SOUTH DOYLE CHEROKEES

waterboy6345

Based on what I have read from your posts, how does a coach keep his job that long? Do ALL of the players not care for this coach? If so, why do they keep playing for him?

Most of the players do not care for him, but they love the game of football and they don't get to chose who they play for. Secondly some of them have the potential to play college ball, and if the don't play in high school, then they won't get seen by colleges. The boys and parents are trapped because the Athletic Director hired him, and apparently is happy with him for some reason. Buy I think 5 years is long enough. He NEEDS TO GO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think if every player spoke his mind about Hutch, I really wouldn't be suprised to hear that most players don't care too much for him. He's not a bad guy, but I think he does exude a hard to describe feeling, almost like a unearned arrogance, but then again, most coaches do.

Based on on-field performance, I do think there needs to be a coaching change. Up until this year, the team showed some increase in performance level, until this year. This was a team, I really did think had a shot at the playoffs. We had a pretty good line on both sides, but our skill positions were crap. We lined up some of the smallest recievers I've seen in a while, and our DB's weren't much better, considering they were made up of the same people. The worse part is, this team had potential, but it was squandered by a system that the players were not ready to play in. We didn't have enough speed to run a spread offense, yet we did. And now, us Cherokees have been dealt another blow; having to play in the same reigion as Farragut, Bearden, and still being in the same reigon with Maryville. Looks like a long few years, so our rebuilding needs to begin now.

Here are my ideas to improve the program.........

1. Get rid of Duncan.

2. Then, Hutchins needs to be fired.(sorry Coach, if you read this)

3. Looks like Stanton Stephens is gonna be fired at Oak Ridge. Get him, now.

4. Try and eek out a few wins over the next few years, and try puttting in the freshmen and sophs. in the blowouts, to help them gain experience.

5. Have Coach Stephens play a more active role in the pee wee leagues, and help get more kids in the South Knoxville area playing youth football. The more kids you have, the more of a chance of you having them stick to the game, and playing for South-Doyle in the future.

6. In about 6-7 years, when all of this is in full swing, S-D should be a competitve team. But not until then.

Sorry to have an old topic arise from the dead, but I had to chime in.