Halls @ Adamsville!

utvol2

Halls fan checking in. That was a complete arse kicking!!!

Our guys were never in it...not just the score, but mentally too. We have a couple of kids that come to play and the rest didn't seem to care. The ONLY thing that worked was our QB running the ball. His passes were way off on Friday...seems at times he was throwing directly to an opposing Cardinal player.

Our offense is lost...even when we were hanging 30+ on the Gleasons, Greenfields, Lake Countys and Middletons of the world, we were still coming up with big broken plays and not really mustering anything out of the planned sets.

We aren't playing D like we did against those teams. Our D was stout against Lake County and for the most part against Manassas...they just had a few broken, cut-back plays that broke our backs. I don't think we have recovered from that loss yet. We had a bye week to think about it and I believe the team was more broken than I thought after that game.

I'm beginning to think the kids have begun to shut down for the year. It's a shame too...from 4-2 to most likely 4-6 with TCA looming at home on Thursday night. Then we get the thrill of going to Union City in the playoffs. We are a far cry from that 4-2 record...we were playing ball at that point...amazing what a month brings.

All that said, Adamsville came to PLAY on Friday. Those kids were fighting hard and hitting even harder. Kudos to #7...he didn't see a ball he didn't like, including picking up that rolling punt with Halls kids "standing" in front of him and going the distance on the return. Matter of fact, #7 can just flat-out play from every position on the field. Your D was just great covering our receivers...you had our QB just messed up all night. Good win Cards! Good luck against Htown and may the chips fall where they may for the wild CARD!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls fan checking in. That was a complete arse kicking!!!

Our guys were never in it...not just the score, but mentally too. We have a couple of kids that come to play and the rest didn't seem to care. The ONLY thing that worked was our QB running the ball. His passes were way off on Friday...seems at times he was throwing directly to an opposing Cardinal player.

Our offense is lost...even when we were hanging 30+ on the Gleasons, Greenfields, Lake Countys and Middletons of the world, we were still coming up with big broken plays and not really mustering anything out of the planned sets.

We aren't playing D like we did against those teams. Our D was stout against Lake County and for the most part against Manassas...they just had a few broken, cut-back plays that broke our backs. I don't think we have recovered from that loss yet. We had a bye week to think about it and I believe the team was more broken than I thought after that game.

I'm beginning to think the kids have begun to shut down for the year. It's a shame too...from 4-2 to most likely 4-6 with TCA looming at home on Thursday night. Then we get the thrill of going to Union City in the playoffs. We are a far cry from that 4-2 record...we were playing ball at that point...amazing what a month brings.

All that said, Adamsville came to PLAY on Friday. Those kids were fighting hard and hitting even harder. Kudos to #7...he didn't see a ball he didn't like, including picking up that rolling punt with Halls kids "standing" in front of him and going the distance on the return. Matter of fact, #7 can just flat-out play from every position on the field. Your D was just great covering our receivers...you had our QB just messed up all night. Good win Cards! Good luck against Htown and may the chips fall where they may for the wild CARD!

Tigertiger,

I hope everyone came out injury free on your side. I was impressed with #12 running the football. He just never had a chance to set up and throw. We blitzed his eyeballsout. It did seem at times that he was just throwing the ball up to get rid of it. YOu had some kids that played hard. Goodluck and maybe you guys can win one against TCA. It would help our case if we fall at huntingdon and you guys win.

Adamsville had a bitter taste in their mouth left over from last ear when you guys beat us and all but eliminated our playoff hopes. They decided as a team we did not want that this year. Our kids have finally bought into just how good they could be and have played that way for the last couple of games. Goodluck, we might see you guys again next year who knows what district or region we will all be in.