Division II Playoffs

3yardsandacloudofdust

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks AP.

In view of that info, I am going to go out on a limb and make predictions for the rest of the way. Please note: I could pick any of the teams after Round 1. These are guesses to stimulate discussion and will be updated weekly until the end of the season.

Round 1

McCallie @ Ensworth

BA @ BCS

CBHS @ MBA

BGA @ MUS

Round 2

BA @ Ensworth

MBA @ MUS

Championship

BA vs MUS

Champ

MUS

MUS 35 MBA 7

BA 27 Ensworth 24

So far, all the picks since 10/19 have been on the money. (Never expected MBA to get blown out like they did though.)

I am sticking with MUS in the final.

MUS 35 MBA 7

BA 27 Ensworth 24

So far, all the picks since 10/19 have been on the money. (Never expected MBA to get blown out like they did though.)

I am sticking with MUS in the final.

All right. The finals are Tuesday 11/25. Two days before Thanksgiving.

MTSU has a home game next Saturday. The TSSAA, in its infinite wisdom of treating Division II teams as second class citizens, decided to play it in Murfreesboro on weeknight.

What are your thoughts of having the game on a Tuesday?

MUS has to be the favorite. Does BA have a chance?

MTSU has a home game next Saturday. The TSSAA, in its infinite wisdom of treating Division II teams as second class citizens, decided to play it in Murfreesboro on weeknight.

Not only is the game on a week night it is on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Most schools are off Wednesday with many traveling on Tuesday night. If that is not frustrating enough, my understanding is that the game will start at 6:00 pm. Good luck getting to the Boro during rush hour!

Ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. MTSU's schedule was known a good while back. Why playing at MTSU is such a big deal I have no idea. Tuesday...unbelievable. At least Harding will be able to get back to Memphis at a reasonable hour since the game is earlier. I dare say there won't be more than 300 people at the Harding/Davidson game.

Why don't they have a simple back up plan , this game could be played at McCallie or Baylor.If it were M.B.A. vs B.A. the game could be held at B.G.A. or something similar.You won't need 90% percent of the M.T.S.U. seating.

Here is a way to express your feelings to TSSAA. Click on the link below:

http://www.tssaa.org/IntForms/feedbackform.cfm

Not only is the game on a week night it is on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Most schools are off Wednesday with many traveling on Tuesday night. If that is not frustrating enough, my understanding is that the game will start at 6:00 pm. Good luck getting to the Boro during rush hour!

DII-AA championship game at 6 pm on a Tuesday...all the flavor of a third-grade soccer game. The MUS folks will bring the juice boxes for after the game if the BA folks will bring the oranges for halftime.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

DII-AA championship game at 6 pm on a Tuesday...all the flavor of a third-grade soccer game. The MUS folks will bring the juice boxes for after the game if the BA folks will bring the oranges for halftime.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am sorry to say that I won't be able to make it as I am sure is the case for a lot of folks. I have long-standing plans for the holidays.

The TSSAA will probably spin it that there is just not much interest or support for the D-II games.

I am sorry to say that I won't be able to make it as I am sure is the case for a lot of folks. I have long-standing plans for the holidays.

The TSSAA will probably spin it that there is just not much interest or support for the D-II games.

I just googled TSSAA and ran across the following article. After reading it, I realized that I did not really understand the whole BA vs TSSAA conflict. I am much more sympathetic to BA's position after reading that the whole issue camme about because of a letter sent to 12 8th-grade boys who were already slated to go to BA. I am also impressed that BA was willing to spend $7 million to protect their reputation.

http://www.businesstn.com/content/brentwood-academy-v-tssaa

I just googled TSSAA and ran across the following article. After reading it, I realized that I did not really understand the whole BA vs TSSAA conflict. I am much more sympathetic to BA's position after reading that the whole issue camme about because of a letter sent to 12 8th-grade boys who were already slated to go to BA. I am also impressed that BA was willing to spend $7 million to protect their reputation.

http://www.businesstn.com/content/brentwood-academy-v-tssaa

This thread is dying so I thought I would bump it up one last time to congratulate myself /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .

If MUS wins Tuesday, my mid-October picks will be a perfect 7 for 7.

Ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. MTSU's schedule was known a good while back. Why playing at MTSU is such a big deal I have no idea. Tuesday...unbelievable. At least Harding will be able to get back to Memphis at a reasonable hour since the game is earlier. I dare say there won't be more than 300 people at the Harding/Davidson game.

Wow!!!

You complain about lack of respect from TSSAA toward MUS and BA and then disrespect Harding and Davidson with the attendance snub. Pot meet kettle.

I'm going to encourage the "300" fans from Harding and Davidson to keep their prime seats to watch the second game. You see, I'm just happy to be at state and don't care when they play it!!