CAK at Sweetwater

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same ole story. Which CAK team shows up? The team that played Alcoa tough will probably beat Sweetwater, the team that played sloppy against Oliver Springs could easily get beat. This is a must win for both teams to keep playoff hopes alive. If CAK's passing game is in sync I think the Warriors win. However; I do believe #9 Kolinsky is way over due for a big game on the ground. He is healthy now, he just needs more touches. And the defense needs to step up and quit allowing so many 3rd down conversions, other teams have chewed up the clock and limited our offensive opportunities.

CAK 41

Sweetwater 20

Offensively, CAK looked good, #9 Kolinsky got it rolling tonight with a bunch of yards and 4 TD's, QB connected on some deep throws, very few penalities and no turnovers.

Defensively, still some work to be done.

Sweetwater seemed to have some fairly good athletes, the QB, both RB's #9 & #31, all looked competitive. Not sure why they are struggling.

Congrats to the Warriors. They looked a little flat before the game, but when the whistle blew they turned it on. Great job by the OL opening up the running game. They allowed #9 to get through the DL where he was a mismatch against the LB's and DB's of Sweetwater. Kolinsky looked great and ran with power and vision. He showed good speed and even some moves, but I got a kick out of him seeking contact on a couple of runs. Reminded me of the way John Riggins used to finish runs, inviting contact and dragging defenders for extra yardage. Another great effort by #7 who has turned out to be arguably our most reliable receiver. If the ball is catchable, he has great concentration and almost always reals it in. He may get my vote for most improved offensive player (like my vote means anything.) I believe the game experience #10 has gotten has really paid off. The whole offense has looked much more in rythym to me the last several weeks.

Defensively it was not our sharpest performance, but 92, 67, & 1 stood out to me, and I also thought 5 had maybe his best game of the year IMHO.

I'm glad the Warriors have an extra day before the next opponent. I expect a much tougher night next Friday in another must win contest.