Cumberland Gap vs. Gatlinburg-Pittman

CGPanther7306

Possibly one of the biggest, if not the biggest game of the year for either team. Im gonna go with the Panthers in this one. The injuries are gone, and the panthers are finally back in their groove after their domination of North Greene! Its gonna be a great game!

CG-28

GP-21

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why i like starting the topics on CG, not enough is said if i dont do it. Anyway, CG is coming off of a big win "scoring wise" over NG. GP is coming off of a Statement win over WG(the statement being that WG is nowhere close to GP like they thought). CG and GP have no love lost between them, they have become a huge region rivalry since CG came into the region in 03'. GP has dominated the series between these two, with CG getting their only win in 05' during their region championship year. They hold a 5-1 series lead over CG at the moment with two of those coming last year, and one of those was in the second round of the playoffs in overtime.

This game also is a possible region championship game. All the weight is on these two teams right now, this game could be the difference between 1st or 3rd in the region. How all this breaks down is HV beat GP leaving them with their only loss in the region, CG beat HV giving them their only region loss as well, CG also has 1 loss in the region and that was from SG, SG is out of the race for the region since they have lost to HV and GP(2 region losses), now it all comes down to if CG beats GP then all they have to do is beat WG next week and they have won the region and that puts GP in 3rd place in the region since HV beat them, on the other side though is if GP wins they win the region and and CG takes second since they beat HV earlier in the season. WOW MY HEAD HURTS AFTER THAT!

A lot of "IF'S" and "BUT'S", but that is the breakdown on the region and all the possibilities for the top 3 spots. Me personally im hoping that CG will get the top spot but they are gonna have to play the best game of the year and probably their lives. GP knows what its like to play in these games, and knows whats at stake. CG's young team is in for a crash course smashmouth game so they better be ready. Hope its a CLASSIC, good luck to both sides. GO CG!

CG: 35

GP: 28

oo wow Cumberland Gap is just great for beating North Greene

That region is by far the worst in Tennessee

i think GP will blow this one just like they did with Happy Valley

CG 28 GP 24

No, its not a very tough region but it does have kids who have heart and some pretty good talent. Theres no need for you to bash it because you are bashing these kids that play in it. And nobody said CG was "just great" for beating NG, NG is not very good and we knew that goin in but they still have kids that want to compete and play so show some respect! What awesome region do u pull for?

Actually, if GP wins the best they can finish is 2nd. If GP wins, then HV is 1st, GP 2nd, and SG probably 3rd, and CG probably 4th. So yeah, it's a huge game for the Panthers. It kinda makes me nervous cause they are out on fall break this week. Fall break, what a joke that is. But they are definitely gonna have to bring their A game to beat GP. Because anybody that wants to beat GP better bring their A game!! I hope that there is a big crowd and the boys givem something to cheer about!! Oh and as for West Greene, don't knock those guys alum, they are pretty darn good. They are also 2 weeks away. One at a time guys.

CG- 32

GP- 28

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually, if GP wins the best they can finish is 2nd. If GP wins, then HV is 1st, GP 2nd, and SG probably 3rd, and CG probably 4th. So yeah, it's a huge game for the Panthers. It kinda makes me nervous cause they are out on fall break this week. Fall break, what a joke that is. But they are definitely gonna have to bring their A game to beat GP. Because anybody that wants to beat GP better bring their A game!! I hope that there is a big crowd and the boys givem something to cheer about!! Oh and as for West Greene, don't knock those guys alum, they are pretty darn good. They are also 2 weeks away. One at a time guys.

CG- 32

GP- 28

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for keeping me on my toes with the region race, it completely slipped my mind that HV beat GP so yes GP can finish second. And my only problem with WG is that they have newfound success and their fans have run with it and have expected too much. I have watched them play and yes they are a very much improved team from what im used to seeing but they have a long way to go and i hope they get there. Should be a good one this week and the week after. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

gotta love this time of year every game big. last year it was big and best game I saw that year most of the GP and CG players know each other some, and another great reg. season ending game for GP they have been fun to watch . by most they have over achieved this year seems like every line they faced was bigger. but they have faced everyone and finished strong.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk on this one. It's a huge game for both teams. For CG, it would put them at number 1 in the region with one to play, and for GP, it's a chance to sew up the #2 seed. I guess both teams really must be focused!! Looks like the weather up in Claiborne Co. might get a lil rough tomorrow, so everyone bring your rain coats and bundle up!!! It'll be worth sittin out in it for 2 1/2 hrs though!!!