Greeneville @ MoWest

barb

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Stuff WGRV. Also adding some facts to dismiss the rumor that GHS is just 2 person team. Ryan Fillers as a reciever has almost 500 yards on 30 receptions for 9 tds in just 7 games. Maybe the best reciever in NET, but without all the fanfare.

People have made the comment that East is a 1 man team. The last time I checked, it takes 11 to play football. GHS is not a 2 person team and East is not a 1 man team. Both teams are in the position they are in due to EVERY player.

From www.greenevillefootball.com:

Greeneville High School quarterback Jordan Greenway is poised to set a new record Friday night as the Greene Devils travel to Morristown to face the West High Trojans. Greenway needs just forty more passing yards to become the school??™s leading passer, and with just sixty-seven yards, Greenway can become the first quarterback to throw for more than 5,000 yards.

Greenway currently has 4,933 career yards, behind Cody Baugh, who threw for 4,972 from the 2000 through the 2002 season. Third on the list is current Tusculum head coach Frankie Debusk. Fifth on the list is Greenway??™s father, Tommy Greenway, who passed for 2,346 yards from 1970 through 1972. A complete list of GHS quarterback passing yards can be found on-line at www.greenevillefootball.com.

The Devils, at 5-2 overall, and undefeated 4-0 in Five Rivers Conference play, will try to keep their grasp on the conference lead as they face the Morristown West Trojans under their new head coach Lamar Brown. West is 4-3 overall, with only one conference loss, to the Morristown East Hurricanes. East High, also undefeated in conference play, faces Volunteer tonight.

The Greeneville/Morristown West game can be heard on AM 1340, WGRV, as the Food City Scoreboard Game of the Week. Airtime is 6:30 with kick-off at 7:30 PM.

Cody has to be proud to coach his successor to the title...

Well, Greeneville gave up ALOT of passing yards to Jeff in week 0.......and some big plays to Boone in week 3. They gave South all they could handle in a losing effort but the pass defense acquitted themselved admirably. Teams who have had success in the air have done it with the short routes.....the Devils secondary has been just outstanding in the later part of the season both in pass coverage and open field tackles. They don't get burned deep often, although they will give up a long 1 occasionally.

So, since you brought it up, how is west through the air anyway?

Okay, all i can say is i hope the greendevils can keep up with our #88 Terrell Mckinney..

who might i say runs a 4.3, 40...

But through the air west puts up, at least 145 per game..

but the air isnt the only threat, our running game averages well over 225 per game.

so if your worried about our passing game, you should...

dont worry about it too much though we'll just run it.

So, like i said Greenville is a 2 threat team....

b/c their is no way, Greenville's wide outs can outrun our secondary..

So if you stop Greenway w/the pass. The'll run with hall.

Lets see Greenway =1

and Hall =2

oh, wait thats only 2 threats....

and whoever said the wideouts were threats, you have to be joking, it takes Greenway to throw it....

so he's only threat you have to worry about in the passing game.

Yea...McKinney did give us alot of problems last year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , 4.3 speed?!? Wow...I did not realize that we had another D-1 prospect being cultivated in Morristown along with Mr. Knight this year. I can't believe that we have not all heard of him by now. You say that Greeneville's wideouts are not capable of out-running the Trojan secondary? Well that may very well be true, but what about breaking their tackles, out smarting them with crisp routes, and the ever important ingredient...heart? I love the GHS vs MWHS rivalry, and arrogance and disrespect displayed by such people as yourself is what makes a victory over West that much more enjoyable. I'm not saying that the Devils will come out on top, but I will give credit where credit is due. Get comfortable in Burke-Toney tonight folks, because the playoff picture is about to unfold.

Okay, all i can say is i hope the greendevils can keep up with our #88 Terrell Mckinney..

but the air isnt the only threat, our running game averages well over 225 per game.

Lets see Greenway =1

and Hall =2

and whoever said the wideouts were threats, you have to be joking, it takes Greenway to throw it....

Man don't count your chickens before they hatch...Greeneville will put a shocker on u if u do...

Lets see Greenway =1

and Hall =2

Terrell, shouldn't you be studying so you can be eligible to play in the post-season?. I'm sure Coach Brown would not be happy you have been showing your ignorance on Coach T... perhaps I should link him to the MoRon-ic post you wrote about Maryville...

Terrell, shouldn't you be studying so you can be eligible to play in the post-season?. I'm sure Coach Brown would not be happy you have been showing your ignorance on Coach T... perhaps I should link him to the MoRon-ic post you wrote about Maryville...

Hey Barb....Don't know about you but it's gonna be cold tonight and I think I'll stay wrapped up in a blanket with the headphones on sippin on me some geritol....shall I bring an extra blanket-n-bottle or are you staying up in Greene County?? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BTW is Jamie Christian still with the Devils???

Hey Barb....Don't know about you but it's gonna be cold tonight and I think I'll stay wrapped up in a blanket with the headphones on sippin on me some geritol....shall I bring an extra blanket-n-bottle or are you staying up in Greene County?? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BTW is Jamie Christian still with the Devils???

I'll make the trip...not too worried bout the cold. We are generally packed into Burke-Toney tight enough to stay warm w/o a blankie /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Lets see Greenway =1

and Hall =2

So since you think Greeneville is a two threat team....were they a two threat team last year when West got beat? This years Greeneville offence has put up more numbers through 7 games than last years team did in 10. The defence has given up alot more points at this point in the season but their playing 10 times better than at the beginning of the season. Greenway can throw the ball anywere but it take someone to CATCH the ball 2, and about your comment about you have to have great speed to be a great WR thats not true at all.....the Tennessee Titans WR's don't run faster than a 4.5 which is slow in the NFL, but they are good in their route running and making the catches. Coach McCurry will have his troops ready like always