing part of their offense...

West has been the underdog for a while now....and they say its because of coach woods....

Well Coach Woods never won the games...the players did...and i think the players are gonna come out with a Win on this one.

West 28

Greenville 14

You forgot to mention, the Fillers boys, Rollins, Spradlin, and Wright. Man you forgot that Greenway is a dual threat and has 5 or 6 different receivers. that's more than 2 threats. How has west performed against a GOOD passing game? I've heard not too good.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna give it to West on this one, if they come out and produce a good, effective running game, it will open up some great plays in the passing part of their offense...

West has been the underdog for a while now....and they say its because of coach woods....

Well Coach Woods never won the games...the players did...and i think the players are gonna come out with a Win on this one.

West 28

Greenville 14

West is averaging like 100 yds. a game threw the air, what kind of threat is that?

How has west performed against a GOOD passing game? I've heard not too good.

For that matter how has Greenville performed against a good passing game....there has not been two teams with good passing attacks in the 5 rivers conference since Cody Baugh was at Greenville and Jared Pallazola was at Mo-East...and the Devils were fortunate enough to have Baugh on their side.

For that matter how has Greenville performed against a good passing game....there has not been two teams with good passing attacks in the 5 rivers conference since Cody Baugh was at Greenville and Jared Pallazola was at Mo-East...and the Devils were fortunate enough to have Baugh on their side.

Greeneville gave up 35 points to Sullivan South and that was before South was clicking on all cylinders. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Well, Greeneville gave up ALOT of passing yards to Jeff in week 0.......and some big plays to Boone in week 3. They gave South all they could handle in a losing effort but the pass defense acquitted themselved admirably. Teams who have had success in the air have done it with the short routes.....the Devils secondary has been just outstanding in the later part of the season both in pass coverage and open field tackles. They don't get burned deep often, although they will give up a long 1 occasionally.

So, since you brought it up, how is west through the air anyway?

Greeneville gave up 35 points to Sullivan South and that was before South was clicking on all cylinders. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

If Greeneville, or either one of the Morristown Schools were in the Mountain Lakes, it would seem as if they were clicking on all cylinders too. Mountain Lakes are pitiful!!! Besides South and South isn't nothing like they were last year. No one man army.

If Greeneville, or either one of the Morristown Schools were in the Mountain Lakes, it would seem as if they were clicking on all cylinders too. Mountain Lakes are pitiful!!! Besides South and South isn't nothing like they were last year. No one man army.

Don't let that yahoo push your buttons devilfan....South is a very good team. Besides, Greeneville wasn't exactly clicking on all cylinders against the Rebels either. Easy to make comments like that when your average margin of defeat is 35 pts and only beat 'lil 'ol Greeneville by 15 pts. I don't think anyone from South will take any of the top 3 five rivers teams lightly and I suggest we maintain a healthy respect for the top MLC teams as well.

Don't let that yahoo push your buttons devilfan....South is a very good team. Besides, Greeneville wasn't exactly clicking on all cylinders against the Rebels either. Easy to make comments like that when your average margin of defeat is 35 pts and only beat 'lil 'ol Greeneville by 15 pts. I don't think anyone from South will take any of the top 3 five rivers teams lightly and I suggest we maintain a healthy respect for the top MLC teams as well.

South is a very good football team, but you can agree they are not as powerful as last year. Greeneville isn't sneaking up on people like last year either. I'm sticking to my thoughts of the MLC. I've dislike teams in that conference for years. Whats talk anyway, its just talk. It doesn't matter what you or I say. The coaches coach and the players play. I just can't wait until playoff time. Thats when the fun begins. Maybe my word will be true, maybe not. But all I can do is say Go Devils!

South is a very good football team, but you can agree they are not as powerful as last year. Greeneville isn't sneaking up on people like last year either. I'm sticking to my thoughts of the MLC. I've dislike teams in that conference for years. Whats talk anyway, its just talk. It doesn't matter what you or I say. The coaches coach and the players play. I just can't wait until playoff time. Thats when the fun begins. Maybe my word will be true, maybe not. But all I can do is say Go Devils!

I would give Sullivan North and Tennessee High a bit more respect if I were you.....their records speak for themselves....thats where I take issue with your post. Not looking at your stats before you use the words "mountain lakes" and "pitiful" in the same sentence. Remember, their conference has won the right to be whipped by Maryville for the last couple of years or so. You can dislike them all you want but try not to lower yourself to their level by disrespecting them.

West 28

Greenville 14

2 threats. is that so. so who exactly do you suggest greenway is throwing the ball to. even without hall the devils have near 1000 yards passing this year and greenway's got to be throwing the ball to someone. i think i'd consider the devil wide outs a little bit of a threat as well.

From www.greenevillefootball.com:

Greeneville High School quarterback Jordan Greenway is poised to set a new record Friday night as the Greene Devils travel to Morristown to face the West High Trojans. Greenway needs just forty more passing yards to become the school??™s leading passer, and with just sixty-seven yards, Greenway can become the first quarterback to throw for more than 5,000 yards.

Greenway currently has 4,933 career yards, behind Cody Baugh, who threw for 4,972 from the 2000 through the 2002 season. Third on the list is current Tusculum head coach Frankie Debusk. Fifth on the list is Greenway??™s father, Tommy Greenway, who passed for 2,346 yards from 1970 through 1972. A complete list of GHS quarterback passing yards can be found on-line at www.greenevillefootball.com.

The Devils, at 5-2 overall, and undefeated 4-0 in Five Rivers Conference play, will try to keep their grasp on the conference lead as they face the Morristown West Trojans under their new head coach Lamar Brown. West is 4-3 overall, with only one conference loss, to the Morristown East Hurricanes. East High, also undefeated in conference play, faces Volunteer tonight.

The Greeneville/Morristown West game can be heard on AM 1340, WGRV, as the Food City Scoreboard Game of the Week. Airtime is 6:30 with kick-off at 7:30 PM.