Grace Christian Basketball

RunAndGun

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they play without waiting a year since they have to change residence to "legally" be able to transfer and play right away. I understand they are privates but they are playing in the Single A - regular school classifications. Just wondering?

If its allowed they will be eligible right away

Grace graduated Hankins and Wannamaker. Both started the last two seasons. Also, Lipps was a two year starter until after Christmas when Williams began to start contributing and Lipps became 6th man. Grace has three very good players back and should be near the top in single A in East TN.....

the real grace is in chattanooga!

the real grace is in chattanooga!

Well talking about the present, Grace Knoxville went to State last year and did what Grace Chatt with 6'10-6'8 and a very good guard playing in single A couldnt do. That has to be pretty embarrassing. I think there is a Grace in Knoxville that deserves some respect. I do think Grace Chatt will go to State this year though and who knows maybe we will meet then.

Well talking about the present, Grace Knoxville went to State last year and did what Grace Chatt with 6'10-6'8 and a very good guard playing in single A couldnt do. That has to be pretty embarrassing. I think there is a Grace in Knoxville that deserves some respect. I do think Grace Chatt will go to State this year though and who knows maybe we will meet then.

Grace had a strong year last season, but to point out that Grace Baptist didn't make the state and you did is pretty funny when looking at the level of competition. I'm not sure how long you've been at it, but CSAS, Grace Baptist, Temple, S. Pitt, Silverdale, etc. would have much greater chances of making the state if they were located in the Knox area as opposed to Chattanooga. There is no comparing the level of competition for single A ball in these two regions. If you recall CSAS played Temple in the state championship in 2007. With that said, if you guys have the luxury of combining two schools to make one team then you will probably make another run and could go far.......Either way I really like your team and wish you the best of luck.....

they can play since grace is affiliated with knoxville christian. this will add depth amos and pridemore running the 1 and 2 guard with williams and slusher down low........the roane county transfer does not attend gca anymore

Ramrowdy, I don't think what you're saying is true. The co-op with KCS has ended and we never had one with them for basketball. Doesn't seem fair or logical that we could pick up two of their players without a prior agreement and because they played somewhere else last year. Just my opinion, but I don't see it happening.

Grace had a strong year last season, but to point out that Grace Baptist didn't make the state and you did is pretty funny when looking at the level of competition. I'm not sure how long you've been at it, but CSAS, Grace Baptist, Temple, S. Pitt, Silverdale, etc. would have much greater chances of making the state if they were located in the Knox area as opposed to Chattanooga. There is no comparing the level of competition for single A ball in these two regions. If you recall CSAS played Temple in the state championship in 2007. With that said, if you guys have the luxury of combining two schools to make one team then you will probably make another run and could go far.......Either way I really like your team and wish you the best of luck.....

Maybe you have a point in the level of comp in the past, I will agree with that. But the level of comp does not mean a team within that lower level of comp is not solid and a strong team. Grace will play a strong schedule this year and does play Temple at Temple. As far as me being at this long lets just say I do have a handle on the compitition, I responded to someone saying " The real Grace is in Chatt". I know the Grace in Chatt really well and know the coaches very well also. They have a very good team and I think they will do well. My point was with all that hieght and talent they had last year for a single A team they should have dominated class A

they can play since grace is affiliated with knoxville christian. this will add depth amos and pridemore running the 1 and 2 guard with williams and slusher down low........the roane county transfer does not attend gca anymore

according to the tssaa grace is co-oped with kcs only in football will have to wait a year to co-op in b-ball,if players transfer will have to sit one year. tssaa-1-615-889-6740. affiliation with football doesnot matter. two completly different sports.

• 2 weeks later...

Ramrowdy, I don't think what you're saying is true. The co-op with KCS has ended and we never had one with them for basketball. Doesn't seem fair or logical that we could pick up two of their players without a prior agreement and because they played somewhere else last year. Just my opinion, but I don't see it happening.

Time will tell